Joshua Pacio submits Pongsiri Mitsatit with a Passion Lock (ONE: ROK)

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Kimura from back mount. I've always felt this was possible but never pulled it off.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/joshu...k-armbar-submission-one-championship-78-video

Pacio (15-2) submitted Pongsiri Mitsatit (9-1) in the first round of their “ONE Championship 78: Reign of Kings” 115-pound bout with what the announcer officially called an armlock. Broadcasting pair Mitch Chilson and Michael Schiavello, however, dubbed it a “rear-naked chicken wing.” Pacio called it a “passion lock.”

Nice, how did he pull the arm all the way there?

Classic older brother submission there.

Hammerlock. I think specifically a bar hammerlock but I'm not sure.

Refs are always calling 'potentially dangerous' on arm bars in folkstyle, that some kids get discouraged from using them; well what it means is it's really easy to mess someone up with them if you don't have any rule to stop you.

Last edited:
Not really that impressive.....It's a great submission but this speaks in itself for the level of skill. I feel that ONE FC is the one promotion that frequently features these "rare" submissions that guys get caught in and they try to play off these highlight reels to impress fight fans. However, the only reason these flashy submissions are even taking place and happening is because usually there is a huge disparity in ground skill. Grappler vs Striker matchups skill commonly happen in these smaller promotions or somebody with a huge experience and skill gap fighting someone far below their level

Back on my day, we called that a hammerlock.

Back