Joshua v Povetkin - Fight discussion and predictions

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So this fight is coming up in a few days, and while Povetkin may be one of the elder statesmen of the division, i think he brings an awful lot to the table and Joshua is already(for me at least) talking about being weary and he doesn't seem as confident as he normally is.

I think if Joshua comes out weary and fighting like he did against Parker, he may find himself in trouble as Povetkin needs to be put on the backfoot and shown that there is a threat in the ring with him.

Interesting fight and will tell us a little bit more about Joshua, as he is showing signs of nervousness this time out.

I expect a lengthy feeling out process for several rounds. Povetkin gets aggressive and AJ puts him down when the firefight happens.

Ko mid rounds.

I do not want to see a cool and clinical points win.

That being said povetkin is no slouch.

I could see this fight going both ways.

Povetkin has that pressure fighting style but his defense is poor and he doesn't bob and weave that much and gets caught often. Joshua hits like a monster and I don't know if Povetkin at 39 can withstand his power.

But, let's say AJ isn't able to put him away and KO him and I don't see another way Povetkin could lose this. AJ might be the puncher Wlad was but he isn't the boxer Wlad was. He doesn't control range as good as Wlad did. And Povetkin only loses fights where he can't land a glove. If you stay in the middle of the ring and start to trade hooks with him like AJ did with Takam we could very well see un upset.

I think Joshua will be throwing lots of jabs trying to pin down Povetkin who'll be using his head movement. If Joshua finds success at tagging Povetkin, which I think he will, he'll start trying to land the power punches on him. Povetkin will be trying to land big shots on Joshua but will fall short due to being out of range as Joshua will be looking to employ careful distancing to keep himself safe. After that, I think it's just a matter of time before he lands a big one on Povetkin and then he'll go in for the kill and stop him. The uppercut will be a big winner for Joshua in this fight. Stoppage Rnd 6 for Joshua.

Last edited:
Pedlesskin will get stopped.

So this fight is coming up in a few days, and while Povetkin may be one of the elder statesmen of the division, i think he brings an awful lot to the table and Joshua is already(for me at least) talking about being weary and he doesn't seem as confident as he normally is.

I think if Joshua comes out weary and fighting like he did against Parker, he may find himself in trouble as Povetkin needs to be put on the backfoot and shown that there is a threat in the ring with him.

Interesting fight and will tell us a little bit more about Joshua, as he is showing signs of nervousness this time out.

I think he’s feeling the pressure mate. He’s got so much to lose now.
I think povetkin looked poor and slow against price. I don’t see this going to the championship rounds

I think he’s feeling the pressure mate. He’s got so much to lose now.
I think povetkin looked poor and slow against price. I don’t see this going to the championship rounds

Joshua wins, and Wilder will be banned from entering the ring.
"BOMB SQUAD!!!" all through the crowd following the fight from Wilder's camp possibly while AJ is interviewing.

More talks on that is the fight that makes sense, and people want to see. More talks on the contract hasn't been negotiated for x,y,z reasons.

Joshua wins on the 22nd.

Don’t really see anyway old man Povetkin wins unless AJ finds himself getting chin checked if he comes in too eager to finish the fight early and impressively.

If juiced Povetkin shows up, this can go either way...otherwise he isn't putting on a boxing clinic at 40.

Hopefully Pov can put up SOME kind of fight, and keep the talk in the HW div going, but I think AJ runs through him unceremoniously, boom boom, get in get out style.

We got some fun fights coming up, hope to get talking about something else other than 50 threads decouncing boxing for GGG being "robbed" and fake fans diminishing one of the best fights weve ever been gifted for $85 as fans because their favorite guy to hate just won again.

If juiced Povetkin shows up, this can go either way...otherwise he isn't putting on a boxing clinic at 40.
Povetkin can show up juiced to the gils and hes still getting put to sleep.

Im slightly taken back that Povetkin is being given a decent chance. Hes going to get mauled.

Back