Joseph Parker earns #1 rank with WBO, Calls out #2 Joshua for fight to decide who gets title shot

Upchuck22

Account bet w/ BC 206 on Lesnar vs Hunt
Banned
Reaction score
The rising Kiwi's climb may be the first solid step towards a fight many boxing fans have been eager to see for some time now.

It is understood Parker does not automatically become the mandatory challenger to British belt holder Tyson Fury and would have to fight No 2 contender Joshua to determine who claims the right for a shot at the title.

"Anthony Joshua, I am now ranked number one in the WBO you are ranked number two," Parker said in a video released by promoters Duco Events. "Come to New Zealand to fight me for the number one (mandatory) position."

13848809.jpg
"Anthony I am not scared of you. You said when we get together someone is going to get knocked out. Guess what, It is not going to be me"

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sp...Joseph-Parker-rises-to-top-contender-with-WBO

Although Parker is #1 in the WBO rankings I can't see him convincing Joshua to go to New Zealand to fight. He probably could make more money and attract more attention fighting in the UK, US or even Europe next as long as he picks a reasonable opponent (which would include Parker obviously).

Does anyone who knows Parker better than I think he would be willing to hold the fight in the Uk or on neutral territory?

lol look who he's fought to be #1. Its almost as bad as WMMA

What a joke

This should become the new approach to stalling negotiations, having the higher ranked guy demand his challenger fight him in his own remote country.

Imagine GGG demanding everyone fight him in Khazakstan, Manny only fighting in Manilla, and Fury only taking fights held in trailer parks.

Imagine GGG demanding everyone fight him in Khazakstan, Manny only fighting in Manilla, and Fury only taking fights held in trailer parks.

Basically an arena of Borats. An arena of die hard fanatic pinoys. Or a crowd of drunk gypsies, with daggs running around and barking.

All sound amazing

Basically an arena of Borats. An arena of die hard fanatic pinoys. Or a crowd of drunk gypsies, with daggs running around and barking.

All sound amazing

I will say, I kinda wish modern boxers were more willing to fight in remote locations on a regular basis. It's crazy to think that two of the most famous fights of all time were held in the Philippines and the current Democratic Republic of Congo.

Vegas is fine, but it's so boring at this point. I really like what Top Rank and PBC have done by putting their fighters in showcase fights in their hometowns. I like when Crawford and Wilder fight in their hometowns, it creates an awesome atmosphere.

I will say, I kinda wish modern boxers were more willing to fight in remote locations on a regular basis. It's crazy to think that two of the most famous fights of all time were held in the Philippines and the current Democratic Republic of Congo.

Vegas is fine, but it's so boring at this point. I really like what Top Rank and PBC have done by putting their fighters in showcase fights in their hometowns. I like when Crawford and Wilder fight in their hometowns, it creates an awesome atmosphere.

Would have loved for JMM to have had a 5th fight vs pac in stadium aztecA

Parker - AJ is a top match IMO. AJ has fought at a higher class, but Parker seems like a talented young HW. Either way, this fight helps to clear the picture at HW up a little. This would do good numbers on PPV in both the UK and NZ (and probably Aus by default).

Parker - AJ is a top match IMO. AJ has fought at a higher class, but Parker seems like a talented young HW. Either way, this fight helps to clear the picture at HW up a little. This would do good numbers on PPV in both the UK and NZ (and probably Aus by default).
i think thats why parker wants the fight in NZ, soo he can have Burger king sponser it and get a % of ppv buys, he's probably thinking he'd sell more in NZ, but he could just make a 50/50 deal and fight AJ in the UK and make twice as much money, i'm a kiwi and think JP has a solid chance at beating AJ but the money fight would be in the UK IMO.

Joseph Parker = Jimmy Thunder

He looks like he has skills... but he's also untested. I need to see him tested.

Calls someone out, then demands that they fly half way around the world to where he lives for the fight.

I am less than impressed with Parker. Joshua knocks him out early if the fight happens. Explain to me how his porous defense and lack of technique make him a bigger threat than Dillian Whyte.

The division needs to ferment a while before they start letting the names fight each other.

Well, insisting on NZ shows it hot air, getting their names associated is a good move though.

The division needs to ferment a while before they start letting the names fight each other.

That's kind of what I think, though I do want to see this fight happen. Hard to tell how good Parker is so far, the only real name he's beaten is Kali Meehan and he's mid 40s now.

Both are good fighters, I think Joshua is the better athlete considering his Olympic career, but Parker is no joke either. I think it's time for both to have a career-defining moment where they are both truly tested.

Back