Joshua Klitschko RBR

Yes of course, you're just choosing to ignore the evidence if you don't think Wlad was more motivated for this fight, it's beyond question, all of his actions before and after the fight prove this. You're picking the side that best suits your argument, I'm seeing both side of it.

Why wouldn't he be more motivated and focused for this fight, can you please give me just one argument or reason as to why this fight wouldn't bring out the best in him?

Look at the bigger picture, Wlad got HUMILIATED against a fat gypsy that he was meant to KO rather easily. In his very next fight he's fighting to win the belt back against the most dangerous opponent he's fought in years, he's the old man with something to prove. He didn't take any risks in the Fury fight, he could have committed more, he choose not to, he wasn't prepared to do that. He went into this fight knowing he had to take risks, he knew he would have to be brave and overcome adversity. How can you not look at that situation and accept that we probably saw a super motivated version of Wlad? We even see that with our own eyes in the ring and it's still not enough.

Just for sake of impartiality. My view is a bit of both, I see both sides of it here. You only see one side. You are correct about Fury being a nightmare stylistically, but denying altogether the idea that Wlad could have come in better for this fight is just silly and you've got nothing to substantiate it.
Yeah I dunno, I think the Fury fight got a lot of attention in Europe right? Probably not as much as the Joshua fight but I just find it hard to believe that Wlad wasn't motivated in the Fury fight. Your saying he could have commited more but I am not sure it's that simple. Fury fought in a way where Wlad really couldn't commit more. Its not just as simple as oh wlad could have turned it on whenever he wanted but he wasnt motivated to. He didn't take risks because he didn't know how to deal with Fury's style imo. Not that he didnt choose to or that he wasn't motivated or whatever. Hell i am not sure theres been anyone in Wlads career whos fought him like Fury did. I think thats a silly argument tbh.

He probably was very motivated against Joshua. I am not sure if it made if a better fighter or anything. I think he was probably very motivated to beat Fury as well. I think Wlad's performance was more due to the fact that Joshua came to trade. Fury didn't.

you can say i only see one side i suppose but it's more just my opinion on things. I think your putting a bit to much stock into the argument that this great version of Wlad showed up against Joshua as opposed to Fury. It's more about styles.

But yeah i dunno. Guess we will have to agree to disagree

Yeah I dunno, I think the Fury fight got a lot of attention in Europe right? Probably not as much as the Joshua fight but I just find it hard to believe that Wlad wasn't motivated in the Fury fight. Your saying he could have commited more but I am not sure it's that simple. Fury fought in a way where Wlad really couldn't commit more. Its not just as simple as oh wlad could have turned it on whenever he wanted but he wasnt motivated to. He didn't take risks because he didn't know how to deal with Fury's style imo. Not that he didnt choose to or that he wasn't motivated or whatever. Hell i am not sure theres been anyone in Wlads career whos fought him like Fury did. I think thats a silly argument tbh.

He probably was very motivated against Joshua. I am not sure if it made if a better fighter or anything. I think he was probably very motivated to beat Fury as well. I think Wlad's performance was more due to the fact that Joshua came to trade. Fury didn't.

you can say i only see one side i suppose but it's more just my opinion on things. I think your putting a bit to much stock into the argument that this great version of Wlad showed up against Joshua as opposed to Fury. It's more about styles.

But yeah i dunno. Guess we will have to agree to disagree

I have no doubt Wlad was motivated to beat Fury, but that doesn't mean he wasn't more motivated when his career was on the line and he went into a fight with the bully of the division as a challenger for the first time in about 10 years. He was coasting before the Fury fight and everyone expected him to win. I mean just look at what happened in the fight, you can credit a lot of it to styles but not all of it, there's a reason all of the German media are referring to this as one of the best performances of his career.

The man wore a robe into the ring with the hastag OBSESSED written all over him, he was telling us himself all through the build up how much this meant to him, how he had to redeem himself etc.

You are right that Klitschko couldn't have just threw more and won, it's not as simple as that. However, Fury didn't beat him enough to the point where he couldn't throw punches. He did start committing to shots later in the fight, they were there for him, he just hesitated too much in committing. I think he recognized that and knew he had to do something different. Do you really think the same version of Wlad couldn't beat Fury in a rematch? You're making out that Tyson schooled Wlad but that didn't happen at all, both guys looked terrible and most rounds were separated by clumsy activity rather than landed shots. A more switched on and focused Wlad could definitely do enough to land bigger shots and take a rematch.

