Joseph Parker v Hughie Fury....does anyone care?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
I was actually posting on another thread about this fight, and thought to myself...i wonder if it has actually already happened.

Apparantly it is scheduled in for later this month, but i have heard absolutely nothing mentioned at all.

Hughie Fury isnt a name in this country, and i was very surprised that it was being held over here, and would not be surprised in the slightest if it is called off due to them selling about 200 tickets for the fight.

There doesnt seem to be any plans to screen it either.

And the undercard that has been sort of announced, sounds like something that would take place in a leisure centre

Its fights like this that make me wonder what promoters like Hennessey and Warren do all day.

Saying that, Itll be a guaranteed snoozefest

I'm interested in it...
but for some reason I have this notion of Hughie as a guy who's backed out of a lot of big fights (compared to who he has fought). Maybe that isn't the case for him.

I'm interested in it...
but for some reason I have this notion of Hughie as a guy who's backed out of a lot of big fights (compared to who he has fought). Maybe that isn't the case for him.

This fight's been re-arranged. It was supposed to happen a couple months ago but the Furies didn't even leave the country after making a lot of noise.

It's tiresome to get upset about a fight that's sure to be a disappointing spectacle*, though, so I'm more "meh" than anything...

*: Parker's pretty shit, so either Hughie outboxes him or) more likely) Parker either mauls him to a points win or finds something he's not shown against any other decent opponent (i.e. actual fight-ending power). But I think it'll be ugly & painful to watch whatever happens.

Hughie used to fight very often. Stated he wanted to beat Tyson's record as youngest heavyweight to earn a title.

Then, he stopped fighting frequently.

Injuries?

I think Fury will edge out Parker in a points win but either one would get soundly beaten and stopped by the other titlists. It'll probably be on BT Sports.

Hughie used to fight very often. Stated he wanted to beat Tyson's record as youngest heavyweight to earn a title.

Injuries?

Nope.

Dope.

http://www.ukad.org.uk/news/article/UKAD-Statement-on-Tyson-and-Hughie-Fury

Still ongoing, a judgement is expected by the end of 2017 (!!!). They allowed Tyson to fight Wlad & Hughie to keep fighting despite all this, owing to... I dunno, some legalese bullshit.

I assume that if UKAD ever actually decide anything, then the lawyers will just say "Oh but they've served the ban retroactively" or something else that boggles the space-time continuum, like "Hughie didn't box professionally for the first 17 years of his life so we'll just count the ban as occurring during that time frame... But WATCH OUT Hughie, that means you've only got fifteen years' worth of adolescenct pre-banning left! Any future offences will be dealt with VERY HARSHLY."

Nope.

Dope.

Still ongoing, a judgement is expected by the end of 2017 (!!!). They allowed Tyson to fight Wlad & Hughie to keep fighting despite all this, owing to... I dunno, some legalese bullshit.

I assume that if UKAD ever actually decide anything, then the lawyers will just say "Oh but they've served the ban retroactively" or something else that boggles the space-time continuum, like "Hughie didn't box professionally for the first 17 years of his life so we'll just count the ban as occurring during that time frame... But WATCH OUT Hughie, that means you've only got fifteen years' worth of adolescenct pre-banning left! Any future offences will be dealt with VERY HARSHLY."

As in Mike Tyson, not Tyson Fury.

He wanted to beat Mike's record

Nope.

Dope.

For fck sake another cheating cunt! I thought it was injuries. This sport is a joke when it comes to dealing with PEDs

I think fury beats Parker in all honesty. I thought he looked a good prospect before he stopped fighting, and I think Parker is fairly average from what I've seen of him. Fury is the better boxer and will be the bigger guy as well

Injuries?
Oh that confused me for a moment thought u were talking about Fury winning the English national title cause that's still not even younger than Floyd winning the world HW title.(same way the noobs from the heavies lurkin will think I'm talking about mayweather)

I'm interested in the outcome but not exactly counting down the days. Parker is generally pretty good but I doubt he beats the top few guys. Still he will likely end up in a fight with one of them at some point here and I'd like to keep up with him leading up to that.

I was interested when this was originally scheduled.

Just checked to see what the ticket sales are like for this fight...even worse than i thought

Bear in mind, there is an entire outer row that hasnt sold a single ticket

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other...parkers-wbo-title-defence-against-hughie-fury

To add to the "hilarity" of the press conference shenanigans—which totally weren't premeditated. I mean, why would a fight of this magnitude & popularity need cheap fake hype?—Terry O'Connor has been replaced by another British ref, Marcus McDonnell.

O'Connor will now judge the fight.

Seriously. Only in fuckin' boxing could you complain about the impartiality of an official & get him removed, only to have them installed in a slot which could affect the fight even more.

Imagine if a US football team complained about a lineman & they said, okay, he can be the umpire.

Fuckin' madness.

Parker is fck* if this goes the distance, another bad/corrupt judging which I really think it would, a really boring fight coz of Fury..

I don't really see how Parker wins...Hughie likely becomes heavyweight champ.

I like Parker, but he's being set up to get screwed. Fight is in the U.K., they complained about the British ref, so they put in another British ref and made the first guy a judge!!! Parker needs to KO Hughie and I'm not sure he does it.

Talking of fuckin' shambles, here is today's UKAD statement regarding Hughie/Tyson's doping hearings:

https://www.ukad.org.uk/news/article/statement-relating-to-comments-made-by-mr-tyson-fury/

TL;DR bit to note:
All parties are currently awaiting a ruling from the NADP tribunal on an application made by the athletes to exclude certain evidence. Once that ruling is received, the matter will proceed to a hearing on the merits. UK Anti-Doping is currently pushing for dates to be fixed for that

What in the craven name of Satan's balls can the justification be for "an application made by the athletes to exclude certain evidence"?

Back