Juan Manuel Lopez retires

Its hard to believe he only had 5 losses for a guy who was so shot.

I always thought he was a decent champion pre Salido. I thought he got too much flack for the Mtagwa fight.

Lopez had a few pretty decent wins. Penalosa, Ponce and Rafael Marquez are good solid wins.

Its hard to believe he only had 5 losses for a guy who was so shot.

I always thought he was a decent champion pre Salido. I thought he got too much flack for the Mtagwa fight.

Lopez had a few pretty decent wins. Penalosa, Ponce and Rafael Marquez are good solid wins.

I really thought he was special, only man to stop Gerry Pe

I hope for his sake this is legit.

There's no fucking way he should've been cleared for that last fight. Shame on whatever commission allowed that

Was fun to watch. Hopefully he stays retired. No way he should have be cleared to fight ever again

He has a bunch of kids with different women, right?

He'll be back in a year.

When he marched through PDL I thought he was unstoppable.... like that train.
Get it?

This is the best for him.

It's a shame we never got the Gamboa fight. Salido took his soul.

Good news. The worst case of shot since RJJ, please retire Roy.

Didn't expect this

He's just waiting for the right opponent to come back against. Fake retire, wait for the massive offers to pile up, then have his pick of the titles. We've seen this before from Floyd.

His technique and power was unreal and i genuinely thought he was gonna jump up the p4p rankings quick, but after salido destroyed him, his air of invincibility disappeared as quickly as it arose. Was his confidence shot? Was it bad management after hard stoppages? I dunno, but I think its sad that he's retired as a mid tier fighter.

Juanma faces Jayson Velez at the end of this year in PR

Arum fucked that up bad
This is a pretty old thread but I wonder what was your opinion on the matchup? I always thought it was a pretty good fight for Lopez. I think Lopez would have stopped Gamboa.

His technique and power was unreal and i genuinely thought he was gonna jump up the p4p rankings quick, but after salido destroyed him, his air of invincibility disappeared as quickly as it arose. Was his confidence shot? Was it bad management after hard stoppages? I dunno, but I think its sad that he's retired as a mid tier fighter.
Yes to all your questions, including a bad trainer, he could have gone down as an all time great but at the end of the day Juanma is to blame, it was Salido who took his soul but it was an accumulation of damage he took prior to Salido from Mtwaga, Marquez and Concepcion.

It's hard to say if he would have beaten Gamboa while he was on the juice, without the juice, Juanma would have taken his head off.

Back