Law Kathryn Steinle's Murder: Illegal Immigrant Found NOT Guilty of Manslaughter by San Francisco Jury

Is there a difference between a people of a certain ethnicity being gunned down by police officers and a person randomly killed by a criminal? I'm not a fan of Obama but does he have to make a statement and give condolences to all people who are killed by criminals? People are trying to turn this into an immigration issue when it is a crime and gun issue too.

hi and nice to meet you Raiman,

i think there are two sorts of folks in this thread who are disappointed in the POTUS.

1) posters who are angry that Mr. Obama feels its ok to comment on the Fort Hood shootings, or the Aurora shootings, or the Trayvon Martin shooting, but isn't commenting on this particular shooting.

2) posters who are sympathetic to candidate Donald Trump and his contention that illegal immigrants are the scourge of society, guilty of destroying the very fabric of our life here in America.

i can kinda see where folks in the former are coming from, but not the xenophobic followers of Mr. Trump.

- IGIT

It has officially become a race to see who can exploit someone's death first. The sympathetic death card is a hard one to top because you can't call someone out on it without suffering backlash.

This is right.

I mean when you really think about it in an unbiased way, this is just a ridiculous thread. People are crying about the president not commenting on a specific murder? WTF? It's not even coming from some sincere desire to see Obama comfort the family or something. Most of the people crying about him not commenting would be crying if he did comment. It's pure grandstanding. I could see a call to address a crime wave committed by unauthorized immigrants or something, but we already know that they commit crimes at a lower rate than native-born Americans.

This is right.

I mean when you really think about it in an unbiased way, this is just a ridiculous thread. People are crying about the president not commenting on a specific murder? WTF? It's not even coming from some sincere desire to see Obama comfort the family or something. Most of the people crying about him not commenting would be crying if he did comment. It's pure grandstanding. I could see a call to address a crime wave committed by unauthorized immigrants or something, but we already know that they commit crimes at a lower rate than native-born Americans.

Even if he commented they'd bitch.

If Obama commented immediately it would be, "He's not letting this poor family grieve. He's stealing attention from their loss."

If he comments now, it's too late.

Not to mention, they'd pick apart every syllable of every work he speaks.

Of course, this is all aside from the fact that this entire argument is contrived bullshit.

hi all,

there's something i have to bring up, because i'm starting to find it sort of hilarious.

folks are getting really riled up about the POTUS commenting on the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Freddie Brown, insinuating (i guess) that Mr. Obama only cares about black people and no one else.

why is it that no one accused Mr. Obama of only caring about Jews when he said this?

On behalf of the American people I extend my deepest and heartfelt condolences to the families of Eyal Yifrach, Gilad Shaar, and Naftali Fraenkel

why is it that people are so angry about Mr. Obama commenting on the shootings of young, black men, but seem okie dokie when he makes remarks on the deaths of non-black ethnicities?

why so selective?

People aren't worried about consistency or logic. It's just GOP fundraising season, and people don't think critically about this stuff. On top of that, if you want to reduce immigration, you're going to jump on any story that allows you to make it a more emotional issue.

People aren't worried about consistency or logic. It's just GOP fundraising season, and people don't think critically about this stuff. On top of that, if you want to reduce immigration, you're going to jump on any story that allows you to make it a more emotional issue.

hi and good afternoon, Jack,

yep.

it's also strange how i never hear a thing about the abuse of student visas, and all those damn white europeans who are infesting our country.

judging by how hardcore illegal immigrant hawks are about this single incident, you'd think they'd find the oxygen to get outraged about this too.

i wonder why no one authors a thread about this?

hmmm.

- IGIT

hi and good afternoon, Jack,

yep.

it's also strange how i never hear a thing about the abuse of student visas, and all those damn white europeans who are infesting our country.

judging by how hardcore illegal immigrant hawks are about this single incident, you'd think they'd find the oxygen to get outraged about this too.

i wonder why no one authors a thread about this?

hmmm.

- IGIT

Why don't you start a thread on student visa abuse or post a link to a story? For you to equivocate the two, there must be millions, right? Not something I see in the news.

Also, if you have any stories of any of these students being here illegally (not only that, but repeatedly returning to this country illegally, and that basically getting ignored) and killing someone, please post.

TBH I have no idea why Obama even commented on Trayvon, Brown, Gray, and Garner.

They were pretty much isolated incidents like Steinle was.

hi all,

there's something i have to bring up, because i'm starting to find it sort of hilarious.

folks are getting really riled up about the POTUS commenting on the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Freddie Brown, insinuating (i guess) that Mr. Obama only cares about black people and no one else.

why is it that no one accused Mr. Obama of only caring about Jews when he said this?

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/bre...ment-about-the-murder-of-our-boys/2014/06/30/

why is it that no one accused Mr. Obama of only caring about police officers, and not the victims of LEO's gone wild (a thread topic that gets big love here in the War Room) when he said this?

