Judge throws out case, says “In God We Trust” will stay on currency

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"A judge recently struck down a case regarding the religious wording on U.S. currency. The plaintiff argued that the phrase 'In God We Trust', that is seen on American dollars, is a breach of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and places a burden on a person’s right to exercise religious freedom."

“Congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of religion. It doesn’t matter if it violates free will or not. The words 'In God We Trust' respects an establishment of religion.”

“The phrase 'separation of church and state' is a simplistic and misleading representation of the intent of the founding fathers. Their goal was to foster, nourish, and encourage religious belief in God (as opposed to belief in no god) because they correctly believed that people who think they will someday return and report to their creator are much more likely to be peaceful, loving, thoughtful, forgiving, courteous, etc. than people who do not hold such a belief. History is proving the correctness of their perception. All the stats say we are becoming less and less believers in God and they also clearly show our slow decent into rudeness, selfishness, greed and violence.”

Story: http://awm.com/judge-throws-out-cas...this-4/?utm_medium=partners&utm_source=vonvon

gds.jpg

@mcveteran81

Last edited:
But those poor people that take the time to be oppressed when they think about "In God We Trust" emblazoned on the money that they are using to purchase alcohol, drugs and prostitutes.

What exactly is the value of putting god's name on our dollars? Just curious. It seems to make absolutely no sense. I mean, it's certainly not fooling him. And wrapping up your god with your money seems like something a mark or a con man would do.

What exactly is the value of putting god's name on our dollars? Just curious.

Did you read the article?
"The founding fathers had a goal to foster, nourish, and encourage religious belief in God (as opposed to belief in no god) because they correctly believed that people who think they will someday return and report to their creator are much more likely to be peaceful, loving, thoughtful, forgiving, courteous, etc. than people who do not hold such a belief."

Did you read the article?
"The founding fathers had a goal to foster, nourish, and encourage religious belief in God (as opposed to belief in no god) because they correctly believed that people who think they will someday return and report to their creator are much more likely to be peaceful, loving, thoughtful, forgiving, courteous, etc. than people who do not hold such a belief."
Yes, I read it. That quote is attributed to- pay attention to the spelling here- "some commenter's." It's also a shit argument for many reasons. Do you have a good reason for slathering god's name onto our money?

How sad is your life when this is your goal.

Read a fuckin book.

Yes, I read it. That quote is attributed to- pay attention to the spelling here- "some commenter's." It's also a shit argument for many reasons. Do you have a good reason for slathering god's name onto our money?

Regardless of belief, western society would not be here without religion. Seems like a decent reason to me.

It's difficult to see how the separation of church and state applies here.

"God" without specific context or sectarian symbols is merely the concept of a supreme force.

To successfully argue that the word "God" is affiliated with a/the church and infringes upon individual religious freedom, you would need to basically prove in court which God is the real one and that he hates homos.

“The phrase 'separation of church and state' is a simplistic and misleading representation of the intent of the founding fathers. Their goal was to foster, nourish, and encourage religious belief in God (as opposed to belief in no god) because they correctly believed that people who think they will someday return and report to their creator are much more likely to be peaceful, loving, thoughtful, forgiving, courteous, etc. than people who do not hold such a belief. History is proving the correctness of their perception. All the stats say we are becoming less and less believers in God and they also clearly show our slow decent into rudeness, selfishness, greed and violence.”

you quoted that as if it was said by the judge. it was said by 'some commenters', aka a retard.

Regardless of belief, western society would not be here without religion. Seems like a decent reason to me.
Sounds arbitrary.

you quoted that as if it was said by the judge. it was said by 'some commenters', aka a retard.
Not to mention the phrase wasn't on the bill until the 50's.

True, about the 'some commenter's'. But you asked: 'What exactly is the value of putting god's name on our dollars?', and I think that is as good of a reason as any other.

"In God We Trust" is the official motto of the United States. It was adopted as the nation's motto in 1956 replacing the unofficial motto of 'E pluribus unum' (Out of many one). This 1782 motto would play a key role later in the Civil War. "In God We Trust" first appeared on the 2 cent piece in 1864. The argument can go both ways on having God in our currency. I personally like it, and many Americans in 1956 supported it. I can see where in today's 'politically correct' America it would become a problem. If the Confederate flag and Confederate statues that have been around for hundreds of years are coming down, this too may change in the near future. This time though, the case for it won in court.

@BJ@LW&WW

Just wait for all the leftists to attack this judge! They are tyrants!

"We don't worship government, we worship God."-President Donald Trump

I can see where in today's 'politically correct' America it would become a problem. If the Confederate flag and Confederate statues that have been around for hundreds of years are coming down, this too may change in the near future. This time though, the case for it won in court.

@BJ@LW&WW
Thank God that Hillary didn't win.

Why not put "In God We Trust" on more government issued things? Speeding tickets, IRS notices, registration acknowledgement cards for the draft....

You mean the liberals will not be able to replace Washington with their baphomet symbol?

Back