Joshua willing to fast track Usyk for April fight

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Now that's just something. He really doesn't want Wilder in the same ring as him. Anyone else notice it was a bit diva-ish when he insisted that Wilder not be allowed in the post-fight conversations after the Parker bout?

If he can dodge, duck, dip, dive, or dodge the Wilder fight I'm really starting to think that's what he'll do. Best case scenario, I expect Joshua to line his pockets with a couple more, thrn fight Wilder because he "has" to, and then retire after he loses.

I actually think it's a 50/50 fight, but if he indeed does not want to fight Wilder, and actually has to, that mental defeat means an real one.

"Fascinating by brilliance"? Come on. Go watch someone do magic tricks with cards.

He so scared of fighting wilder that he has sent him a contact and signed it himself lol! The venue is also booked if Wilder wants it. Wilder instead is now trying to fight a guy that has fought once in 3 years due to a mental illness,coupled with weight/coke/drink issues. Seems to me he is still taking the path of least resistance
Your a very good poster on here, but I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion based on the facts. It seems far more likely (looking at the timeline) that Wilder has switched his attention to Fury as soon as he come back, considering he initially accepted terms, then demanded 50/50 a few days later. Yeah Joshua clearly scarred?

He so scared of fighting wilder that he has sent him a contact and signed it himself lol! The venue is also booked if Wilder wants it. Wilder instead is now trying to fight a guy that has fought once in 3 years due to a mental illness,coupled with weight/coke/drink issues. Seems to me he is still taking the path of least resistance
Your a very good poster on here, but I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion based on the facts. It seems far more likely (looking at the timeline) that Wilder has switched his attention to Fury as soon as he come back, considering he initially accepted terms, then demanded 50/50 a few days later. Yeah Joshua clearly scarred?

There's been a lot of this and that already. And sometimes a contract his team drafted and he signed creates unrealistic parameters. We have heard this so many times from fighters that were stalling. Is normal.

And while fear may be a strong word, he certainly seems willing to step around Wilder for the time being.

Well, Fury has the lineal title, which is big, at least in legacy and linage talks.
Also, big pay day for Wilder and it will boost his name up when in talks with Joshua.
Joshua would jump at the opportunity to fight Fury.
Everyone would

There's been a lot of this and that already. And sometimes a contract his team drafted and he signed creates unrealistic parameters. We have heard this so many times from fighters that were stalling. Is normal.

And while fear may be a strong word, he certainly seems willing to step around Wilder for the time being.

Based on what? He’s been ordered to fight povetkin, a fight that many might see as equally difficult. He certainly has a better resume than wilder! It was no secret that Joshua had to make wilder or fight povetkin. That was common knowledge at the start of May, right after Joshua’s fight with parker. The stalling by wilder forced the WBAs hand. Wilder knows this, as do most of the fans.

I don’t want to go over old ground but how are the parameters unrealistic when he would earn 7 times more than any single purse he’d earned previously. He’s shown little interest in unifying the belts before Joshua picked them up, and he’s disgusted that he’s being offered a payday 13m more than he earned in his last fight? It’s laughable

Based on what? He’s been ordered to fight povetkin, a fight that many might see as equally difficult. He certainly has a better resume than wilder! It was no secret that Joshua had to make wilder or fight povetkin. That was common knowledge at the start of May, right after Joshua’s fight with parker. The stalling by wilder forced the WBAs hand. Wilder knows this, as do most of the fans.

I don’t want to go over old ground but how are the parameters unrealistic when he would earn 7 times more than any single purse he’d earned previously. He’s shown little interest in unifying the belts before Joshua picked them up, and he’s disgusted that he’s being offered a payday 13m more than he earned in his last fight? It’s laughable
There's a strategy involved.
He can fight Fury, make around $8m-$9m. Beat the hell out of Fury and take the lineal title.
Now Hearn will have to give him more money if he beats Fury and takes the lineal. How could he not?

No thanks. If Usyk goes up I want him to do it properly.

Plus, Wilder/Fury winner should be the April fight.

We have to rule Wilder out. As of now, he wants 50-50 and if he beats Fury, he will want it even more. Unless he publicly changes his position, a fight with him can't be taken seriously.

There's a strategy involved.
He can fight Fury, make around $8m-$9m. Beat the hell out of Fury and take the lineal title.
Now Hearn will have to give him more money if he beats Fury and takes the lineal. How could he not?

He doesn’t have to give him anymore money. No one considers fury to be a champion so what difference does it really make? The concern will be that wilder thinks that the lineal gives him parity and negotiations will be even tougher. Will hearn and Joshua see it that way? I doubt it

Wilder could fight Joshua for 15m, take his belts and then he holds all the cards. He will be earning Joshua money in every fight and he will be the man. That makes sense but it appears that he doesn’t want to do that?

He doesn’t have to give him anymore money. No one considers fury to be a champion so what difference does it really make? The concern will be that wilder thinks that the lineal gives him parity and negotiations will be even tougher. Will hearn and Joshua see it that way? I doubt it

Wilder could fight Joshua for 15m, take his belts and then he holds all the cards. He will be earning Joshua money in every fight and he will be the man. That makes sense but it appears that he doesn’t want to do that?
The lineal does mean something and ups the ante.

