Joshua–Parker in Negotiations for Unification bout in March

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-parker-camps-open-talks-unification-bout-march--122190

According to Duco Events' David Higgins, who promotes WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs), discussions have begun for a potential March unification with IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs).

Higgins spoke with Eddie Hearn, who promotes Joshua, on Monday night. The target is a date in March, but that month could ultimately change depending on how long their discussions play out.

Joshua was in action two weekends ago, when he stopped Carlos Takam in the tenth round before a crowd of 78,000 at Principality in Cardiff, Wales.

Parker has been out of the ring since traveling to Manchester in September to win a twelve round decision over undefeated mandatory challenger Hughie Fury.

One of the big sticking points in getting a Joshua vs. Parker deal done, is the financial split of the money.

Higgins has claimed that Hearn wanted an 80-20 split in favor of Joshua - which Parker and his camp will never agree to. Higgins wants a "reasonable" offer for his undefeated champion - especially with the contest likely taking place on UK soil.

"Joshua discussions remain alive for a fight in March next year," Higgins said to Fairfax Media of his initial contact with Hearn over a unification fight.

"There is a lot of detail to work out but yes, it remains a possibility."

Joshua became the king of the heavyweights in April, when he got off the floor to stop former division ruler Wladimir Klitschko before a record crowd of 90,000 screaming fans at Wembely in London to unify his three world titles.

Parker came on the scene last December, when he defeated Andy Ruiz to capture the vacant WBO world title.

The big option waiting in the wings for both men is WBC world champion Deontay Wilder. Last Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Wilder made his return to the ring with a destructive first round knockout of Bermane Stiverne in their mandated rematch.

Deontay 'The Bronze Bomber' Wilder - Undisputed Heavyweight Champion 2018

Interesting to note Parker doesn't have to fight Whyte to fight Joshua, but apparently Wilder does...That's a little weird, anyone think so?

Interesting to note Parker doesn't have to fight Whyte to fight Joshua, but apparently Wilder does...That's a little weird, anyone think so?
Stop posting me in shit and then editing so I can't answer what you say. It's a fucking bitch move and you can fuck off.

Looks like Joshua isn't ready yet still needs those 2 or 3 more fights and then fight Wilder NP we can wait hell maybe Wilder should fight Tyson Fury next sense he said he doesn't need a tune up fight first.

Not shocking at all that AJs promoter is looking at unifying with Parker...they are hoping someone beats Wilder because Deontay's style/power creates the best "puncher's chance" against AJ. Parker is no threat at all to Joshua, he will get outclassed like Takam.

Joshua and Wilder both deserve way more respect than they get from most people here.

Neither one ducks or dodges anyone. They both have legit skill and ridiculous power. They are obviously going to fight at some point. It makes sense that Wilder is so angry and in such a hurry because 3 of his opponents literally cheated him out of serious paydays. It makes sense that Joshua isn't in such a hurry since he went life and death against Klit who is miles better than anyone Wilder has ever fought and he feels like his championship is 100% earned and legitimate. There really is no decent reason to hate either one of these guys.

One more buildup fight, especially a unification bout, isn't exactly an issue in my book. It's also a way to get more leverage in the making of the fight. Maybe the Wilder people should have secured a Parker fight sooner.

with this going on, we can expect wilder vs breazeale also

Why am I mentioned by you then when I come in it’s been edited, tit.

It’s not really that strange but I’ll get the crayons out anyway, Parker does this fight for much less than Wilder does and holds a belt, it’s the exact same sell for Hearn but with bigger profits.

Joshua casuals don’t know either, so with Parker almost certainly taking a smaller percentage and offering the chance to hold 3 belts that puts him in a better instant position than Wilder because Hearn will see 3 belts as another chance to try and pay Wilder a bit less.

The Whyte fight is obviously to build WIlder up over here because as previously mentioned he will want a much bigger cut than what Parker will settle for, it’s Eddie Hearn ffs he wants maximum profit and this way makes him way more, how this can surprise people is beyond me.

Hearn is starting to "Bob arum" he's way in the business. He knows casuals will eat anyone Joshua fights. Can't really blame him, he wants leverage in the negotiations. But when it comes to al Haymon, I'm sure the fight will be made, and wilder will get his retirement payday.

Stop posting me in shit and then editing so I can't answer what you say. It's a fucking bitch move and you can fuck off.

I remember your bitch ass complaining once when i DIDN'T tag you when making a new thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/133502583/

^That's you being sarcastic when i didn't tag you (cuz i remembered you complaining the last time i did). So how about you make up your mind and fuck off, schizo.

Not really as they are trying to get Wilder more recognised in the UK to make it a bigger fight. Parker has already fought a brit in England so they don't need to do that with him.

Not really as they are trying to get Wilder more recognised in the UK to make it a bigger fight. Parker has already fought a brit in England so they don't need to do that with him.

Wilder needs recognition to fight Joshua?.. As if people aren't going to tune in to watch Joshua fight, am i reading this right?

sort of makes sense

Wilder has to fight Brezeale next, and Joshua doesnt have a mandatory, so let him grab another belt

When they both fight, it will be for all the marbles, i dont really see how anyone can not like this situation

sort of makes sense

Wilder has to fight Brezeale next, and Joshua doesnt have a mandatory, so let him grab another belt

When they both fight, it will be for all the marbles, i dont really see how anyone can not like this situation

Wilder has no mandatory, he just fought one in Stiverne. Lou DiBella has confirmed this himself, you don't just get slapped with mandatory after mandatory.
The Breazeale fight is their own choice, since there's no Joshua fight happening as of yet.

Wilder needs recognition to fight Joshua?.. As if people aren't going to tune in to watch Joshua fight, am i reading this right?
They'll tune in BUT this could be the biggest fight ever if more knew who Wilder was. His profile isn't that high in the UK, makes perfect sense to raise it since this is this biggest fight out there.

Back