Joshua Gets the Stoppage; Who is Next?

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Luke Reddy from BBC Sport gives his take on who is the next opponent for Joshua:

"Taking on the likes of Fury or Wilder next makes sense from a boxing perspective but outside of the ring is a different matter. Negotiations with Wilder have proven tedious, while Fury will need to beat the American in December to be able to face Joshua as soon as April.

Dillian Whyte - already beaten by Joshua but much improved since - appears the most likely candidate at this stage. His own fine form and a long-standing rivalry will be easy sells for Eddie Hearn, who promotes both men."
(https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/45616241)

Will Joshua be able, and willing to come to a deal with Wilder's team that satisfies both parties?
Will Fury make it past Wilder in December to become the biggest blip on AJ's radar?
Does Dillian Whyte deserve a rematch being that he is more seasoned, and a titleholder in his own right?

Who should get next in line for Joshua? The winner of Wilder v Fury or Dillian Whyte?

Obviously everyone wants the winner of Wilder/Fury. They'll probably go with Whyte I assume in April.

Obviously everyone wants the winner of Wilder/Fury. They'll probably go with Whyte I assume in April.

True, but if they can't close a deal....well a fight is better than nothing. I wanted AJ to fight Wilder instead of Povetkin, but at least everyone is active.

In any case, you think Whyte has nothing for Joshua this go around; if they fight in April?

True, but if they can't close a deal....well a fight is better than nothing. I wanted AJ to fight Wilder instead of Povetkin, but at least everyone is active.

In any case, you think Whyte has nothing for Joshua this go around; if they fight in April?

Whyte looks bigger than he was in the first fight. And against Parker his jab was so damn good. Whyte could easily have the best jab at HW right now. His main problems are his defense and his gas tank. But he is super dangerous in the first half of the fight anyway. Could hurt AJ no doubt about it. Still would pick AJ by late stoppage.

to keep the momentum going in heavyweight it needs to be a combo of fury/aj/wilder next

Whyte is a tough fight for anybody. But obviously the winner of Fury/Wilder is ideal.

Wilder fights cans tbh and I don’t believe they will allow him to fight Joshua who has fought great hws like pov and klitch .. I wouldn’t mind seeing Joshua vs whyte

Wilder fights cans tbh and I don’t believe they will allow him to fight Joshua who has fought great hws like pov and klitch .. I wouldn’t mind seeing Joshua vs whyte

AJ wants Wilder's belt. They have to see each other, unless Fury can take it off of him in December.

He’s gonna fight whyte or Bellew if Bellew turns into Superman and beats ustyk hell he will probably fight price since he’s not taking tough fights I wanna see him fight Ortiz but he’s gonna fight whyte it will be box office a uk rivalry

Its got to be Wilder if he wins. I dont care if someone's childs has to be put up. That fight HAS to be made.

If Wilder can get to Joshua by getting past Fury, then I think he KOs Joshua. Don't get me wrong, AJ is a bad man, he hits hard, but he's tenative. Wilder has touch of death power, and he has taken hard shots and done 12 before. AJs chin gets tested that night, and no one gets chin tested by Wilder and gets away with it.

I don't believe anymore for Joshua vs Wilder. Both sides are trying to dictate the terms and neither doesn't show any interest to adapt. Joshua/Whyte will be next on line.

Team Joshua: "If we are going to fight Fury, a deal must be agreed before 1 December". Wilder vs Fury its happening in December. How can a deal would be agreed before that date, if they dont even know the result of the their fight. So what they are saying in Joshua team is that they dont want the fight, thats clear, and they will put excuses. If u want the fight u wait for the other fight to finish, and depending on the result (if Wilder loses will have a rematch with Fury), u decide whats next. But its impossible they agree a deal with u, if they dont even know if Wilder will retain the belt or not. Nobody wants to see Joshua vs Wilder, if Wilder gets beaten by Fury.

AJ wants Wilder's belt. They have to see each other, unless Fury can take it off of him in December.
True but at this point, fury is a druggy who has zero business of being in the ring . Aj wants wilder but I’m not too sure wilder wants aj

April 13 Usyk and later that year Wilder because Joshua is afraid from Fury fighting style

It’ll be Whyte next for an easy to arrange payday.

Hearn needs time to see how Wilder Fury plays out - if Fury wins there will presumably be an ‘immediate’ rematch which will take time.

If Fury comes through second time, the Fury Joshua fight makes itself and everyone involved a ton of money.

If Wilder prevails, we go back to a tedious dick measuring contest between Hearn and Wilders team.

Joshua will be fighting twice next year per Hearn which he's been doing for the last couple years. An April date has already been set for the 13th. At the post-fight conference yesterday Hearn listed the usual range of possible opponents: Wilder (obviously, the optimal fight to make if he beats Fury in December), Fury (if he beats Wilder in December), Whyte, Miller (when he beats Adamek in two weeks), and Usyk (still a Cruiser, scheduled to embarrass Bellew in November). All of these fights can be made with little to no difficulty except for Wilder.

Joshua's ‘ideal list’ of future opponents at this time (he says) are: Wilder next, then Whyte (which would be a rematch), then Fury, and in that order.
AJ'S FUTURE PLANS ‘Deontay Wilder, Dillian Whyte, then Tyson Fury’ – Anthony Joshua tells talkSPORT his ideal pecking order after Alexander Povetkin win

Hearn specifically mentioned Usyk as one of the two opponents for AJ next year at the post-fight presser yesterday, which I found interesting. We're basically guaranteed to get AJ vs Whyte next. If not Whyte then it'll be Miller. BTW, there definitely is a rematch clause in the contract for Wilder vs Fury when they fight December 1st. If Wilder were to lose or the fight ends up a very close affair then expect an immediate rematch to be exercised, ruling out either of them for AJ as his next opponent.

Luke Reddy from BBC Sport gives his take on who is the next opponent for Joshua:

"Taking on the likes of Fury or Wilder next makes sense from a boxing perspective but outside of the ring is a different matter. Negotiations with Wilder have proven tedious, while Fury will need to beat the American in December to be able to face Joshua as soon as April.

Dillian Whyte - already beaten by Joshua but much improved since - appears the most likely candidate at this stage. His own fine form and a long-standing rivalry will be easy sells for Eddie Hearn, who promotes both men."
(https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/45616241)

Will Joshua be able, and willing to come to a deal with Wilder's team that satisfies both parties?
Will Fury make it past Wilder in December to become the biggest blip on AJ's radar?
Does Dillian Whyte deserve a rematch being that he is more seasoned, and a titleholder in his own right?

Who should get next in line for Joshua? The winner of Wilder v Fury or Dillian Whyte?

Wilder if he really wants it? Think it will dillian as long as he doesn’t fck up against the donkey

Team Joshua: "If we are going to fight Fury, a deal must be agreed before 1 December". Wilder vs Fury its happening in December. How can a deal would be agreed before that date, if they dont even know the result of the their fight. So what they are saying in Joshua team is that they dont want the fight, thats clear, and they will put excuses. If u want the fight u wait for the other fight to finish, and depending on the result (if Wilder loses will have a rematch with Fury), u decide whats next. But its impossible they agree a deal with u, if they dont even know if Wilder will retain the belt or not. Nobody wants to see Joshua vs Wilder, if Wilder gets beaten by Fury.

Because an agreement is put in place that should Fury/Wilder win, then the fight is on. It's not that hard ot understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back