Joshua–Parker fight off: "Eddie Hearn's Offer For Was Ridiculously Low"

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/parker-promoter-hearn-offer-joshua-ridiculously-low--122412

Joseph Parker's promoter says he has "pretty much given up" on the Anthony Joshua fight after receiving a "ridiculously low offer" from Eddie Hearn.

According to David Higgins, promoter for WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs), he was shocked at the "low" offer that was presented to him from Eddie Hearn, who promotes IBF, IBO, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs).

Higgins had recently stated that Parker was prepared to face Joshua on UK soil if the offer was at least 60-40 in the British star's favor.

But Higgins reveals that Hearn emailed over an offer that was so low that he initially felt the British promoter's email was hacked.

Higgins has claimed in the past that Hearn was presenting an 80-20 offer in his boxer's favor.

"I got this weird email from Eddie's email address, but he must have been hacked," Higgins exclusively told Sky Sports. "He made the most ridiculously low offer. It could have been the most insulting offer in boxing history. To expect 40 percent is actually quite reasonable, because you have earned it, and it's a unification.

"Of course I have mentioned it [to Joseph Parker] and he just laughed like I did. I'm not going to reply, because I don't think it was Eddie Hearn. I reckon someone hacked his account, it was a scam. I reckon Eddie respects boxing and I reckon Anthony Joshua wouldn't want to insult Joseph Parker. Joseph has worked his way from the ground up and earned the right. Joshua, I think, would understand and respect that, so it can't possibly be AJ or Eddie that made the offer. It must be an email hack."

Higgins is not planning to budge from his position of wanting at least 40 percent to forward with a Joshua fight on UK soil. He doesn't plan to move away from their position of requesting what they deemed as a "fair offer."

But Team Parker also has a Plan B.

They expect Joshua will fight WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder - and Higgins expects Wilder will win - and then Higgins will pursue a 50-50 deal with Parker taking on Wilder.

"I'll give you a simple answer. They pay us 40 percent and not a cent less, or they will fight Wilder, who will obviously win and then we'll fight Wilder 50-50," said Higgins. "If they want to go fight Wilder, they can, and then we'll fight Wilder on a 50-50 basis later in the year, once he has all three belts.

"We will come to England and fight AJ, but 40 per cent is the bottom line and I can give my word now, not one per cent less. We have got several fights on the table and I tell you this, we have pretty much given up on Joshua. Assuming someone hacked his email, I apologise to Eddie, and he's welcome to give me a call. He's got my number if he wants to actually make a respectable offer."

Expected negotiating ploy in this day and age. Fight might still happen.

A 60-40 offer would be WAY too high for Parker as I seriously doubt his earnings against Hughie Fury were 2/3rds of Joshuas earnings vs Takam.
I'd assume that the 'ridiculously low offer' would still mean it'd be far more for the fight than Parker has ever made.

The rest of it just gets funnier expecting Wilder to beat Joshua and to then give Parker a fight with an even split to the two of them, lol like that's ever going to happen and (even if it did) it probably wouldn't be worth as much as he's probably just be offered to fight AJ.

Wilder should try to fight Parker and take his belt for leverage over Joshua after.

Parker & his team need to get real

Without his belt Parker has nothing

He has the pulling power of an ant

An AJ fight would obliterate his current career high earnings

Posted this article in another thread, delusional doesn’t quite cut it.

Why are you bumping a thread that people posted in today?

Wants to get paid to get knocked out by Joshua. I dont see the problem.

70/30 and sign the fight imo.

I liked Hearn better when British boxing wasn't huge. Also, I will in no way support this opinion.

Wilder should try to fight Parker and take his belt for leverage over Joshua after.

Yeah, I like this. Be reasonable with the purse and get a shot at another title. One that Wilder can probably win.

Why, it irks you or something? I'm beginning to think you have an aspergers problem.
Is that based on your knowledge as a doctor or are you flinging an insult. I don't have aspergers and it's normally the last refuge of someone in the wrong to accuse people of things that aren't there.

23472982_2023185507820368_1617241035752222788_n.jpg

No champion would agree to an 80/20 split. It doesn't even matter whether that 20% is more money than a 50% with another fight. Fighters would refuse it on principal, and because they KNOW they hold a title belt and a unification fight is worth more money (to the A side) than some voluntary defense vs some bum.

Eddie Hearn is a joke for even considering starting off with a 20% offer. If he was serious he could have offered more than that, then settled for something like 65/35. But 20% is straight up disrespectful to a champion, and unsurprisingly they stopped negotiations outright.

Wants to get paid to get knocked out by Joshua. I dont see the problem.

70/30 and sign the fight imo.

70/30 is fair. Parker’s promoters not living in the real world.
And as if wilders team would give him a half share if he had 3 of the 4 belts? Wilders team should be chasing this fight if hearn can’t get it done. Would bring some parity to the negotiating table and Joshua vs wilder might even be an easier fight to make

70/30 is fair. Parker’s promoters not living in the real world.
And as if wilders team would give him a half share if he had 3 of the 4 belts? Wilders team should be chasing this fight if hearn can’t get it done. Would bring some parity to the negotiating table and Joshua vs wilder might even be an easier fight to make
Eh I think Joshuas handlers deserve some blame also. 20 is too low.

Back