JRE MMA Show #11 with John Danaher *live now!

I have zero evidence, but I feel like there's some kind of dark secret in Danaher's personal life nobody knows about, probably a sexual thing, that would do big damage his reputation if people did. I don't think it's a Lloyd Irvin issue, but something strange about the way Danaher talks about how nobody has ever seen his apartment, he has no real friends, no wife or girlfriend, his obsession with knives, his guarded refusal to give even harmless info about his personal life, and of course the controlling tone he gives off in his speech. Listen to that Matt Serra interview from a few months back.
I thought same thing . He’s either in the aspergers spectrum or something darker. Caught that vibe too. Very strange nobody has ever seen his pad . And it’s fuckin weird to wear a rash guard everywhere , I’m sorry lol .

I thought same thing . He’s either in the aspergers spectrum or something darker. Caught that vibe too. Very strange nobody has ever seen his pad . And it’s fuckin weird to wear a rash guard everywhere , I’m sorry lol .

I take it you have not heard the recent rumours coming out of Renzo’s?

I'm in a big minority but Danaher always comes across as a very arrogant douchebag to me

seriously... danahers comments is just a piss take and its because clearly 10thplanet and dds guys are often competing against each other... if danaher was a patriots fan and rogan liked the packers... im sure that woulda come up too.
bunch of fucken whinny bitches here.

This talk about Danaher is all well and good, but does anyone want to discuss what he actually said about leglocks and his philosophy towards them?

This talk about Danaher is all well and good, but does anyone want to discuss what he actually said about leglocks and his philosophy towards them?

They don't work and you give up position and are cheap.

They don't work and you give up position and are cheap.

I see. I'm unclear about one thing though. If you see someone attempt a leglock, should you or should you not throw shoes at them?

I've skimmed through this thread here and there so I'm somewhat aware what's bound to happen but when John said "you must be a 10th planet jiujitsu blackbelt", I couldn't help but:

b33ec9f1e81dba64e9b963279840c480.gif

I've skimmed through this thread here and there so I'm somewhat aware what's bound to happen but when John said "you must be a 10th planet jiujitsu blackbelt", I couldn't help but:

b33ec9f1e81dba64e9b963279840c480.gif

He should have told Danaher, “I’m also a Jean Jacque black belt, bitch”.

This thread is another example of how most people on this board are really here for the drama more than they technical aspects Grappling. Danaher gave some really good insights on a very popular realm of grappling but the majority of the interest is about perceived insults and the attire Danaher chooses to wear.

This thread is another example of how most people on this board are really here for the drama more than they technical aspects Grappling. Danaher gave some really good insights on a very popular realm of grappling but the majority of the interest is about perceived insults and the attire Danaher chooses to wear.

Danaher gave some really good insights on a very popular realm of grappling but the majority of the interest is about perceived insults and the attire Danaher chooses to wear.

Most stuff Danaher talks about are super obvious dressed up to seem smart in order to impress the dumb masses. BTW. I have a artofjiujitsu subscription where I can listen to Rafa talk about jiu jitsu. Rafa >>> entire DDS

To be fair, Joe was not giving him the correct answer at all, and he didn't understand anything about the Gordon/Cyborg match. I'm pretty sure Joe don't study much jiu-jitsu and more a "just roll" guy... Of course Danaher is the complete opposite.

Danaher was brillant in this podcast.

Compared to Danaher, Joe is a "just roll" guy but I'm sure he studies it more that people are giving him credit for. For a start, it's part of his job as a commentator to be able to provide insight.

You are right in that his understanding on the Gordon/Cyborg match was minimal. Way I see it, his job is to get a general message out as quick as possible. It's different to say, the breakdowns Dan Hardy provides.

This is probably true. Renzo is big on the Japanese stuff. Look at his book mastering Jiu-Jitsu. Though I suspect Danahers personality has alot to do with it. Not many BJJ guys address their teacher as Sensei. I've never heard him address Renzo any other way.

What's the difference between sensei and professor?

I'm in a big minority but Danaher always comes across as a very arrogant douchebag to me

You wouldn't be the only one. I don't know about minority, but I'd say he's polarising. 50/50 split.

Most stuff Danaher talks about are super obvious dressed up to seem smart in order to impress the dumb masses. BTW. I have a artofjiujitsu subscription where I can listen to Rafa talk about jiu jitsu. Rafa >>> entire DDS

It's a different form. I don't think it's all super obvious. A lot of the time though, analysis thereafter is super easy as opposed to doing it in the moment.

Learn from everyone, train with everyone. Yes, some will be more useful than others and if you have time limitations, lean towards one side but don't automatically dismiss. Take the information and form your own opinion.

Back