If the Wlad v Fury rematch would have happened, you'd have seen a better Wlad than we did first time.

I have no doubt Wlad was motivated to beat Fury, but that doesn't mean he wasn't more motivated when his career was on the line and he went into a fight with the bully of the division as a challenger for the first time in about 10 years. He was coasting before the Fury fight and everyone expected him to win. I mean just look at what happened in the fight, you can credit a lot of it to styles but not all of it, there's a reason all of the German media are referring to this as one of the best performances of his career.

The man wore a robe into the ring with the hastag OBSESSED written all over him, he was telling us himself all through the build up how much this meant to him, how he had to redeem himself etc.

You are right that Klitschko couldn't have just threw more and won, it's not as simple as that. However, Fury didn't beat him enough to the point where he couldn't throw punches. He did start committing to shots later in the fight, they were there for him, he just hesitated too much in committing. I think he recognized that and knew he had to do something different. Do you really think the same version of Wlad couldn't beat Fury in a rematch? You're making out that Tyson schooled Wlad but that didn't happen at all, both guys looked terrible and most rounds were separated by clumsy activity rather than landed shots. A more switched on and focused Wlad could definitely do enough to land bigger shots and take a rematch.

If the Wlad v Fury rematch would have happened, you'd have seen a better Wlad than we did first time.
If I hadn't won a ton of money on this fight I might listen to you. Anyone with a brain knew who would win.

If I hadn't won a ton of money on this fight I might listen to you. Anyone with a brain knew who would win.

Yeah that's why hardcore boxing fans were split pretty much 50/50 on the fight, with most refusing to pick the youth over experience.

I was amongst the most vocal that Joshua would win, even the people that picked him did so with the caveat that Klitschko could take him out or outbox him.

You've called plenty of fights wrong, have you not? I'm not sure what this has to do with anything though, it was obviously a close fight to call.

Yeah that's why hardcore boxing fans were split pretty much 50/50 on the fight, with most refusing to pick the youth over experience.

I was amongst the most vocal that Joshua would win, even the people that picked him did so with the caveat that Klitschko could take him out or outbox him.

You've called plenty of fights wrong, have you not? I'm not sure what this has to do with anything though, it was obviously a close fight to call.
I'm usually right but I hold my hands up when I'm wrong, if you picked it the same high five:

I myself called Joshua to win way back when this fight got first announced and he wasn't such a big favourite. BUT you have to admit that things could easily have one the other way in this fight. Wlad dropped Joshua pretty heavily and AJ was in serious trouble, you could have easily lost your bet if one more big shot had landed from Wlad.

I myself called Joshua to win way back when this fight got first announced and he wasn't such a big favourite. BUT you have to admit that things could easily have one the other way in this fight. Wlad dropped Joshua pretty heavily and AJ was in serious trouble, you could have easily lost your bet if one more big shot had landed from Wlad.
I was scared when he did that but I walked away with £28k so I'm not a dumbass

I was scared when he did that but I walked away with £28k so I'm not a dumbass

If that's true then respect for putting your money where your mouth is and jumping on a good opportunity.

you all need to STFU and just accept that it was a good fight between a young guy who doesnt know the ropes yet, and an old guy who knows everything to know

it was a good fight, we saw the best of both guys, stop playing dick tennis and move on

If that's true then respect for putting your money where your mouth is and jumping on a good opportunity.
I'm cool with disagreement, I know you know that I'm not fucking around, I take losses on the chin, Joshua was a big win, happy days.

At 1-3 or did you pick rounds / method of win?
I picked Joshua ko and put a stupid amount on it but it paid bank, as most of you know if I lose I'll tell you what I lost to so happy days this week.

you all need to STFU and just accept that it was a good fight between a young guy who doesnt know the ropes yet, and an old guy who knows everything to know

it was a good fight, we saw the best of both guys, stop playing dick tennis and move on
And someone stole the jam out of your donut.

Its a boxing forum....discussions about boxing are common. Theres nothing out of the ordinary in this thread.

Its a boxing forum....discussions about boxing are common. Theres nothing out of the ordinary in this thread.
He's trying to troll us, regulars know who to listen to. He's trying to start wars.

No one here beats me at dick tennis.

I picked Joshua ko and put a stupid amount on it but it paid bank, as most of you know if I lose I'll tell you what I lost to so happy days this week.

Ballsy! And they must have been in your throat when AJ got dropped!

Back