Journeymen that put it together

Steve Robinson,if anybody remembers him.

To some extend Iran Barkley was a successful journeyman. Early losses, flew to Italy, Germany, Australia, Missouri, Finland or Denmark to fight local champs, beat a 4-1 favorite when he KOed Hearns, ended up with a 43-19-1 record.

Flash Elorde 100% fits the bill. Dude was losing to legitimate nobodies in Asia, then upsets Sadler, rematches sadler and loses from cuts while ahead on the scorecards, then continues to be mediocre against regional level opposition, then eventually wins the SFW title and defends it dominantly for 7 years (including a succesful foray at LW against Laguna).

Grady Brewer winning The Contender 2.

Jesse Ferguson, a journeyman's journeyman, would occasionally put it together well, like when he beat a surging Ray Mercer and a few others. He was 39 when he knocked out Samson Po'uha

Rendall Munro’s getting no love in here?

How the fuck has no one said Mickey Ward?

true, crazy to think he lost to Sven Ottke

Sven Ottke was almost unbeatable in Germany. I remember robin Reid having a blatant knock down ruled as a slip and he appeared to be deducted a point for hitting his opponent??? Some of the most disgraceful officiating I’ve ever witnessed

I suppose badou jack may fit in to this category. I thought he was bang average, but he proves me wrong almost every fight

Sven Ottke was almost unbeatable in Germany. I remember robin Reid having a blatant knock down ruled as a slip and he appeared to be deducted a point for hitting his opponent??? Some of the most disgraceful officiating I’ve ever witnessed

I suppose badou jack may fit in to this category. I thought he was bang average, but he proves me wrong almost every fight
I have to admit I thought Jack was done after that dude cleaned his clock awhile back. Then he just comes back and winning or getting robbed. That's how you're supposed to handle a tough loss in boxing, he just put it behind him and came back better than ever. Buncha respect to Badou for that.

I have to admit I thought Jack was done after that dude cleaned his clock awhile back. Then he just comes back and winning or getting robbed. That's how you're supposed to handle a tough loss in boxing, he just put it behind him and came back better than ever. Buncha respect to Badou for that.

I thought he’s lose to both degale and groves. Imo he won both! Knew he’d beat cleverly but not in the manor that he did. I won’t back against him anymore and I’m a fan. I want to see him I’m with the top guys in the division, I think he’ll continue to surprise

Back