Joshua is offering Wilder a flat fee of $12.5M

And you think Wilder will be happy taking much smaller pay days rather than getting the Joshua fight for tens of millions? If he gets just one fight with Joshua he'd earn many times what he could have ever earned before or after. Plus if he beats Joshua he'll be able to command a lot lot more than ever before. Wilder wants a fight with Joshua so badly because of the money, that is undeniable.

Ok.

5 million for povetkin.

12.5 million for Joshua.

How is that difference "many times" as much?

It's not. That is the whole point of this thread. The shit offer is shit.

Last edited:
Deontay got 2.5 million in his last fight...his career highest payday.

So, offering Wilder 5 x his career highest payday is a shit offer? Interdasting!

This has nothing to do with whether or not there are other fights for him.
I'm just highlighting that if he fights Joshua he has a lot more to gain financially than any other fight out there for him.

Ok.

5 million for povetkin.

12.5 million for Joshua.

How is that difference "many times" as much?

It's not. That is the whole point of this thread. The shit offer is shit.

That's 2.5 times as much, so yes many times. I'm not saying he should accept 12.5 I think he should get as much as Parker which is 35% but that fact is a fight with Joshua is a career high pay day by some margin.

I'm just highlighting that if he fights Joshua he has a lot more to gain financially than any other fight out there for him.
Absolutely.

Deontay got 2.5 million in his last fight...his career highest payday.

So, offering Wilder 5 x his career highest payday is a shit offer? Interdasting!
The offer needs to be relative to the opponent, no?

The offer needs to be relative to the opponent, no?

Be patient. Allow the marination process to emulsify the juices. The longer the better Mr PUO.

Joshua purposely low balled Wilder because he thinks he is the a-side of the negotiating table. Unfortunately, Wilder is the biggest pay day for him; he may need to sweeten the deal to make it happy. He will probably need to do a 60-40 split because without WIlder he is not making that big pay day.

Joshua purposely low balled Wilder because he thinks he is the a-side of the negotiating table. Unfortunately, Wilder is the biggest pay day for him; he may need to sweeten the deal to make it happy. He will probably need to do a 60-40 split because without WIlder he is not making that big pay day.
Joshua will be a multimillionaire just fine with out Wilder he made £13 million alone from fighting Parker, his net worth is now £43 million. Wilder is the one who is not making that much.

This is opposite world. I cannot argue with it.

You do realize there was a purse bid for the fight between Wilder and Povetkin right?

And that it was actually over 7 million bucks and Wilder's cut was contracted and signed at 70%?

And he traveled overseas for the fight?

And it only fell through because Povetkin doped?

So your whole there are no fights for Wilder thing is pure nonsense. He can fight ANYONE that Joshua can fight for millions of dollars.

Just because for some unfathomable reason YOU think any fight not involving Joshua is meaningless doesn't make it fucking true.

You've kinda missed out the sentance between those two where i mention about the fight making him plenty of money in America.

Wilder has fights available to him sure, but he isnt getting paid UK Joshua and Whyte money or even Russia Povetkin money when nobody in the US gives a flying fuck about him.

People will hold out if they can see a road to a Joshua fight, as he is the money maker, which will leave Wilder to fight his mandatories(currently Whyte laughably) or fighters like Brezeale.

If the Brezeale fight gets made, lets have a discussion on how much Wilder is worth after they announce the purses

Would laugh my ass off if Joshua loses his next fight and has to crawl to Alabama and fight Wilder in Tuscaloosa.

Would laugh my ass off if Joshua loses his next fight and has to crawl to Alabama and fight Wilder in Tuscaloosa.

The first part could happen, but even if he loses, he will still sell out big venues in the UK and make more than Wilder fighting his mandatories(waiting for the literal amongst us to say how do i know this as a fact.....)

The first part could happen, but even if he loses, he will still sell out big venues in the UK and make more than Wilder fighting his mandatories(waiting for the literal amongst us to say how do i know this as a fact.....)

Or to point out that if he loses, he doesn't have any fucking mandatories... lol.

You've kinda missed out the sentance between those two where i mention about the fight making him plenty of money in America.

Wilder has fights available to him sure, but he isnt getting paid UK Joshua and Whyte money or even Russia Povetkin money when nobody in the US gives a flying fuck about him.

People will hold out if they can see a road to a Joshua fight, as he is the money maker, which will leave Wilder to fight his mandatories(currently Whyte laughably) or fighters like Brezeale.

If the Brezeale fight gets made, lets have a discussion on how much Wilder is worth after they announce the purses
To be fair, Wilder’s popularity is growing significantly. He did really well vs Ortiz. His purses will go up substantially.

(Thats not to say he will make as much as AJ.)

Wilder with the overhand fastball, Anthony is getting finished imo

Yea but Wilder wouldn't need to fight him and could claim himself the best in the world.
Wilder makes millions a fight. Hes not struggling and hes not Mayweather, where money means everything to him.

I think both sides can think exactly that.
Yea but Wilder wouldn't need to fight him and could claim himself the best in the world.
Wilder makes millions a fight. Hes not struggling and hes not Mayweather, where money means everything to him.
I think you are missing the part where aj is literally anyone's number 1 payday. And if aj loses he will get an instant rematch of which both would probably get even more money. Flip that around. If Deontay loses I'm not sure he'll get an immediate rematch tho it would make sense and still options available for aj. He will still get support up even if he loses. Sure it takes off a lot of steam.

Back