Josh Barnett - Nectar Lombard beef explained

Doug and bugs

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Apparently, Hectar was well known to try and "break in" new guys to the gym by beating the ***t out of them, and ol' JB had enough and decided to stand up to him.

Hector's nectar or Josh Barnett's nectar? I'm so confused.

Josh is cool. Back in January 2006 or so here in Portlandia, I couldn't get U2 tickets for my girlfriend's birthday, and so I contacted Josh on MySpace and he sent her a birthday greeting and invited us up to Ballard, Wash. for beers. Saved my arse!

*Edit: It was December 2005.

Fuck Hector

LJrQL0.gif

why isn't josh fighting in rizin now? he was caught 14 months ago and he has no suspension yet....<3>...thanks u-s-a-d-a.....

I remember hearing Lombard was being a bully to smaller and less experienced fighters so in sparring Barnett pinned him down and wouldn't let him up until he promised to stop being a prick. Then later Lombard talked shit on the Internet.

Barnett is a cool dude. Used to be a regular on here. Also enjoy his announcing on New Japan.

Josh is cool. Back in January 2006 or so here in Portlandia, I couldn't get U2 tickets for my girlfriend's birthday, and so I contacted Josh on MySpace and he sent her a birthday greeting and invited us up to Ballard, Wash. for beers. Saved my arse!

*Edit: It was December 2005.
Did he bang your girlfriend too?

Yeah, heard this story a few years ago. Lombard's an ass in training from all accounts, and Barnett isn't the kind of guy who just backs down.

Seems like a good dude but man, I'm pretty sure he's legitimately insane.

Hector Lombard, quite possibly one of the biggest UFC busts and waste of money ever. Even lost to MW Hendricks.

<36>

Can't say I'm mad at them keeping him tho, enjoy seeing him get laid out.

Look at that ground control. Collect that nectar, Nectar!
image_2724e-Honeybee.jpg

Back