Joshua vs Wilder is a 50/50 Fight

Joshua's style is going to give counterpunchers a chance to land, that is the chance Wilder has if he doesn't't get buried under an avalanche of punches. All of these guys (Wlad, Tyson, AJ and Wilder) have styles that present different challenges for each other. I bet Wilder gives Fury a tougher match than Wlad. I'd like to see Ortiz get in there with any of those top 4 guys.

It's a bit of an assumption to presume Wilder's straight right is harder than Wlad's tbf. Even if it is, the difference is marginal. Plenty of fighters smaller than AJ have went rounds with Wilder and that's all AJ needs. If he takes the right hands early, can Wilder take the kind of assault that Joshua dished out at the beginning of round 5? I think we'll see bambi on ice, unless he can land that one shot before.
I disagree that the difference is marginal. What is making you say that? Because he dropped Joshua with it? Wlad has good power fosure but I definitely think Wilder hits harder. Wlad shot was hard but very well placed. Wilder hurts guys who are covering up

And i think he could. Joshua likes to fight in spurts and wait to explode. Once again im saying its a 50/50 fight. Not that wilder would win. Its not like Joshua is mike Tyson coming forward 100%. He actually spent large portions of the fight today getting backed up.

Joshua is actually pretty open for shots. Doesnt have great head movement, keeps his left low etc

Fury also barely layed a glove on Wlad, Joshua nearly lifted his head off with an uppercut and put him down 3/4 times before finishing him.

There's more than one way to look at those fights, but they really shouldn't be compared. Fury's style is terrible for Wlad, AJ's much more compatible.

There really is only one way to look at them. While Fury may not have landed that much on Klitschko, Klitschko also didn't land shit on Fury. Klitschko landed way more on Joshua.

AJ's style is similar to Wlad's style. They're both stiff and upright. Fury is a clumsy guy, but he moves so much better than either of them and he would likely embarrass Joshua like he did Klitschko.

Honestly, Wilder moves better than Joshua as well. Wilder is much more unpredictable too.

Either way, Joshua has to beat one of those guys to claim the title as the best HW.

Its weird. Joshua showed some heart, but it was shocking to see how hard he gassed. He looked really slow and bulky. I mean, he always seems bulky but it didn't seem like good bulk to me. His body looked inflated to me.

Fury also barely layed a glove on Wlad, Joshua nearly lifted his head off with an uppercut and put him down 3/4 times before finishing him.

There's more than one way to look at those fights, but they really shouldn't be compared. Fury's style is terrible for Wlad, AJ's much more compatible.
eh, you're ignoring an important part if the equation, how much punishment Joshua took vs how much Fury took vs the same guy. If you guys buy that shit about fighters choosing to fight that way, you're gullible.

I disagree that the difference is marginal. What is making you say that? Because he dropped Joshua with it? Wlad has good power fosure but I definitely think Wilder hits harder. Wlad shot was hard but very well placed. Wilder hurts guys who are covering up

And i think he could. Joshua likes to fight in spurts and wait to explode. Once again im saying its a 50/50 fight. Not that wilder would win. Its not like Joshua is mike Tyson coming forward 100%. He actually spent large portions of the fight today getting backed up.

Joshua is actually pretty open for shots. Doesnt have great head movement, keeps his left low etc

I dunno, maybe the 54 KO's? Wlad is a monstrous puncher with the straight right hand. Have you really just asked if my opinion was based on Joshua getting hurt? It's based on a 20 year career made up of highlight reel KO's, and power is the last thing to go. Stiverne went the distance with Wilder, multiple fighters have taken him past the halfway point. That's the point I'm making. It's not necessarily game over if Wilder lands, he's got show he can deal with what AJ can dish out too.

I can say this.

Wilder knows how to finish better than Klit.

If Wilder drops Joshua like Klit did, the fight is gonna end in TKO

I dunno, maybe the 54 KO's? Wlad is a monstrous puncher with the straight right hand. Have you really just asked if my opinion was based on Joshua getting hurt? It's based on a 20 year career made up of highlight reel KO's, and power is the last thing to go. Stiverne went the distance with Wilder, multiple fighters have taken him past the halfway point. That's the point I'm making. It's not necessarily game over if Wilder lands, he's got show he can deal with what AJ can dish out too.
Most of them were him systematically breaking fighters down. He has some one punch ko's forsure but hes not george foreman. I think wilder hits harder and if he were to hit joshua with a punch similar to what wlad hit joshua with, he would probably finish him tbh. Doesnt mean wlad sucks....

eh, you're ignoring an important part if the equation, how much punishment Joshua took vs how much Fury took vs the same guy. If you guys buy that shit about fighters choosing to fight that way, you're gullible.

How did I ignore it?

Styles make fights, Tyson is a very effective boxer off the back foot. He's a nightmare for Wlad. AJ is much easier to hits and there to dig in and fight. There's no 'choosing how to fight'. Fury just fought a very awkward fight and has an awkward style.

