Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

Have this fight main event

Hell yeah. Really fun fight. And now that Aldo isn't protecting his belt he might actually show up the first time it's scheduled.

Aldo wrecks him if he's not completely shot.

i could see this going to a decision, and a contested one at that. both have some close decisions on their record. (having said that, I'm leaning towards a stephens KO...)

dont have faith in aldo's chin, but he's a lot more technical than stephens, who had trouble with strikers like Cub and Edgar.

on the flip side Aldo's slowed down and might not be able to recover against any of stephens bombs.

i think it's a great fight to see where both fighters are at.
all of aldo decisions in the ufc were unanimous and from when I started watched since chad 1 he never had a close decision

Aldo by decision imo.

Don't think it's a good fight to make, give Stephens that TS or give him someone else he can crucify like that super boy or whatever that hype job name is.
U mean Korean super boy?

Stephens knocked him out a few months ago

an excellent test to gauge where Aldo is these days...while a win over Aldo would be HUGE for Stephens, putting him right into the title picture.

tough to call. what have those losses to Max taken out of Aldo? how does Stephens handle a big step up in competition (and potentially in Brazil)?

if Aldo goes back to pressuring with diverse striking that includes a lot of leg kicks, I think he at least wins a decision...but if he is tentative and more one-dimensional, then I think Stephens finds Aldo's chin at some point.

I still wish Aldo would move up to 155...the cut to 145 seems pretty brutal for him.

U mean Korean super boy?

Stephens knocked him out a few months ago
Yea sorry I meant like someone like super boy again.

Give him another high light reel KO fight or give him the TS after Ortega.

Maybe have him on stand by for holloway/Ortega?

Yea sorry I meant like someone like super boy again.

Give him another high light reel KO fight or give him the TS after Ortega.

Maybe have him on stand by for holloway/Ortega?
I would just have him wreck Elkins

Awesome fight & makes sense, would've rathered Aldo move up but i'll watch this for sure.

Aldo just wants to finish his contract as quickly as possible, specially if he can fight in Rio, so he's calling out a guy who's known to fight anybody.
But the obvious fight for the next TS is Elkins vs Stephens.

Aldo could fight KZ again, who KOed Bermudez on his return.

Fuuuuuck no!!!

Being a huge Aldo no just no he has no chin left and Jeremy is on a roll.

Aldo needs to retire not fight a hungry guy in his prime who is arguably the hardest hitter in the division.

all of aldo decisions in the ufc were unanimous and from when I started watched since chad 1 he never had a close decision
correct, but I guess you could say the Edgar fights were "close" or at least fairly competitive. prior to that yes, he usually dominated

and that Chad/Aldo fight was glorious. one of the best fights of the year iirc. pretty sure it took years off both their careers.

is KZ officially serving his mandatory military service in Korea/out for two years?

i miss that guy.

I love Aldo, but he will be the victim of a TKO. Dude is shop-worn and way past his prime. He's young in age, ancient in fight years. Stephens has had a lot of fights, but now seems to be hitting his peak.

Back