The lineal does mean something and ups the ante.

It clearly means a lot to you and probably plenty of other boxing fans, but to most the 4 belts are what matter. Do you consider fury to still be a champion?

It clearly means a lot to you and probably plenty of other boxing fans, but to most the 4 belts are what matter. Do you consider fury to still be a champion?
I mean, he sorta is the champ.
He didn't lose.
So I want to see him lose the "lineal" belt so it can go into the active pool of fighters.

We have to rule Wilder out. As of now, he wants 50-50 and if he beats Fury, he will want it even more. Unless he publicly changes his position, a fight with him can't be taken seriously.
Nah. Hes going to fight Fury and then winner gets AJ in April like has been planned all along by everyone involved imo.

Nah. Hes going to fight Fury and then winner gets AJ in April like has been planned all along by everyone involved imo.

Lol drop the conspiracy shit, it's pathetic.

You think Hearn, Finkel and Warren are all co conspiring with each other or something? Give me a break, they despise each other equally. Fury wants some attention, Wilder just rejected the AJ fight so he is free. That's what happened, why does there need to be some motive, this isn't a fight night champion.

Wilder has no reason to reject the fight, Fury is there for the taking. Fury will get a big pay day and a chance to jump straight back to the top. No one has planned shit, Warren jumped on an opportunity that opened because Wilder rejected the offer.

A win over Fury will just make Wilder even harder to negotiate with, but I get that pretending this was all preplanned etc, takes away the blame from Wilder, the blame that should be rightfully attributed to him for not fighting AJ.

You think Hearn, Finkel and Warren are all co conspiring with each other or something? Give me a break, they despise each other equally. Fury wants some attention, Wilder just rejected the AJ fight so he is free. That's what happened, why does there need to be some motive, this isn't a fight night champion.

Wilder has no reason to reject the fight, Fury is there for the taking. Fury will get a big pay day and a chance to jump straight back to the top. No one has planned shit, Warren jumped on an opportunity that opened because Wilder rejected the offer.

A win over Fury will just make Wilder even harder to negotiate with, but I get that pretending this was all preplanned etc, takes away the blame from Wilder, the blame that should be rightfully attributed to him for not fighting AJ.
Or, Ill just continue to have my own opinions. If you dont like them feel free not to respond.

Or, Ill just continue to have my own opinions. If you dont like them feel free not to respond.

Or feel free to question them, which I will continue to do.

You know, with this being a discussion forum and all.

Or feel free to question them, which I will continue to do.

You know, with this being a discussion forum and all.
I guess you dont read your own posts.

He didn't lose.
So I want to see him lose the "lineal" belt so it can go into the active pool of fighters.

It may matter to boxing fans, but if you asked everyone who at the last Joshua fight, and everyone who was at the last Wilder fight, who the lineaer champion was, i would be surprised if 2000 people knew the correct answer(that would be down to 200 if we were just talking Wilder fight goers).

I hope it comes off though, Fury has needed a good fucking ass kicking since he got dropped by that cruiserweight guy, my worry is he may just be elusive enough to win enough rounds against Wilder to not do anything for a lot of the fight(see the Wlad fight)

He didn't lose.

No one thinks of him as a champion anymore!

And after his troubles, and how he looked in his 1 fight in 3 years, does anyone think he is ready for any of the top guys, let alone the champions. Tony bellew is desperate to fight him ffs, that tells you all you need to know. Wilder gets a name in his record but nothing else in reality. It changes nothing in the wilder/Joshua fight. Like I said I actually see this making negotiations even harder

That’s how I see it!

Box their ears off and hope his head isnt removed from his shoulders.

But the problem is if he goes heavy he'll lose some of that mobility and stamina as Ali did when his weight increased.

Yes Usyk is a better boxer than practically every HW out there ....... there's a reason for that, when you carry less weight you can increase your output and mobility.

Tyson Fury is the closest to a full output boxer at HW but he's such a big man naturally he can carry his weight better than most, Usyk isn't, he's smaller so carrying extra weight will bulk him out, David Haye was never as good or as slick at HW than he was as a trimmed down CW.

If you want to see Usyk vs a HW check out his fight against Joe Joyce, Usyk won but you could tell he struggled with the size and reach difference, Usyk was almost brawling for the first few rounds as he tried to force Joe Joyce to stop walking him down.

I think Usyk deserves the money fight Joshua brings but he should do it then run straight back to CW otherwise he'll have the same problems Parker is currently having.

........... finally Hearn trying to arrange this for April is his way of getting revenge on Wilder for the Fury fight, he'll co-promote Usyk so will get a cut of both fighters in an AJ fight, this is Hearn's way of saying to Wilder "If you want to screw with me I'll make every other big fight I can before you get a shot", Povetkin, Usyk, Whyte etc Wilder may of just pushed himself out of the AJ picture, I know damn well Hearn is fuming over Fury and Wilder arranging a super fight outside of his remit.

Back