Joshua/Klitschko or Deontay/Ortiz

RoninJin

Holla At Me If You Like My Avatar
@Black
Reaction score
Which of these fights impress you more.

Both Joshua and Deontay were hurt before coming back with the finish.

Id have to say Joshua/Klitshko, because Joshua gassed and I didnt think he'd recover.

Luis Ortiz gassed vs Wilder

AJ vs Wlad impressed me the most. Wlad showed that he still had it in him but AJ was able to survive and conquer one of the greatest HW's of the last decade. Ortiz was a good win for Wilder but he's not at Wlads level.

Joshua was less experienced than Wilder in each of their respective "big test" fights and beat a much more accomplished & better fighter.

uh-oh...wait for PUO to turn up and get angry

Beating Wlad is much more impressive than beating Ortiz. Dude was an unstoppable champion for years and years and literally the top of the division.

That being said Wilder beating Ortiz was an EPIC win as well. It will do so much for Wilder's stock and for heavyweight boxing in general. You can't take anything away from the kid at all.

Both showed a lot. A win over Wlad means more, but Wilder probably had more question marks going in.

Wlad didn't knock AJ out because big bro told him not to.

Ortiz didn't knock Wilder out because he couldn't muster the energy at that moment in the fight.

Both pretty precarious wins but I think the bigger "what if" is there with the AJ/Wlad, as at least Ortiz tried to go for it. Deontay gets my vote.

Both guys are chinny but both guys can recuperate after getting whacked. Problem with Joshua is that Wlad could recuperate well too for an old man. Ortiz had Wilder but couldn't sustain it, whereas Wlad could physically but mentally isn't a killer. Also, that odd ref call that bought him extra time, along with the judges scorecards made me think Ortiz never had much of a chance in retrospect.

Wlad vs Wilder and Ortiz vs Joshua would have been cool too.

uh-oh...wait for PUO to turn up and get angry
If you want to hold my pocket just ask.

Ill go AJ on boxing, Wilder on power, AJ on opponent, Wilder on chin.

Id lean AJ’s win over Wlad.

2 exciting fights and very good wins for undefeated HWs with question marks who got seriously challenged by seasoned veterans.

I'd favor AJ's for overall significance.

It's obviously AJ v Wlad. It's almost impossible to justify otherwise.

Ortiz is a good win, but his best win is Bryant Jennings and he had looked like shit recently. He didn't exactly look a younger version of himself on the fight either, he fought like a 38 year old and had some success.

Wlad looked the best he had looked in years against AJ physically and was still one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all time. Not only that, but AJ beat him after 20 fights. Wilder was getting dropped by Harold Sconiers at that stage of his career despite having the same amateur experience as Joshua and been in the sport for an equal amount of time.

Wlad is a much better fighter than Ortiz, to put it simply. It was a good win for Wilder but let's not get carried away, just because he has beaten a top fighter doesn't mean he's immediately level pegging.

If you want to hold my pocket just ask.

Ill go AJ on boxing, Wilder on power, AJ on opponent, Wilder on chin.

Id lean AJ’s win over Wlad.

Why chin?

Ortiz is far less of a puncher than Wlad who is one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all time. He connected with his money shot and couldn't get rid of a completely gassed AJ.

You simply cannot ignore the difference in size and punching powe, what AJ took from Wlad was a lot more than what Wilder took from Ortiz. They aren't even comparable as punchers.

I should hope you lean that way, it's not even debatable.

Why chin?

Ortiz is far less of a puncher than Wlad who is one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all time. He connected with his money shot and couldn't get rid of a completely gassed AJ.

You simply cannot ignore the difference in size and punching powe, what AJ took from Wlad was a lot more than what Wilder took from Ortiz. They aren't even comparable as punchers.

I should hope you lean that way, it's not even debatable.
No hes not.

Wilder took an entire round and a half beat down from Ortiz. Wasnt one punch.

Fairly obvious why I say chin.

AJ's win is better imo

Both were a great step up in competition

Ortiz is far less of a puncher than Wlad who is one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all time.

I don't agree with that at all. Wlad had serious power but he generally had to beat opponents down over the course of a fight. There are dozens of other fighters not nearly as good as he was with way way way more power.

I don't agree with that at all. Wlad had serious power but he generally had to beat opponents down over the course of a fight. There are dozens of other fighters not nearly as good as he was with way way way more power.
i'm not going to be able to put up any actual numbers to help my case, but whenever i think of a fight with wlad, i imagine him jabbing his opponent for 9 rounds, then landing a right hand in the 10th and they die.

i'm not going to be able to put up any actual numbers to help my case, but whenever i think of a fight with wlad, i imagine him jabbing his opponent for 9 rounds, then landing a right hand in the 10th and they die.
Yeah pretty much it. He softens them up, mentally breaking their spirit then lays the right hand from hell on them. Then it's over. He doesn't tend to knock guys out early simply because he doesn't land that right hand until he's broken them down a bit. But there is no doubting the crushing power he has in that right hand, his KO ratio shows that.

2 great fights. That the HW division needed.

I’m going to be bias and pick wilder/Ortiz because I saw it in person. But both of them were great imo

Back