Jose Aldo's Career > Conor's Career

Alvarez was only a TKO, and Aldo got rocked by a fluke punch and BJM's knee officially KTFO A ldo.

A TKO is still a knockout and Conor McGregor has power, the punch did what it was supposed to do, nothing flukey about it.

It's almost as if Jose Aldo's entire UFC career has been against hardened title contenders instead of Dennis Siver and Marcus Brimage.

giphy.gif

Lol Conor has 3 finishes in 3 title fights

Aldo is much better. McNugget is a jerkoff who has benefited from luck, favoritism, and good timing. He got lucky his punch KOd Aldo. He was given favoritism in his 'run' to both belts. He was given favoritism in being aloud to hold the FW belt for as long as he did while he was taking fights at 155+ while his intentions to never go back down were known. He was given favoritism in being aloud to not face Aldo again. He benefited from good timing in the sense that Eddie fucking Alvarez, literally the best matchup ever for Conor, was the LW champ at the time. Dude is a farce and will be exposed as soon as he takes another non-Diaz fight (assuming he doesn't continue ducking top competition)

doesn't really matter. Nor does money generated, nor do knockouts really. Sorry that your lame argument doesn't really amount to much, try with someone else.
So in a FOR PROFIT business, where unless profit flows the owners will shut the doors down, money generated does not matter? Let me guess these guys are fighting for honor and stuff right not for money? Money generated matters more than anything else because if you are not generating money the promoter will kick your ass to the curb. This is not a charity its a business.

Aldo is much better. McNugget is a jerkoff who has benefited from luck, favoritism, and good timing. He got lucky his punch KOd Aldo. He was given favoritism in his 'run' to both belts. He was given favoritism in being aloud to hold the FW belt for as long as he did while he was taking fights at 155+ while his intentions to never go back down were known. He was given favoritism in being aloud to not face Aldo again. He benefited from good timing in the sense that Eddie fucking Alvarez, literally the best matchup ever for Conor, was the LW champ at the time. Dude is a farce and will be exposed as soon as he takes another non-Diaz fight (assuming he doesn't continue ducking top competition)
"Lucky" is practicing the exact move you hit someone with 30 minutes before the fight.....There is footage of Conor hitting that exact left hook in the locker room before the fight. That is not luck that is skill and knowing your opponent.

"Lucky" is practicing the exact move you hit someone with 30 minutes before the fight.....There is footage of Conor hitting that exact left hook in the locker room before the fight. That is not luck that is skill and knowing your opponent.

Its pretty much Conors go to move, he would practice it in the locker room against any fighter. And not just his go to move but a very common move as well, you can probably see any counter striker practice that move before a fight. The lucky part is that he successfully landed on his first try with good accuracy and never had to see if he can actually fight succesfully against aldo. If they fought 10 times Conor would not be able to do this again so fast, it was lucky but given enough time he could replicate it in a fight. Its called a "puncher's chance" but we can all say Conor could have stood for his own even if that puncher's chance didnt come to fruition.

When it comes to MMA, Jose has more accomplishments. Sure I could list them but you all know what Jose has done in this sport.

What has Conor done???

-Fought midgets half his size at 145 and dehydrated himself to near death to avoid fighting people his own size (conor is a champion weightcutter)

-got tapped lick a chicken at WW (i guess no robbie lawler fight lol)

-Majority decision against a lightweight gatekeepr who he looked sloppy against... bad fight for both fighters

-Then in his LW title fight, yup, that's right, the luck o' the irish strikes again and Eddie is half the size of Conor and yet again Conor picking on smaller fighters. All strategically setup by Dana White Im sure to gove Conor the best possible chance at a 2nd belt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2 division champ bullshit was manufactured and if you can't see that you are blind. Conor did not earn a 2nd title shot. He is not truly the champ. Just being friends with the promoter and cutting in line to fight a favorable matchup is not how you become champ. You don't become champ by sucking the boss' dick but yet that is what McGoober fans call a champ. McGoober has 0 title defenses. Even Bisping has defended his title (lol).

Anyways Sherdog I am back after a long hiatus and I made this thread in response to all the stupidity I see on here. You bozos haven't changed :*)
And yet, that complete scrub Conor fucking shitwrecked the almighty overrated Aldo with one punch.

You should have stayed away, if this is the quality of your posts.

Its pretty much Conors go to move, he would practice it in the locker room against any fighter. And not just his go to move but a very common move as well, you can probably see any counter striker practice that move before a fight. The lucky part is that he successfully landed on his first try with good accuracy and never had to see if he can actually fight succesfully against aldo. If they fought 10 times Conor would not be able to do this again so fast, it was lucky but given enough time he could replicate it in a fight. Its called a "puncher's chance" but we can all say Conor could have stood for his own even if that puncher's chance didnt come to fruition.
................anything to discredit that win I guess. It was not just the left hook. he practicing the exact angle, movement and timing of THAT EXACT HOOK.