Klitschko doesn't through vicious combinations and back his guy up like AJ though. Fury didn't have to worry about anything coming back in numbers, which makes it a whole different world. Wlad was gun shy and reaching, AJ isn't going to be gun shy.

It's a pointless comparison to make, Fury's win was ridiculed worldwide, and people like you shat on it, now it's suddenly the gold standard. AJ V Fury is a whole different proposition.

And yes, Wlad was much better tonight. Just like how Jacobs was much better against GGG than he was against Sergio Mora. They took Fury lightly and got caught massively off guard. He come back against Joshua KNOWING he needed to win and that he needed to fight differently, so yeah, they were different opponents tonight. This version of Wlad still struggles with Fury because of the style, but he'd do a lot better and I'd have backed him to KO most top heavies.

Most of them were him systematically breaking fighters down. He has some one punch ko's forsure but hes not george foreman. I think wilder hits harder and if he were to hit joshua with a punch similar to what wlad hit joshua with, he would probably finish him tbh. Doesnt mean wlad sucks....

Klits power speaks for it's self. Wilder has great power, but plenty of guys have taken him rounds which you are ignoring.

It's a pointless debate at this point. You say if Wilder lands the same punches it's over, the same applies vice versa. Although we've seen Joshua take on a huge punching heavyweight, takes his best shots and come back to KO him. We haven't seen Wilder do that, so he gets the edge for me.

Wilder couldnt put Stiverne away, took 9 rounds with Molina and Szpilka, 11 rd with Duhaupas and 8 rds with Arrelo and he is 50/50 with Joshua. Too funny

Wilder couldnt put Stiverne away, took 9 rounds with Molina and Szpilka, 11 rd with Duhaupas and 8 rds with Arrelo and he is 50/50 with Joshua. Too funny

Exactly.

People are making out that Wilder's power is on a different level. If it was on a different level, he wouldn't have taken 9 rounds to KO Molina when AJ beat him in 3. Their power is comparable at this stage. WIlder's KO's might look more scary, but that doesn't mean anything.

Wilder can't afford to take Joshua more than a couple of rounds. If smaller guys like Szpilka can take those shots and be winning parts of the fight for a long period of time, I'm guessing AJ won't buckle at the first right hand.

Wilder won a bunch of fights so thats proof that comparing him to Joshua is a joke.
<bball1>

No matter what angle you look at, Joshua showed vulnerability tonight.

Tough fight to pick, but I would take Wilder. I think Wilder will tire Joshua out way more than Klitchko did. He's sloppy, but he has good endurance and would be really trying to take Joshua's head off with each shot at a consistent pace. Wilder by KO

Wilder won a bunch of fights so thats proof that comparing him to Joshua is a joke.
<bball1>

The point is you guys are bigging him up as this monster finisher when he takes ages to finish half decent guys. Joshua is far more proven than Wilder......How one can watch Joshua vs Wlad and come to conclusion Wilder would do better based on the guys he fought makes no sense. Those guys are not in the same planet as Wlad and Joshua would finish each one of the much quicker. Molina being perfect example

Exactly. Fury's defense is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joshua's. Wlad couldn't lay a glove on him. He had no such problems against Joshua.

<bball1>

No one is saying he didn't. We already knew he was vulnerable. If he can get hit and hurt against Whyte then yeah, it's no surprise the same happened tonight.

The post you are responding to was in response to Wilder's power apparently being on a different level than AJ, Klit etc. If that was the case he wouldn't of went rounds with so many fighters. There's more evidence that AJ is the bigger puncher if we go down the route of who has been able to handle who's power. I say their power is pretty much equal from what we can see. Wilder has the bigger one shot power, but AJ punches better in combination and delivers numerous power shots better.

AJ was always going to be vulnerable to the straight right from Wilder, just like Wilder is vulnerable to pretty much everything Joshua throws with intent. Great fight.

Exactly. Fury's defense is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joshua's. Wlad couldn't lay a glove on him. He had no such problems against Joshua.

And Joshua offense >>> Fury's, what's your point?

You're only choosing to look at it from one side. Joshua would have to deal with Fury's defense, Fury would have to deal with Joshua's offense.

What more is there to take from these fights really? It's shitty boxing math at work.

And Joshua offense >>> Fury's, what's your point?

You're only choosing to look at it from one side. Joshua would have to deal with Fury's defense, Fury would have to deal with Joshua's offense.

What more is there to take from these fights really? It's shitty boxing math at work.

How do you know his offense is better? Sure he hits a lot harder. But Fury has the quicker hands and the better jab.

How do you know his offense is better? Sure he hits a lot harder. But Fury has the quicker hands and the better jab.

Because Fury could barely register a power shot on Wlad, AJ dropped him 3/4 times and nearly lifted his head off his shoulder with an uppercut. You're argument is a complete contradiction. From that fight we can tell that Fury's defense is way better because he got hit less, but we can't say Joshua's offense is better when he lands 100x more power shots?

You can't have it both ways I'm afraid. There's loads of evidence that shows Fury has the better defense, Joshua has the better offense. You apparently only consider one side of it.

I like Fury's chances VS AJ too,.

Back