Jose Aldo's legkicks are so overrated

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
he literally had one fight where his legkicks had visible effects (urijah faber)

Conor McDavid is not overrated. He literally played two seasons and won a Hart Trophy.

He's the trooof.

"Visible effect"...? Lol
What about the mental effect? Leg kicks don't have to make a guy totally unable to walk to be effective

Everything about Aldo has been overrated ever since WEC got dissolved.

Nope just underused. He used plenty before and they were effective. Especially during his WEC and early UFC days.

Faber just withstood them most, but was hurt the most by them at the same time.

Seems like his leg kicks were more efficient with a smaller wec cage.

TS is correct. Aldo has not used leg kicks effectively since the the first Frankie fight in 2013. He dominated in other areas but not so much with leg kicks.

TS is correct. Aldo has not used leg kicks effectively since the the first Frankie fight in 2013. He dominated in other areas but not so much with leg kicks.

Actually he brutalized Lamas with them back in 2014

I'll have to re-watch the Lamas fight. I remember Aldo dominating, do not remember the leg kicks.

Nope just underused. He used plenty before and they were effective. Especially during his WEC and early UFC days.

Faber just withstood them most, but was hurt the most by them at the same time.
He stopped using them after he broke his foot

He never healed enough to put the power he used to in to em so he changed up his game, but kicking was by far his best weapon, so needless to say without em he is what he is today

Probably a McGregory fan and some of Aldo's comments about Conor rubs them the wrong way. Aldo to me looks like his drive and determination are gone because remember not all if any fighter actually likes fighting regardless of what they say. After the money starts coming in one would have to think that it would get harder to get out of bed already hurting and go to the gym to get your ass whooped because the only to improve is to fight somebody either better or different than you. That is the only thing about Floyd mayweather I like and that is his passion because he is filthy rich and has been a long time but he still puts that work in. with close to a billion in the bank. He has more money than he can spend and still workin like he has nothing.

Just my opinion, the hunger is lost under dollar bills.

He hasnt used them effectively in a fight in years. I have no idea why certain posters keep insisting they will play a factor in every fight.

Against Conor: leg kicks will be the difference

Against Max: leg kicks will be the difference!

Give it up people.

He stopped using them after he broke his foot

He never healed enough to put the power he used to in to em so he changed up his game, but kicking was by far his best weapon, so needless to say without em he is what he is today
This is true but it was also the fact he kept getting wrestlers to fight. His TDD became his biggest defense but he did everything for it.

Even forsaken his low kicks for it.

This is true but it was also the fact he kept getting wrestlers to fight. His TDD became his biggest defense but he did everything for it.

Even forsaken his low kicks for it.
Ya but even in fights he couldve used them he hasnt, kicking vs Holloway wouldve been great, but there's just no way he can do it these days

He has great leg kicks, but last few fights he has not used his leg kicks and i don't know why, its a very good weapon he has.

Ya but even in fights he couldve used them he hasnt, kicking vs Holloway wouldve been great, but there's just no way he can do it these days
I heard he had a leg injury. But I agree, hell I was hoping he'd use them against Holloway. He'd probably still be champion.

Back