Joshua/Klitschko or Deontay/Ortiz

The Wlad AJ faced and Furry ridiculed more than a year before was just a hint of the Wlad we knew as one of the very best ever. On the other hand, even though Ortiz is OLD, there was no indication he was (is) done... So, out of the two, I also pick Wilder the most challenging and significant victory.

People can say what they like about klitchkos age. But he was at the best he had been in years in the Joshua fight. Klitchko wanted to knock him out. Ortiz is a decent win. And the best in wilders career. But it isn't anywhere near as credible as Joshua win over that version of klitchko who previously had looked crap.

People can say what they like about klitchkos age. But he was at the best he had been in years in the Joshua fight. Klitchko wanted to knock him out. Ortiz is a decent win. And the best in wilders career. But it isn't anywhere near as credible as Joshua win over that version of klitchko who previously had looked crap.
The thing is the same people shitting on Wilder’s win over Ortiz praise Joshuas win over Wlad. Even though Wlad was 40.

Ortiz is the biggest win possible right now besides beating AJ himself. Though Id put Povetkin on the same level.

Wlad is on a 2 fight loss streak so that wouldnt be as good.

Fury weighs 9,000 pounds and hasnt fought in years so hes irrelevant or best case scenario extremely rusty.

Folks try hard to discredit these two and imo its mostly based on not liking them.

The thing is the same people shitting on Wilder’s win over Ortiz praise Joshuas win over Wlad. Even though Wlad was 40.

Ortiz is the biggest win possible right now besides beating AJ himself. Though Id put Povetkin on the same level.

Fury weighs 9,000 pounds and hasnt fought in years so hes irrelevant or best case scenario extremely rusty.

Folks try hard to discredit these two and imo its mostly based on not liking them.
I agree. Outside of both wilder and aj, Ortiz is probably the best of the rest. And is a great win at this point in time. Can't shit on that at all. Ortiz was game as fuck. I'm just saying that although klitchko had been through a rough patch (the fury loss he was shockingly bad) that version of klitchko in the aj fight was the best ive seen him since say Lennox Lewis. That was a good fight man. And Joshua over came adversity.

I don't agree with that at all. Wlad had serious power but he generally had to beat opponents down over the course of a fight. There are dozens of other fighters not nearly as good as he was with way way way more power.

What are you talking about?

Wlad is one of the hardest punchers in the history of the division. He has serious one punch power that is proven at the top level. Ortiz best win is Bryant Jennings, he has never shown one punch power like Wlad. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here.

Look at how Wlad effortlessly knocked down Pulev and Povetkin numerous times, you can watch him ice 90% of fighters he has fought. You can listen to Manny Steward talk about him being the hardest puncher has has ever felt.

Only on Sherdog would someone questions Wlad's punching power, and obviously it'd have to be to make Wilder look better.

Maybe because Wlad is a far better fighter than Ortiz

Shall we compare resumes?

No hes not.

Wilder took an entire round and a half beat down from Ortiz. Wasnt one punch.

Fairly obvious why I say chin.

So now your claiming that Ortiz hits as hard as Wlad, cool, what do you base this on?

You think AJ just took one punch? He was OUT ON HIS FEET for over 2 rounds, Wlad was teeing off on him plenty before and after he knocked him down. There's absolutely zero evidence to suggest Ortiz punches in the same category was Klitschko, none at all.

What are you talking about?

Wlad is one of the hardest punchers in the history of the division. He has serious one punch power that is proven at the top level. Ortiz best win is Bryant Jennings, he has never shown one punch power like Wlad. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here.

Look at how Wlad effortlessly knocked down Pulev and Povetkin numerous times, you can watch him ice 90% of fighters he has fought. You can listen to Manny Steward talk about him being the hardest puncher has has ever felt.

Only on Sherdog would someone questions Wlad's punching power, and obviously it'd have to be to make Wilder look better.

Go add to that the thread on here from the fella who sparred with Lewis, wlad, bowe and Holyfield was fairly clear that wlad hit the hardest, even more so than Lewis. Gotta be one of the hardest hitting HWs of all time.

Go add to that the thread on here from the fella who sparred with Lewis, wlad, bowe and Holyfield was fairly clear that wlad hit the hardest, even more so than Lewis. Gotta be one of the hardest hitting HWs of all time.

Of course he is, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone try and dispute it.

Ortiz may be a decent puncher, but to suggest he is on the level of Wlad is nonesensical.

If WIlder took a full fledged steelhammer and got straight back up, that'd be more impressive than surviving a round against Ortiz as well.

Of course he is, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone try and dispute it.

Ortiz may be a decent puncher, but to suggest he is on the level of Wlad is nonesensical.

If WIlder took a full fledged steelhammer and got straight back up, that'd be more impressive than surviving a round against Ortiz as well.

