Joseph Parker wins purse bid against Hughie Fury for April 1 2017

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is bullshit. Now we have to wait until 4am or find out the results in the morning next day.

Boxing is a worldwide sport so this is going to happen. I don't really see how it's bullshit.

Anyway I'm not familiar with this Fury outside of just knowing he exists. Is he any good?

Hughie lacks power and is a bit of an arm puncher, but he also had some health issues.
That said, his footwork is pretty good and he moves pretty well for such a tall guy (‎6′ 6″), he has a good jab and he's not a bad body puncher, he could give Parker some problems. Hughie was just 21 years old when he clearly beat Rudenko, who IMO got robbed against Lucas Browne, he's not a huge star or someone who gets a ton of attention because of his power, but he's a good young boxer.

Boxing is a worldwide sport so this is going to happen. I don't really see how it's bullshit.

Anyway I'm not familiar with this Fury outside of just knowing he exists. Is he any good?

He's got good skills, far better than most of the top hws. Very good movement but lacks power. He's a good sized heavy as well, about 6ft6.
It is way too early for a title shot imo but he could outbox Parker, it's not necessarily a mismatch. I believe wilder tried to make this fight a year or so ago which tells you he's ranked somewhere in the top 40! He'll continue to improve and I think he'll be a top fighter in the next 4-5 years. I'd pick Parker now though

Edit; pretty much what hypetrainhipsta said!

Back