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...ypd-officers-killed-113724.html#ixzz3gLzH0jLf

why is it that no one accused Mr. Obama of only caring about deaths in the military when he said this regarding Aaron Alexis' shootings at a Navy Yard?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/obama-responded-10-mass-shootings-2009-article-1.2263200

why is it that people are so angry about Mr. Obama commenting on the shootings of young, black men, but seem okie dokie when he makes remarks on the deaths of non-black ethnicities?

why so selective?

lol.

- IGIT

He's Black.

TBH I have no idea why Obama even commented on Trayvon, Brown, Gray, and Garner.

You don't? With Martin, a kid was killed, and the cops asked the killer what happened and let him go. The perception was that the law just did not give a shit. It wasn't necessarily, but it made sense that the president would come in to say that it would be investigated (with no promises about the outcome) and to sympathize with the family. And when you have a situation where the cops are systematically mistreating a segment of the population, that's also an appropriate issue for a president to comment on (and note that he doesn't comment on every instance of cops killing unarmed civilians--when it's an isolated incident, it's an isolated incident).

Why don't you start a thread on student visa abuse or post a link to a story? For you to equivocate the two, there must be millions, right? Not something I see in the news.

Also, if you have any stories of any of these students being here illegally (not only that, but repeatedly returning to this country illegally, and that basically getting ignored) and killing someone, please post.

hi gigantalor,

if the issue of illegal immigration is such a burning issue to you (it's not for me), i would think that you would want to scribe a post on the problem of student visa fraud.

i guess as long as illegal immigration doesn't result in a violent crime, then, you're ok with it? if that's the case, illegal immigrants commit these crimes at a lower rate than US citizens

hi Queen B,

most shootings in the US are isolated incidents

Because of so much injustice that has been done to people of color in these situations and we as a nation go "Is normal..."

Trayvon- An unarmed kid that was just trying to get home in a neighborhood he was unfamiliar with and wound up dead. The killer was home free within hours

Brown- An unarmed young man that "went at a cop like a snarling demon" and wound up dead. Despite many people saying "he had his *uckin' hands up". The killer was never charged.

Gray- A man that was detained by police after an illegal search that found he had a legal knife on him and died in a police van. Six of the accused lynch men have been charged.

Garner- An unarmed man that was choked to death (verified by the NYC medical examiner's office) with an illegal chokehold for selling individual cigarettes. Of which he had none on him at the time. The killer was never charged.

Isolated?

He's Black.

hi Strychnyne,

yeah, thats pretty much what i'm getting.

its ok for Mr. Obama to comment on other deaths and shootings, but not ones where the victim is black. because Mr. Obama is black.

lol.

ahhhh, America.

- IGIT

Dems pander hard to hispanics that is why Obama didn't mention this. It's pretty pathetic considering all the other murders he has commented on but that's Obama.

hi gigantalor,

if the issue of illegal immigration is such a burning issue to you (it's not for me), i would think that you would want to scribe a post on the problem of student visa fraud.

i guess as long as illegal immigration doesn't result in a violent crime, then, you're ok with it? if that's the case, illegal immigrants commit these crimes at a lower rate than US citizens…so i guess its not a problem after all.

- IGIT

And I wonder if gigantalor thinks that European students have never committed a crime in America. :)

Dems pander hard to hispanics that is why Obama didn't mention this. It's pretty pathetic considering all the other murders he has commented on but that's Obama.

"Pandering to Hispanics" = "not making openly derogatory remarks about all Hispanics."

Lol yeah that's why. Dems criticize Obama on his deportation record. He's still waiting on a congrats from conservatives.

hi Strychnyne,

yeah, thats pretty much what i'm getting.

Of course it is, because that's what liberals do. Cry racism. We all know that the right would never challenge or criticize Hillary on anything. Oh, wait, yes they do.

its ok for Mr. Obama to comment on other deaths and shootings, but not ones where the victim is black. because Mr. Obama is black.

lol.

ahhhh, America.

- IGIT

Here you flip the argument around. Thing is, nobody has said anything close to that.

But you apparently think the inverse (this case) is okay.

And you probably don't even see the irony of your own post.

Last edited:
And I wonder if gigantalor thinks that European students have never committed a crime in America. :)

Sure you do, because you're disingenuous as hell.

"Pandering to Hispanics" = "not making openly derogatory remarks about all Hispanics."

Strawman.

More like "not commenting on a case because the perpetrator is Hispanic."

Here you flip the argument around. Thing is, nobody has said anything close to that.

But you apparently think the inverse (this case) is okay.

And you probably don't even see the irony of your own post.

hi gigantalor,

i do see the irony in it, though.

Mr. Obama comments on deaths that he finds troubling - sometimes those deaths involve young black men (which correct me if I'm wrong, you're opposed to) and sometimes they don't involve young black men (which you're ok with).

right?

i'm not calling you a racist, by the way.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Back