I watched the fight again the other night and I still don’t know how he got up. The crack from that shot sounded like someone hitting the pads. I also don’t know how he was up on the cards going in to the 11th but that’s immaterial now

The Wlad AJ faced and Furry ridiculed more than a year before was just a hint of the Wlad we knew as one of the very best ever. On the other hand, even though Ortiz is OLD, there was no indication he was (is) done... So, out of the two, I also pick Wilder the most challenging and significant victory.
Wlad on that night was better than his previous few performances. And don’t say it’s because AJ was bad competition.

Wlad on that night was better than his previous few performances. And don’t say it’s because AJ was bad competition.

Yeah I think he lifted his game for that fight. As good a fighter as he was I’ve always been critical of him. He proved a lot of people wrong in that fight

Maybe because Wlad is a far better fighter than Ortiz

Shall we compare resumes?

I don't think anybody is claiming that Ortiz is as good, or as accomplished as Wlad. It was just being pointed out that Wlad is a few years older than Ortiz, and was coming off an abysmal losing performance.

So if Wilder loses some credit for his victory because Ortiz is 38, it should also be mentioned that Wlad was 40 and coming off a loss.

I don't think anybody is claiming that Ortiz is as good, or as accomplished as Wlad. It was just being pointed out that Wlad is a few years older than Ortiz, and was coming off an abysmal losing performance.

So if Wilder loses some credit for his victory because Ortiz is 38, it should also be mentioned that Wlad was 40 and coming off a loss.

That doesn't change the fact that one fighter is superior to the other though. You can't just bring both fighters to a level because one is a few years older than the other. Boxing doesnt work like that.

Of course the Wlad win loses some credit because of his age, but nowhere near enough credit to mean that he is now only on the level of Ortiz. Wlad dominated the division for years, Ortiz best win is Bryant Jennings. He didn't exactly look great before the Wilder fight either, did you see his fight with Dave Allen, a British journeyman?

Wlad turned up against Joshua, looked great physically and showed his class, Ortiz looked like he was feeling his age more than Wlad. There's no debate here, Joshuas win is clearly superior. If Wilder was the one who had beaten Wlad then his win would be superior, but he hasn't done that.

Mind you, it seems like PUO3 is the only one who can't admit that.

That doesn't change the fact that one fighter is superior to the other though. You can't just bring both fighters to a level because one is a few years older than the other. Boxing doesnt work like that.

Of course the Wlad win loses some credit because of his age, but nowhere near enough credit to mean that he is now only on the level of Ortiz. Wlad dominated the division for years, Ortiz best win is Bryant Jennings. He didn't exactly look great before the Wilder fight either, did you see his fight with Dave Allen, a British journeyman?

Wlad turned up against Joshua, looked great physically and showed his class, Ortiz looked like he was feeling his age more than Wlad. There's no debate here, Joshuas win is clearly superior. If Wilder was the one who had beaten Wlad then his win would be superior, but he hasn't done that.

Mind you, it seems like PUO3 is the only one who can't admit that.
Are you sure?
Ill go AJ on boxing, Wilder on power, AJ on opponent, Wilder on chin.

Id lean AJ’s win over Wlad.

Are you sure?

You were the only one who had to break down the question into categories to make sure you were giving Wilder all the credit possible.

Everyone else just said the obvious answer. And of course you would 'lean Joshua' you couldn't just give a straight answer. It was obvious you would be the one to do that.

Could you please explain why you said Wlad wasn't a bigger puncher than Ortiz? You've yet to explain that one. Wilder was hurt for a full round off an Ortiz right hook, Joshua went down once and got straight back up from one of the most famous power punches in heavyweight history that literally sounded like a shotgun. Do you not agree that a flush steelhammer is a far bigger punch than an Ortiz right hook?

You were the only one who had to break down the question into categories to make sure you were giving Wilder all the credit possible.

Everyone else just said the obvious answer. And of course you would 'lean Joshua' you couldn't just give a straight answer. It was obvious you would be the one to do that.

Could you please explain why you said Wlad wasn't a bigger puncher than Ortiz? You've yet to explain that one. Wilder was hurt for a full round off an Ortiz right hook, Joshua went down once and got straight back up from one of the most famous power punches in heavyweight history that literally sounded like a shotgun. Do you not agree that a flush steelhammer is a far bigger punch than an Ortiz right hook?
Im sorry I gave a comprehensive answer. Please do forgive me.

You said “Ortiz is far less of a puncher than Wlad”

I said “No he isnt.” Because he isnt. I didnt say Wlad wasnt a bigger puncher than Ortiz.

Dont put words in my mouth just because youre butthurt.

Im sorry I gave a comprehensive answer. Please do forgive me.

You said “Ortiz is far less of a puncher than Wlad”

I said “No he isnt.” Because he isnt. I didnt say Wlad wasnt a bigger puncher than Ortiz.

Dont put words in my mouth just because youre butthurt.

Right, so what's the evidence that Ortiz isn't far less of a puncher? Shall we start breaking down resumes and KO's? I've got plenty of evidence to support my point if that's what you're worried about.

You didn't answer my question either. What's the harder shot, a right hook from the southpaw Ortiz, or a fully fledged right hand from Wlad? It's not a trick question, you can just answer honestly. You won't though, I guarantee there will be a caveat.

Back