Law Kathryn Steinle's Murder: Illegal Immigrant Found NOT Guilty of Manslaughter by San Francisco Jury

Is there a difference between a people of a certain ethnicity being gunned down by police officers and a person randomly killed by a criminal? I'm not a fan of Obama but does he have to make a statement and give condolences to all people who are killed by criminals? People are trying to turn this into an immigration issue when it is a crime and gun issue too.

I don't know anything about what lines the GOP are throwing out there.

That the president is somehow obligated to go along with Republican attempts to politicize this crime. Don't play dumb.

I do know that your claim that there's nothing here related to immigration is laughable and there's no way you believe in it other than as a tactic to stymie a simple point, presumably because you think it would be used to cast Obama in a bad light. Whatever else you're attempting to interject is a distraction from that fact.

See, here you go again. Fuck you if you think that the common-sense position here is "laughable" and that I only hold it for some nefarious reason. When you come out like that, you're showing that you have no interest in a good-faith discussion or basic standards of decency.

Where was your effort to demonstrate how local police enforcement is related to his job moreso than the circumstances here?

I said this is just an ordinary murder. The fact that the killer was an immigrant is irrelevant. It's not even like immigrants have a higher rate of murder. What else do you want?

See, here you go again. Fuck you if you think that the common-sense position here is "laughable" and that I only hold it for some nefarious reason. When you come out like that, you're showing that you have no interest in a good-faith discussion or basic standards of decency.

So emotional. I'm detecting high levels of estrogen in this thread. LOL.

200_s.gif

I said this is just an ordinary murder. The fact that the killer was an immigrant is irrelevant. It's not even like immigrants have a higher rate of murder. What else do you want?

Yeah, way to leave out the word "illegal." That fact is very relevant. The guy had been deported 5 times, yet he was still free to roam around this country. The simple fact is: had he not been in this country (illegally), the murder wouldn't have happened.

So emotional. I'm detecting high levels of estrogen in this thread. LOL.

??? Is the suggestion that A) being a woman is bad and B) only women dislike having their character attacked?

Yeah, way to leave out the word "illegal." That fact is very relevant. The guy had been deported 5 times, yet he was still free to roam around this country. The simple fact is: had he not been in this country (illegally), the murder wouldn't have happened.

You don't see how dumb this sounds? For every murder that ever happens, you can say if the killer hadn't been where he or she was, it wouldn't have happened. Good thinking, Sherlock.

??? Is the suggestion that A) being a woman is bad and B) only women dislike having their character attacked?

You don't see how dumb this sounds? For every murder that ever happens, you can say if the killer hadn't been where he or she was, it wouldn't have happened. Good thinking, Sherlock.

Downplaying just how wrong this situation is?, colour me shocked! :rolleyes:

Downplaying just how wrong this situation is?, colour me shocked! :rolleyes:

You have different issues. I don't agree with the city refusing to notify ICE when the guy got out. But the right's attempt to politicize the murder deserves no respect, IMO.

Funny you get so bent out of shape about that. You do that all the time to others.

No, you're overgeneralizing it.

The flaw in your logic? It's not just another person on the street. It was an illegal. He wasn't even supposed to be in this country. Yet, after being deported 5 times, he was still free to roam about.

Now, had you (accurately) stated: "For every murder that ever happens, you can say if the killer hadn't been where he or she wasn't supposed to have been, it wouldn't have happened." then that would have made sense (and would be applicable to this case). But that wouldn't have fit your narrative.

You have different issues. I don't agree with the city refusing to notify ICE when the guy got out. But the right's attempt to politicize the murder deserves no respect, IMO.

If anything should be politicized, it's this. Dangerous, liberal policies led to an innocent womans death

Funny you get so bent out of shape about that. You do that all the time to others.

Never. If I call someone out on dishonesty, I point out specifically how they are being dishonest, and it's never just "you don't agree with me so I'm going to trash your character."

The fact that you're defending that kind of thing speaks volumes about your character.

Never. If I call someone out on dishonesty, I point out specifically how they are being dishonest, and it's never just "you don't agree with me so I'm going to trash your character."

The fact that you're defending that kind of thing speaks volumes about your character.

Where did I defend it? I just find it funny that you don't like getting a dose of your own medicine.

And I also notice that you didn't address the rest of my post. :redface:

Where did I defend it? I just find it funny that you don't like getting a dose of your own medicine. Doesn't feel so good, does it?

And I also notice that you didn't address the rest of my post. :redface:

I've addressed it already. We're just going around in circles. I think you're a hack and not able to move a discussion forward anyway.

I knew I would find JVS on this Obama thread doing what he does best.

Illegal immigrants are a war tactic pushed onto the American people to weaken their structure......There is nothing they can do right or wrong because the plan is to bring in as many as possible....Its not the 1st time an illegal has murdered or raped when released....

It has officially become a race to see who can exploit someone's death first. The sympathetic death card is a hard one to top because you can't call someone out on it without suffering backlash.

WTF?
Still pissed about the verdict huh?
The court system found him not guilty.He was assaulted and defended himself.
Bitch and moan all you want.

hi thewhole9yards,

i'm not angry about the verdict; i thought the case that the state was brought was weak. even their circumstantial evidence seemed lacking for a second degree murder or manslaughter case.

the lack of an eyewitness (the person i cited as an eyewitness only heard the confrontation take place on the phone, and she was discredited by Mr. Zimmerman's defense team) really hurt the prosecution.

still, Mr. Zimmerman was found "not guilty". legally, that means that the prosecution couldn't establish Mr. Zimmerman's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

thats all it means.

it doesn't mean that the jury found Mr. Martin guilty of instigating or initiating an assault on Mr. Zimmerman - those are your conclusions (which is fine, but you're adding a subtext to the jury's findings that aren't there).

- IGIT

It almost sounds like you are making excuses....The President is no color...he is the President...illegal immigrants are a HUGE part of Obama's presidency that many oppose.One of the illegals that he praises so much killed someone.ILLEGAL.

Silence.
He chose to talk about a thug that attacked someone and was put down.

Excuses are just that....Obama's priorities are not where they should be....

hi again thewhole9yards,

i'm not making excuses, and i'm unclear how you interpreted my response in such a strange way.

i didn't say "the president is no color". he's black.

i did say that "he is the president", because he is, lol.

and illegal immigration is not a huge part of Mr. Obama's presidency, at least not in terms of how the public views his time in office. the war on terrorism, the economy, and jobs have been the focus of the general populous. you say he should be focused on issues of immigration, and i think he has been - he's committed more resources and manpower to border security than our former POTUS did, at any rate.

in terms of the POTUS praising illegal immigrants, could you link me a quote? its not that i don't believe you, but i don't recall Mr. Obama saying glowing things about illegal immigrants.

i also don't know why you're calling Mr. Zimmerman a thug. he's just a guy who was a wannabe policeman who got in over his head and ended up killing someone. he showed very poor judgement, but i don't think he's a thug.

- IGIT

Back