Joshua is offering Wilder a flat fee of $12.5M

He doesn’t deserve any where near parity on the purse as he’s let the other guy do all the hard work. Laughable post

Worst post of the year.

Wilder let the other guy do all the work? He's 40 and 0 with 39 knockouts. He just crushed the boogeyman who every other major fighter is afraid to fight. But he hasn't done any hard work?

YDKSAB

Lmao.

Hearn can get fucked if those are real numbers.

Parker got 33%.

So, take Wilders 50% offer, and Joshuas 12.5% offer, and meet around 30%. Get it done.

I'm surprised at how short sighted everyone is being here.

Yes its a sucky offer and yes they should counter, but ................ if Joshua is refusing to budge then you take it.

Why? because on the other side of that offer is the ENTIRE HW division and the control that comes with it.

Lets take this scenario ...........

Joshua refuses to up "his offer" Deontay accepts the £12m (10 mil more than he's ever made by the way).
Deontay wins like he's confident of doing, Joshua will want a rematch ........... you then fleece the fk out of him in the return fight!

Trying to stand too stubborn now could end up talking Deontay out of the fight all together and in no mans land, when the baton is passed Deontay can then call the shots or freeze Joshua out vice versa.

Is it? Tyson holyfield 2 made $140M, almost double the conservative estimate that guy tweeted, according to what I could find and both guys took 35M.

Considering Holyfield won the first fight, but Tyson was more popular at the box office a 50-50 split seems fair.

You will admit we're in the ballpark here. But I'm no expert in revenue shares for big fights I admit that. I'm only trying to discuss this objectively, yeah it's a lowball to put a number on the table to get things going, bit is it really a slap in the face? Who's getting 50M pay days just from the fight?

Last edited:
Is it? Tyson holyfield 2 made $140M, almost double the conservative estimate that guy tweeted, according to what I could find and both guys took 35M.

Considering Holyfield won the first fight, but Tyson was more popular at the box office a 50-50 split seems fair.

You will admit we're in the ballpark here. But I'm no expert in revenue shares for big fights I admit that. I'm only trying to discuss this objectively, yeah it's a lowball to put a number on the table to get things going, bit is it really a slap in the face? Who's getting 50M pay days just from the fight?
What is inflation.

Charles Martin gets 8.5 mil but Wilder should just shut up and take whatever he is offered?

I dont think so. You dont actually think so either. You just cant separate yourself from being a fanboy and somehow trying to justify this laughable lowball.

Martin got 3m. They paid over his worth to bring him to England and buy his title.

I'm glad their negotiating. I don't know how bad a 12.5M offer and it seems like neither do you, I'm sure wilder's team know what they want, and if be interested in knowing that number too.

I'm confident they pull this thing off.

I'm surprised at how short sighted everyone is being here.

Yes its a sucky offer and yes they should counter, but ................ if Joshua is refusing to budge then you take it.

Why? because on the other side of that offer is the ENTIRE HW division and the control that comes with it.

Lets take this scenario ...........

Joshua refuses to up "his offer" Deontay accepts the £12m (10 mil more than he's ever made by the way).
Deontay wins like he's confident of doing, Joshua will want a rematch ........... you then fleece the fk out of him in the return fight!

Trying to stand too stubborn now could end up talking Deontay out of the fight all together and in no mans land, when the baton is passed Deontay can then call the shots or freeze Joshua out vice versa.

This is the exact same stupid shit Canelo fans said about his 10 million flat fee offer to fight GGG.

Uhhh if he really thinks he can win he should take any offer and make money on the rematch!!!

It's boxing. Anyone can lose any fight. Or some blind judge can score the fight so utterly ridiculously that she gets punished by the actual boxing commission and the fight ends in a draw. Then after months of negotiations your opponent who is supposed to pay out big time now tests positive for PED's and pulls out of the fight. It's boxing. You don't bank on what you might somehow get next time maybe and you don't take 12% of the purse when you are the other half of the biggest fight in boxing.

Martin got 3m. They paid over his worth to bring him to England and buy his title.

I'm glad their negotiating. I don't know how bad a 12.5M offer and it seems like neither do you, I'm sure wilder's team know what they want, and if be interested in knowing that number too.

