Josh Rosenthal send Carwin's career to another path

lol, so I can't have an idea of who I think the best 5 fighters in a given division are because official rankings within a single promotion aren't based on wholly objective criteria and don't really mean a whole in terms of determining contenders for a single promotion's title? Cool.

I never said you cannot or more appropriately you should not have an idea of whose a top fighter in your mind. What I am saying is your opinion of Shane Carwin being not very good fight is full of fallacies based on your reasoning. He isn't very good because Carwin wasn't top 5 at the time in the world is essentially a retarded argument.

Here is a better statement to help you in the future: Shane Carwin may have won the title but in my opinion he wasn't the best HW in the world at that moment. So I believe if he did win the title, Carwin would've not been able to hold it for long, if at all, because there are better fighters in the UFC.

I buy my Sour D and Mr Nice Guy off of Rosenthal. So whatevs.

One of the greatest displays of referee judgement in the history of MMA. Lesnar immediately came back and proved Rosenthal correct; that he was never being seriously hurt by that flurry.

Rosenthal saw that in real time and there are still people who somehow still can't see it.

rumble-in-the-jungle-001.jpg
OHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im guessing except Josh Rosenthal , only Yamasaki would not stop that beating Carwin put on Lesnar in the first round.
I will always consider Carwin a former HW champion.

3 minutes in a turtle position is NOT intelligent defense.....

One of the greatest displays of referee judgement in the history of MMA. Lesnar immediately came back and proved Rosenthal correct; that he was never being seriously hurt by that flurry.

Rosenthal saw that in real time and there are still people who somehow still can't see it.

He didn't prove Rosenthal correct.....If you stop fighting back, you lose...If Lesnar wasn't hurt, why did he just lay there taking shots for 3 minutes....

Spending over half a round taking unanswered punches waiting for your opponent to get tired should not be a viable strategy in MMA.

Lesnar shouldn't have made it out of the first round.....

If Carwin knew that the ref and judges were in the bag for Lesnar.....he would have taken a step back.....let Lesnar get back up....and KOed him on the feet....

He wouldn't have drained his energy with 3 minutes of unanswered GnP if he knew that the ref would refuse to stop the fight unless Lesnar was unconscious....

Last edited:
I never said you cannot or more appropriately you should not have an idea of whose a top fighter in your mind. What I am saying is your opinion of Shane Carwin being not very good fight is full of fallacies based on your reasoning. He isn't very good because Carwin wasn't top 5 at the time in the world is essentially a retarded argument.

Here is a better statement to help you in the future: Shane Carwin may have won the title but in my opinion he wasn't the best HW in the world at that moment. So I believe if he did win the title, Carwin would've not been able to hold it for long, if at all, because there are better fighters in the UFC.

I'll stick with Carwin wasn't very good, because he really wasn't. Again, in the context, it's pretty clear that this means that Carwin wasn't very good relative to the elite HWs of his time. It's an arguable statement, but it's entirely within the boundaries of being reasonable.

He didn't prove Rosenthal correct.....If you stop fighting back, you lose...If Lesnar wasn't hurt, why did he just lay there taking shots for 3 minutes....

He didn't. Watch the fight again, but this time watch what Lesnar is doing, not what Carwin is doing.

So many shots missed.

brock-lesnar-o.gif

"Missed" but 99% of the time the ref will stop thefight simply because the fighter isnt trying to better his position or defend himself (other than turtling).

Carwin definitely got screwed and this was really a showcase of how limited Brock's game is

Back