Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

The man who Mirko beat three times and failed three PED tests (last one he was exonerated for by USADA due to tainted supplements, so twice actually) , is claiming he ask to be released from UFC because he does not "trust" USADA. He pretty much is saying they took too long to investigate his case, around 15 months to stop his suspension and expunge it from his record.

Good luck in Japan Mr Barnett.

Peace
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/josh-barnett-ufc-release-usada-distrust

You're not citing a source, just because you kee saying it doesn't mean it's right.
“I’m not finished with it. I still have a lot within MMA that I want to do. There’s still a desire in me to go out and fight. I know that it is going to be a much smaller window for me in that there’s so many other things in my life. At the moment, I know the desire is there to compete, but the desire to structure my life around training camps and all that at the moment just isn’t there. I’ll get out there and spar and work with people, so it’s not as if I don’t train or still enjoy training – because I do very much – but to make that commitment in every way that’s necessary to compete in MMA, not yet. But it is still open.”
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/11/...not-retired-but-cant-make-full-commitment-mma

in the usada protoll when a fighter removes them selfs from the testing pool theyare not retired. just like brock lesner bj penn are listed on there darabase

maybe josh got the fire again to fight. now he free to do a lot more peds and fight in bellator or rizin

I tweeted Josh back and forth and he told me USADA is too invasive. USADA takes it too far, especially with someone with priors. Jon has 2 failed tests under USADA would have been 3 if he didn't hide under the cage for 8 hours. I get it though. Josh is 40. His career is winding down anyway.

Josh Barnett does not trust USADA .....

will find him free of banned substances.

Probably going back to Japan or somewhere where the competition is easier

He was still under contract? Didn´t even know

failed three PED tests (last one he was exonerated for by USADA due to tainted supplements, so twice actually)

Josh pissed hot three times pre-USADA: 2001 (Nevada), 2002 (Nevada) & 2009 (California)

He has done way better under USADA than under the A.C.'s

TIP: Don't get your juice tips from 70's pro-wrestlers

I don’t think the UFC will be as accommodating with Jon Jones because he’s too big of a draw.

It’s hard to take Josh’s criticisms of USADA seriously given his multiple failed drug tests prior to USADA.

Edit: I misread, I thought UFC had actually released him.

I don't blame him. This is one case USADA did fuck up. He proves a tainted supplement and they still suspend him 18 months? That's ridiculous.
I know he's a repeat prior offender but he'd kept a log and samples of everything he'd taken (as they're advised to) and they found it was a tainted product. He hadn't been irresponsible so there was no reason to punish him at all.

Always a fan of the babyfaced assassin/Warmaster!

I think he's still got some great fights left in him before he hangs them up. But, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I'm beginning to think it is.

What they did to the Baby Faced Assassin was awful.

I hope he sues the fuck out of them.
Especially these older fighters who are out of work for a long time then they are like, "you're right our bad" after the have a year off the already ending career.

I'd like to see him in Bellator. Meathead, Kongo, Uber Cro Cop...all interesting matchups. Maybe we can finally see the Fedor fight<Fedor23>

He'll just pop somewhere else. He may as well just do New Japan wrestling at this point.

Back