Joshua vs Klitschko did 659k viewers on Showtime

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty good numbers, about as expected

I wonder what the views were across the pond. Anyone got sources on that?

which other klitschko fights did 40m in germany?
NM I was talking about Klitschko vs Haye, which was 40% of German households, not people.

The gate for this fight was a little above $9 million. If they charge each ticket $10 more, it wouldve been a $10 million gate.

I wonder what the views were across the pond. Anyone got sources on that?

Germany had almost 9.59 million on German TV no PPV just free TV with commercials everyone gets the channel.
That is ok for a Klitschko fight. Nothing special he did 15 million against Haye and 8.9 against Fury.
He used to do between 10 - 13 million during his best years but they took a hit after he finished all those fights in the couple rounds.

Speaking to Radio 5 Live after the fight, Hearn said: “We broke British Box Office records on pay-per-view last night.

“We can't tell you the number last night because it's too early but the record was 1.5 million for Manny Pacquiao against Floyd Mayweather. Last night beat that for sure.”

Lastly, the German TV ratings are out from private free-to-air network RTL. In an official press release (German only) sent out on Monday, 10.43 million viewers tuned in to see the bout, with the average for the overall broadcast coming in at 9.59 million. That’s higher than the 8.91 million(40.1% market share) for the Tyson Fury fight. The 42.3% market share for the 14-59 age demographic is his best since beating Poland’s Mariusz Wach by unanimous decision in 2012, with over 11 million watching the contest. His best-rated fight was his 2011 win over David Haye, which peaked at over 16 million. As it stands, Wladimir has three fights left on his multi-million dollar agreement with his longtime television partner.

Germany had almost 9.59 million on German TV no PPV just free TV with commercials everyone gets the channel.
That is ok for a Klitschko fight. Nothing special he did 15 million against Haye and 8.9 against Fury.
He used to do between 10 - 13 million during his best years but they took a hit after he finished all those fights in the couple rounds.

Nothing special?
How many fans did Klitschko-Haye did globally? Not as much as Joshua-Klitschko.

I heard 1.6 million PPVs in the UK, I'll see if I can get the source for it.
Yeah, this is correct. Taking population into account that'd be the same % wise as 7.84 million in the States

I heard GGG did 500K vs Brook and Eubank Jr vs Quinlan did 60K on Sky too

boxing is bringing in the bills in the UK

Great numbers all around ! Minimal EEUU Promotion

Great job by Eddie Hearn

Updated HBO drew 738,000 subscribers

Last edited:
Back