Joseph Parker's Opponent Erupts Over Late Hour Contract Changes

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The next opponent of WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker has launched an angry diatribe at the Kiwi's promotion team and local boxing journalists for "playing with him" ahead of Saturday's title fight.

Romanian brawler Razvan Cojanu, who has sparred with Parker in two separate training camps, will take on the 25-year-old in Manukau this weekend after being drafted in at late notice to replace the injured Hughie Fury. He and manager John Arthur let spray at reporters on Wednesday, complaining about alleged last-minute contract changes for the fight - primarily over the issue of rematches - and a lack of respect from media.

The 30-year-old Cojanu, who has won 16 of his 18 professional fights but never taken a major heavyweight scalp, insisted money wasn't the issue. Instead, he and Arthur were upset by the way promoters Duco Events had engaged in contract talks, allegedly demanding the insertion of additional rematch clauses after already agreeing terms. Cojanu was also incensed by what he felt was uninformed media coverage on his fight pedigree, with Parker the red-hot favourite to win by knockout.

The 202cm fighter pointed out his sparring history with Russian ex-champion Alexander Povetkin, which he said he dominated, as evidence of his bona fides. "You guys should go train once or twice for boxing," Cojanu told reporters. "After, throw dirt at the fighter - like with me. I never got anything for free in my life." - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/joseph-p...contract-changes--116224#sthash.I5QuZoFM.dpuf

Back