JRE #947: Rogan, I'm not impressed with your condescendence

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Joe Rogan Experience #947 - Ron Miscavige

He had on Ron Miscavige, the father of David Miscavige, the chief of the Church of Scientology. Ron had wrote a book exposing all the lies and facade of Scientology, labeling it as what everyone outside of that organization thinks it is, a cult. Ron went on to detail how he had a normal relationship with his son until David rose up through the ranks of the Church, helping them not to have to pay taxes, and at that point how having power corrupted David.

To be fair, he let Ron say everything he wanted to say, and to sell the book he wrote for most of the podcast. But for some reason, Rogan thought that in the last 25 minutes, he should sway the podcast so that he could be in a point in that conversation where he can pass judgement. He surmised and brought up how he felt Ron, being the guy that introduced David to Scientology, was at fault for the whole debacle the Church finds itself in. That issue had to be discussed, but Rogan could've been way better about it than he actually was.

What is worse he turned the podcast into being awkwardly comical towards the end, talking about how good-looking Tom Cruise is, and how he must have been paraded around in a man-operated carriage. He willfully tried to discredit his own guest and what Ron had to say for most of the podcast because he must've thought that Ron was an overbearing dad to his son (but that really was besides the point in the context of having a podcast).

Towards the end, Rogan was going full-retard Napoleonic complex manlet insecure cunty bitch: talking over his own guest, who by the way is 80 years old. Being completely condescending, almost to the point that he could've pinched the guy's cheeks and made baby faces.

Read the comments to know how people, even fans of the show, think of how douchey Rogan can be in his own podcast-- to a guy who took time off his day to be on Rogan's show.

"What. The. Fuck. ROGAN. I love u but u were a piece of shit in this one. wasted opportunity for a really good interview"

"Joe What the hell man? Never seen you be so arrogant and callous....what a fucking douche on this interview. True colors?"

"big fan of joe, but man you were a dick to this old man. disrespectful."

Last edited:
He was a major cunt in this episode, no doubt about it.

It was hard to watch at the end.

Rogan is fair game​

I didnt see it that way they were just talking and you guys are being really sensitive .

Your kid doesnt talk to you at all you musta done something seems a fair point to try to make / question to ask

Maybe next time hell just nod and say ok to everything

Social Retard Rogan strikes again. The guy just does not understand how social interactions work. Haven't watched what you're referring to OP but I don't even need to. There's countless other examples.

I'm not sure if you know this. But Joe Rogan is a comedian. He isn't exactly on the hook for having journalistic integrity. He is going to try to be funny most of the time.

That said, I was listening to the one with Lawrence Krauss. Any time they talked about archaic religious beliefs, or witch burnings, it was hilarious how Joe was bringing up all this "evidence" he read about that implied all of those things were the result of people taking hallucinogens or some other drug related explanation. I'm pretty sure he thinks drugs are responsible for everything. I used to know a guy like him. And he was a pot head too. It's weird how they all think the same shit.

who fucking cares. were all pieces of shit at times, you're acting holier-than-thou by making this post. im sure you've been an asshole to someone once or twice in your lifetime, like we all have

He probably didn't work out or get to smoke the hour before. Sometimes Hogan is a DB, I know he hates Scientology.

I didnt see it that way they were just talking and you guys are being really sensitive .

Your kid doesnt talk to you at all you musta done something seems a fair point to try to make / question to ask

Social Retard Rogan strikes again. The guy just does not understand how social interactions work. Haven't watched what you're referring to OP but I don't even need to. There's countless other examples.

who fucking cares. were all pieces of shit at times, you're acting holier-than-thou by making this post. im sure you've been an asshole to someone once or twice in your lifetime, like we all have

Just on the next podcast he did, which must've been on that very day, he had Eddie Bravo on. This was when Eddie Bravo talked about how Flat Earth could be true. Flat Earth is about 100000x more retarded about anything Ron Miscavige could've said, but for some reason, Joe was very patient with Eddie. He was never condescending and in a very rational manner tried to explain why Eddie could be off the mark.

Joe is capable of that, but did NOT practice that manner of communicating with Ron. He willfully and consciously became a dick to his own guest.

i liked me some rogan during the newsradio, early ufc, fear factor days. at some point, during the alpha brain / super weed sector, he just went too far out there and at 3 hour podcasts, i'd rather listen to something else like a true crime podcast.

So it wasn't as bad as people ar emaking it out to be? could you time stamp it, I have to watch it now to make my own judgement.

Just on the next podcast he did, which must've been on that very day, he had Eddie Bravo on. This was when Eddie Bravo talked about how Flat Earth could be true. Flat Earth is about 100000x more retarded about anything Ron Miscavige could've said, but for some reason, Joe was very patient with Eddie. He was never condescending and in a very rational manner tried to explain why Eddie could be off the mark.

Joe and Eddie are a lost closer. And Joe went hard at eddie and that sure sounded heated.

So it wasn't as bad as people ar emaking it out to be? could you time stamp it, I have to watch it now to make my own judgement.

I dont think it was but watching it again is now on my todo list to check my own perception. I dont know the exact moment TS is starting about but I watched it the other night and I didnt think joe was being a dick at all in the episode

I wouldnt put too much faith in the comment section they hated the coyote guy and that episode was awesome.

It was still about 10x better than how he could've treated Ron.

He didnt treat him bad . Are you a Scientologist or something or some kind of safe space snowflake . They had a talk. At no point did Ron storm off or raise his voice or it sound like a fight or anything

Its also a fair point to make

He didnt treat him bad . Are you a Scientologist or something or some kind of safe space snowflake . They had a talk. At no point did Ron storm off or raise his voice or it sound like a fight or anything

Its also a fair point to make

No, I m not a Scientlogist. Rogan did a great disservice to Ron and to himself in the last 25 minutes of that podcast. You can't justify that shit just because you're a fan of Rogan and you like to smoke the same type of weed he does.

It's ironic, Ron was talking about how power corrupted David. In a way power corrupted Joe as well, his success doing the podcast somehow gave him the right in his own mind to do that condescending shit.

No, I m not a Scientlogist. Rogan did a great disservice to Ron and to himself in the last 25 minutes of that podcast. You can't justify that shit just because you're a fan of Rogan and you like to smoke the same type of weed he does.

It's ironic, Ron was talking about how power corrupted David. In a way power corrupted Joe as well, his success doing the podcast somehow gave him the right in his own mind to do that condescending shit.

Well like i said thats not a fact thats an opinion. I thought ROgan was fair to that guy and treated him just fine.

Were going to have to agree to disagree I guess

Are you surprised that a roided out tattooed pot-smoking manlet is a douchebag?

Back