So in a FOR PROFIT business, where unless profit flows the owners will shut the doors down, money generated does not matter? Let me guess these guys are fighting for honor and stuff right not for money? Money generated matters more than anything else because if you are not generating money the promoter will kick your ass to the curb. This is not a charity its a business.

no... it doesn't matter in terms of ATG discussions.

................anything to discredit that win I guess. It was not just the left hook. he practicing the exact angle, movement and timing of THAT EXACT HOOK.

Not discrediting the win, just saying he got lucky to land so early with a KO result. If you look at Conors highlight reels he does that hook with similar movement a lot. His skills arent luck but executing and landing on first try is lucky. Because on average he would not land on first try and would probably get some strikes from Aldo in-between hindering his abilities more. The longer a fight progresses the more the scale tips over to the more well-rounded Aldo. But not very much as even a tired conor can still be dangerous. You can put an amateur boxer in the ring against a world champion in MMA who then proceeds to KO the champion with his first punch in 13 seconds. It would be lucky because if the fight went over a minute the MMA fighter would most likely destroy the boxer. Conor is that boxer but with great other MMA abilities that make him not get destroyed if he fails to execute on first try.

You cant be serious. You call Conor a more successfull MMA fighter than Anderson Silva? Wtf fans these days.
well he is technically, he's found more success in his profession. idk if you're aware but the point of a job is to make money. theyre entertainers. his record is less impressive maybe. but he is more successful

Jose Aldo- 9 title defenses and counting, top 3 P4P GOAT

Conor McGregor- 0 title defenses, top 20 P4P GOAT

Need I say more?

Conor moved up and won the belt.. Beat Jose, and made probably 20 times more money than Aldo.

Yesh Aldo has had the better career. Derrp

well he is technically, he's found more success in his profession. idk if you're aware but the point of a job is to make money. theyre entertainers. his record is less impressive maybe. but he is more successful

Yeah, I guess one has to choose a point of view when talking about success. Theres the success of making money and the success of being a fighter. In the fighting game Silva is clearly more successful but as an entertainer, Conor takes the crown. Fighting and entertaining can be thought as synonymous though so the crown can be given to either one in my opinion.

It's hard for me to say who has the better career, given they have pursued such different careers with such different goals, although Aldo has the clear edge in resume.

Aldo has asserted dominance over his division for a decade, with the exception of McGregor of course. Whether his punch was lucky or skill is completely immaterial; it was humiliating. After that loss, Aldo went right back to the grind and looked very good against Frankie. His goal is very conventional: to continue to add more and more defenses, which is a challenging achievement. He has established himself as one of the MMA greats.

For McGregor, every fight is a step stool to something bigger. For him, a title is a means to an end and not something to be maintained. His detractors are right to point out that he has no intention of defending belts. I think they are wrong to think that it is all that matters. The FW belt was a massive feather in his cap, but beating Aldo was more important than the belt itself. His next immediate goal was the lightweight belt, and when RDA bailed out, he turned a humiliating loss against Nate into an intriguing pair of fights. He clowned Alvarez, and people trying to downplay Alvarez are being stupid. Beating Melendez, Pettis, and RDA in a row is extremely impressive, even if you think the fights were boring. It's one of the best three fight win streaks in LW history.

And however one views Mayweather-McGregor as a potential fight, it shows how far McGregor is willing to push any leverage his wins earn him to look for the biggest fights possible. It's a completely different career strategy than that employed by Aldo.

I would add that GSP seems to have transferred his view from the conventional route to a more McGregoresque route. It is hard for me to believe he intends to defend the MW belt if he wins it, though I could be wrong. I think he will take the win, if he wins, to set up the biggest and most rewarding fight available to him.

When it comes to MMA, Jose has more accomplishments. Sure I could list them but you all know what Jose has done in this sport.

What has Conor done???

-Fought midgets half his size at 145 and dehydrated himself to near death to avoid fighting people his own size (conor is a champion weightcutter)

-got tapped lick a chicken at WW (i guess no robbie lawler fight lol)

-Majority decision against a lightweight gatekeepr who he looked sloppy against... bad fight for both fighters

-Then in his LW title fight, yup, that's right, the luck o' the irish strikes again and Eddie is half the size of Conor and yet again Conor picking on smaller fighters. All strategically setup by Dana White Im sure to gove Conor the best possible chance at a 2nd belt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2 division champ bullshit was manufactured and if you can't see that you are blind. Conor did not earn a 2nd title shot. He is not truly the champ. Just being friends with the promoter and cutting in line to fight a favorable matchup is not how you become champ. You don't become champ by sucking the boss' dick but yet that is what McGoober fans call a champ. McGoober has 0 title defenses. Even Bisping has defended his title (lol).

Anyways Sherdog I am back after a long hiatus and I made this thread in response to all the stupidity I see on here. You bozos haven't changed :*)

What the hell are you talking about? Conor erased Jose's Aldo legacy and accomplishments and took them from him and made them Conor's all at the same time in 13 seconds. I don't think any of his accomplishments can be seen as his own now, they now belong to Conor as side dishes or dipping sauces to the legacy Conor built for himself.

Last edited:
Back