I'm confident they pull this thing off.
Source?
Martin puts his IBF world heavyweight title on the line for the first time against Briton Joshua (15-0, 15 KOs) at London's O2 Arena on Saturday and is reportedly being paid £6 million [$8.5m].
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...les-martin-just-here-make-english-money-quick

Worst post of the year.

Wilder let the other guy do all the work? He's 40 and 0 with 39 knockouts. He just crushed the boogeyman who every other major fighter is afraid to fight. But he hasn't done any hard work?

YDKSAB

Who’s got 3 of the 4 belts. What the fck has wilder done to unify the the division? So why should he get parity or even near parity with what he brings to the table

It’s not fckin difficult to work out is it pal?

Wilder wanted 50/50 and in the USA , Wilder fans say you don’t open negotiations on your bottom dollar.

So why are we expecting Hearn to open at his highest, swear to fuck some of you were born yesterday.

Wilder’s terms dropped from 50/50 in the USA to 60/40 in the UK in a heartbeat are we really expecting Hearn to not try and knock him down a bit more.

Parker ended up with far more than the initial offer so calm your collective tits and wait and see, some Wilder fans thought Hearn wouldn’t even make an offer and flat out duck.

I bet they settle at 65/35.

i bet that 35 percent of a UK purse is going to be a whole lot more than 50 percent of a US purse
For sure. Wilder knows that too.

This is the exact same stupid shit Canelo fans said about his 10 million flat fee offer to fight GGG.

Uhhh if he really thinks he can win he should take any offer and make money on the rematch!!!

It's boxing. Anyone can lose any fight. Or some blind judge can score the fight so utterly ridiculously that she gets punished by the actual boxing commission and the fight ends in a draw. Then after months of negotiations your opponent who is supposed to pay out big time now tests positive for PED's and pulls out of the fight. It's boxing. You don't bank on what you might somehow get next time maybe and you don't take 12% of the purse when you are the other half of the biggest fight in boxing.

Sorry but I don't really see it as the same situation at all.

Canelo was making money and GGG wasn't "avoiding" Canelo, the chasm of difference between Wilder and Joshua is far greater.

Joshua is making 10's of millions, Wilder is scrapping £1.5m, Wilder has no one viable left to fight and is avoiding Whyte, Joshua has lots of fights on the table he could choose instead and not risk his belts like a Wilder fight would be.

Again I'm not saying Wilder should roll over I'm saying that if Joshua doesn't back down and uses this as an excuse to move on elsewhere then Wilder is screwed.

So again your not seeing the bigger picture at all.

I'm being mindful of the fact that Hearn and AJ may be using this as an excuse to bail on Deontay, if that is indeed the case then you grab it with both hands, the alternative is not pretty.

Wilder has no one to fight but Joshua has lots of options? That makes no sense at all lol.

Wilder wanted 50/50 and in the USA , Wilder fans say you don’t open negotiations on your bottom dollar.

So why are we expecting Hearn to open at his highest, swear to fuck some of you were born yesterday.

Wilder’s terms dropped from 50/50 in the USA to 60/40 in the UK in a heartbeat are we really expecting Hearn to not try and knock him down a bit more.

Parker ended up with far more than the initial offer so calm your collective tits and wait and see, some Wilder fans thought Hearn wouldn’t even make an offer and flat out duck.

The point is
Sorry but I don't really see it as the same situation at all.

Canelo was making money and GGG wasn't "avoiding" Canelo, the chasm of difference between Wilder and Joshua is far greater.

Joshua is making 10's of millions, Wilder is scrapping £1.5m, Wilder has no one viable left to fight and is avoiding Whyte, Joshua has lots of fights on the table he could choose instead and not risk his belts like a Wilder fight would be.

Again I'm not saying Wilder should roll over I'm saying that if Joshua doesn't back down and uses this as an excuse to move on elsewhere then Wilder is screwed.

So again your not seeing the bigger picture at all.

I'm being mindful of the fact that Hearn and AJ may be using this as an excuse to bail on Deontay, if that is indeed the case then you grab it with both hands, the alternative is not pretty.

Wait are you implying that Joshua is avoiding Wilder? The chasm of difference in what?

Hearns is trying to create a diversion with Whyte to buy more time for Joshua to earn money as the undefeated champion before facing Wilder and risking his 0. Wilder isn't having it, nor should he.

What are Joshua's big fight options that are not available for Wilder?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back