Joshua vs Wilder is a 50/50 Fight

Boxing math is known as "triangle theory" in boxing circles. Fighter A beat B & B beat C, therefore, Fighter A beats C. That doesn't change the fact that styles make fights in every combat sport and they always will. In MMA the same concept is referred to as "MMA Math" or "MMAth". What X was able to do vs Y doesn't mean he'll be able to do that to Z. You can compare mutual opponents but you have to keep it in the context of where they were all at in their careers at the time and other circumstances that may have played a factor in their respective performances.

Depends how effective Wilders jab is. I think Joshua would bum rush Fury and beat him

I would favor Joshua against Wilder, but I think it will be close. Could go the full 12.

IF Fury was 100% healthy mentally and physically then I think he would beat both.

I agree. I no longer look at Joshua as the favorite. As flawed as Wilder is he has some big advantages in this matchup.
- Despite his awkward controversial style, he has an incredible right hand that could easily land on Joshua and if it lands it's over. Joshua seems to be open for it all night.
-Speed. AJ is slow. Wilder has pretty good speed for a heavyweight
- Mobility and legs. It may not look pretty but he could move circles around a slow plodding AJ.
-I think Wilder has the better gas tank and stamina as well. Also, his mobility and pace could gas out AJ fast.

Both guys seem to know they are vulnerable too. Interesting fight. Wish Furry wasn't in the picture to muck this up.

Its weird. Joshua showed some heart, but it was shocking to see how hard he gassed. He looked really slow and bulky. I mean, he always seems bulky but it didn't seem like good bulk to me. His body looked inflated to me.
Yeah very interesting...............

Fair enough. Sad to say I couldn't watch that fight due to work. Just read the pbp. Should have watched the fight I suppose. The PBP said he literally laughed it off. Seems a mighty hard shot to laugh off. Appreciate the gif. :)

it is on youtube

I agree. I no longer look at Joshua as the favorite. As flawed as Wilder is he has some big advantages in this matchup.
- Despite his awkward controversial style, he has an incredible right hand that could easily land on Joshua and if it lands it's over. Joshua seems to be open for it all night.
-Speed. AJ is slow. Wilder has pretty good speed for a heavyweight
- Mobility and legs. It may not look pretty but he could move circles around a slow plodding AJ.
-I think Wilder has the better gas tank and stamina as well. Also, his mobility and pace could gas out AJ fast.

Both guys seem to know they are vulnerable too. Interesting fight. Wish Furry wasn't in the picture to muck this up.
You're forgetting something....Wilder has only fought cans, its easy to look good when you're not faced with much. Do you honestly think Wilder with his windmill style would have beaten Wlad last night? I don't. I mean the guy is 5 years older than Joshua, had 20 (yes 20) more fights than Joshua and his biggest win is....well he hasnt got one has he has, a mixture of average fighters, like Malik Scott and Chris Arreola, are his best victories.

Its not lke Deontay has a chin either...he's been dropped by Dustin "Worm" Nichols. He also collapsed like a stack of bricks vs Harold "Hard Rock" Sconiers.

You're forgetting something....Wilder has only fought cans, its easy to look good when you're not faced with much. Do you honestly think Wilder with his windmill style would have beaten Wlad last night? I don't. I mean the guy is 5 years older than Joshua, had 20 (yes 20) more fights than Joshua and his biggest win is....well he hasnt got one has he has, a mixture of average fighters, like Malik Scott and Chris Arreola, are his best victories.

Its not lke Deontay has a chin either...he's been dropped by Dustin "Worm" Nichols. He also collapsed like a stack of bricks vs Harold "Hard Rock" Sconiers.
You are looking at Wilders flaws.....to make Wilder favorite you have to look at his strength and focus on Joshuas flaws. Use only these two things and Wilders is favorite

Joshua just took on a guy that even at 41 is about a million levels above any cunt Wilder has faced.

Joshua just took on a guy that even at 41 is about a million levels above any cunt Wilder has faced.

Yeah and won because that guy couldn't finish. If there's won thing Wilder can do it is finish. If he catches Joshua like White or Wlad did, it's over.

Yeah and won because that guy couldn't finish. If there's won thing Wilder can do it is finish. If he catches Joshua like White or Wlad did, it's over.

Why is it over if he catches him ?

I guarantee the bookmakers won't see Wilder as a favourite. Wilder has 38 wins over nobodies and taking longer to do it than AJ. Where Wilder fights shows you how good he is and what a draw he is. Does he fight in Vegas or NY, nope he fights in Birmingham Alabama. The 90k at Wembley weren't there to see Klitschko.

AJ beats Tyson or Hughie Fury too.

Did you read my post?

Yes.

Okay so since Wilder finishes fights once he catches an opponent you should have no problem providing me with a video of some description of him finishing Stiverne.

I'll wait.

To put perspective on how pathetic Wilder is.....the year he made his pro debut is the year Anthony Joshua took up boxing. In that time Joshua rose through the amateur ranks, became pro and and beat Wladimir Klitchko. I mean how slow does he want to go?

Well that's not true. Stiverne is no can. He was better than anyone AJ has fought up until Klitchko. That was his best victory. Not the 2 you mentioned. That's pretty common knowledge.
Yes, I think a lot of people could beat this version of Wlad. He's taller guy with an awkward unconventional style. Hmmmm who did Wlad just lose to and looked terrible against before AJ.. another taller guy with an ugly bad form unconventional style.
It's not far fetched at all.
Like I said in the original post they both fight like they have been down hard before and are scared to get hit. Both have chin issues it seems. Lots of stories of AJ going down hard. We also saw it first hand tonight.

AJ would destroy Wilder. Still think he's a bit of a fraud champion at the minute.

I think Fury beats them all though, if he ever gets his head straight and gets back into shape. He'd drag AJ into a messy, ugly fight and drain his stamina for a comfortable points victory, in my opinion. I do laugh at how everyone wrote off his win against Wlad because Wlad was too old, slow and finished...now the same people are losing their shit over AJ struggling to beat the same man. Casuals, eh?

Well that's not true. Stiverne is no can. He was better than anyone AJ has fought up until Klitchko. That was his best victory. Not the 2 you mentioned. That's pretty common knowledge.
Yes, I think a lot of people could beat this version of Wlad. He's taller guy with an awkward unconventional style. Hmmmm who did Wlad just lose to and looked terrible against before AJ.. another taller guy with an ugly bad form unconventional style.
It's not far fetched at all.
Like I said in the original post they both fight like they have been down hard before and are scared to get hit. Both have chin issues it seems. Lots of stories of AJ going down hard. We also saw it first hand tonight.

Doesn't really compare, to be honest. Fury is smart and crafty, best switch hitter in the division, knew how to throw Wlad off his game and drag him into a fight he didn't want to be in and pretty much coasted to an easy, yet ugly win. Wilder doesn't have that in him.

Back