Joshua/Klitschko - Showtime live, HBO Primetime replay

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Smart move by Hearn to get more money and more exposure.

Sad thing is HBO replay at primetime will probably double Showtime's live ratings

Smart move by Hearn to get more money and more exposure.

Sad thing is HBO replay at primetime will probably double Showtime's live ratings

Naw, it ain't sad. HBO has more subscribers so that's how it might well play out. Nothing "sad" about it. Orphans aren't dying over this; both sides get something according to the terms of the contract. More people get to watch the fight. Good times.

I'm just hoping it is a good fight.

i know klitschko can make drying paint seem exciting, but joshua is pretty great to watch. i think our odds are quite good.
Lets hope that Joshua is just too big and strong for Wlad to work his clinch and lean game effectively. The ref is a vital component too.

This is officially announced today.

The reason why this took so long to announce?

HBO knew they were going to lose the bid but intentionally delayed it as long as possible so that Showtime has less time to promote this fight live.

Pathetic if you ask me

Lets hope that Joshua is just too big and strong for Wlad to work his clinch and lean game effectively. The ref is a vital component too.
They better get a big strong experienced ref

Naw, it ain't sad. HBO has more subscribers so that's how it might well play out. Nothing "sad" about it. Orphans aren't dying over this; both sides get something according to the terms of the contract. More people get to watch the fight. Good times.

I'm just hoping it is a good fight.

HBO doesn't deserve shit though. They only have more viewership because they're riding the coattails of Game of Thrones, more subscribers. Showtime consistently puts on better events while HBO positions undercard type fights as main events (e.g. Lemieux v Stevens). But I agree its always good to have broader viewership of boxing.

HBO's longstanding depth of subscribers is not attributable to just one show about dysfunctional families in a medieval fantasy land. Also, if we can put our subjectivity to the side, both programs offer good boxing, both programs have had their moments when there were less than stellar main cards (Berto vs Mayweather). It's a pick'em.

Big john mccarthy would be a safe bet, he's used to dealing with grapplers who stall too much.
I can just see him jumping in and breaking someone's nose

HBO's longstanding depth of subscribers is not attributable to just one show about dysfunctional families in a medieval fantasy land. Also, if we can put our subjectivity to the side, both programs offer good boxing, both programs have had their moments when there were less than stellar main cards (Berto vs Mayweather). It's a pick'em.

But it is attributable to Sopranos, The Wire, Big Love, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc. The point is that HBO has superior programming to Showtime and HBO boxing benefits from that halo effect. In terms of pure boxing, over the recent past I think Showtime consistently delivers better product. HBO keeps cutting their boxing budget year after year. Ward-Kovalev would've been on HBO 10 years ago, not pay per view.

Last edited:
I have never seen this happen in my life. Live on one network, replay on another?

This is just bizarre.

But it is attributable to Sopranos, The Wire, Big Love, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc. The point is that HBO has superior programming to Showtime and HBO boxing benefits from that halo effect. In terms of pure boxing, over the recent past I think Showtime consistently delivers better product. HBO keeps cutting their boxing budget year after year. Ward-Kovalev would've been on HBO 10 years ago, not pay per view.
And the rematch would most likely get more buys if the first fight was free on HBO.

Back