Banned
Banned
Reaction score
robot21s-1-web.jpg

✔@JoseCanseco

Robots will not attack and kill us physically like in the movies

Jose Canseco

✔@JoseCanseco

For 60 years Robots have been systematically destroying us in clandestine economy based war started when eniac was turned on

✔@JoseCanseco

Already today a fully robotized factory reduces human jobs 90% and increases production 250% and reduces defects 80% while doubling profit
Jose Canseco

✔@JoseCanseco

Robots control every industry our food supply our transportation systems our health care and education systems EVERYTHING

✔@JoseCanseco

robots are stealing our jobs bringing economic ruin to us human by human starving us to death one by one
Jose Canseco

✔@JoseCanseco

All that will be left is uber technical humans trained to service robots.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...humans-crush-robot-uprising-article-1.2977601

Thoughts? I think he's onto something. Other great names have warned about the same thing: Hawking, Musk, etc.

Robotics will make having jobs a thing of the past, but that will be a good thing. We'll become a much more creative society from it.

Also just an excellent headline in this thread lol

Jose_Canseco said:
Robots will not attack and kill us physically like in the movies
The fuck they won't.

The Robot / Human Violence rates are off the damn charts!

I remember being slightly inebriated sitting in the left field bleachers at a Brewer's game back at the old Milwaukee County Stadium and hurling quite a bit of verbal abuse at this guy...

And now I feel kind of bad about that since he's taking the lead on this important issue.

I think Musk and Elon were more focused on controlling the paradox of strong AI -- not general.

Also, some of those tweets are prop robot -- higher production with lower defects in good means a better and cheaper product.

He also says robots will not kill us like in the movies -- which is good...albeit boring.

say what you will about the guy, but he still possesses the most bad-ass home run in baseball history:

Robotics will make having jobs a thing of the past, but that will be a good thing. We'll become a much more creative society from it.

Also just an excellent headline in this thread lol

Robots will easily be more creative than humans can be.

Also, is a society of starving artists living off of charity from robot overlords really what you want?

This is a very serious problem on the horizon, bit worrying no main stream politicians are really talking about it.

still sour about his loss to the techno-goliath

Jose+Canseco+Jose+Canseco+v+Choi+Hong+mam+8WljSZSzcs0l.jpg

robots should be in every restaurant

Holy shit, who would have thought Canseco would prove such a capable political satirist.

I am glad people are reading what he is posting and not making fun of his comments. He is right on all accounts he is also joining Mark Cuban with a similar message about robot workers. Mark Cuban called out Trump on industries use of robots in production.

This has the greatest impact in 3rd world countries where companies will just end producing products there and have robots manufacture it in the US. You will only need a staff of around a 100 to repair and replace the thousands of robots used in production. This is going to be really bad in Countries where there is no work outside of clothing manufacturing and technology manufacturing. Heck Apple even has an ad where they are bragging about how they have a robot to take apart phones and collect the dangerous materials from the reusable parts.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ise-robots-and-their-effect-us-jobs/98155374/

Back