Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

Stephens should be lobbying for the title shot or the loser of the title shot. If he takes this he wins by KTFO STIFF in 1 round.

I do like this match up but when Aldo wins, where does he go? Where does Stephens go? Aldo is nowhere near another shot a Max and realistically shouldn't fight him again. Nothing left to say after the first 2 fights. Stephens is clearly #2 behind Ortega. If he loses to Aldo, that creates a decent log jam as to who fights max next, especially with Edgar just getting finished.

It's a fun fight and there's other talent at 145 but a Stephens loss would create quite the cluster fuck imo
agreed, but what other matchups are there to make for Stephens or Aldo? I guess you could throw Emmet against Aldo, or Stephens and Edgar, but seeing as how Emmet and Edgar both got brutally KO'ed, this is the matchup that makes the most sense, and is definitely a fun fight for the fans

Either Aldo wins a clear decision, or Stephens knocks him out.

Those are the only two options lol

Aldo should win confortably. Stephens doesn't bring enough pressure to make Aldo gas. Dude lost to Moicano quite recently.

Unless Aldo's chin is gone, which didn't look like so against Holloway. Of if Stephens lands a big bomb.

5 round fight I'd back Stevens as his cardio and chin are so good he can finish a tired aldo late in the fight

3 rounds 30-27 aldo by being a much more technical striker

Stephens by KO maybe Aldo by Dec

Imagine a world where Jeremy Stephens has wins over Barao and Aldo

Yeah I hope he takes the fight instead of waiting after Hollowsy vs Ortega.

Either Aldo wins a clear decision, or Stephens knocks him out.

Those are the only two options lol
i could see this going to a decision, and a contested one at that. both have some close decisions on their record. (having said that, I'm leaning towards a stephens KO...)

dont have faith in aldo's chin, but he's a lot more technical than stephens, who had trouble with strikers like Cub and Edgar.

on the flip side Aldo's slowed down and might not be able to recover against any of stephens bombs.

i think it's a great fight to see where both fighters are at.

If Holloway managed to knock Jose down, Jeremy might put him down and out.

If they make it, I'm pulling for Jeremy. Pointless matchup though as it could potentially eliminate a contender if Jose wins, considering he most likely has a ways to go for another title shot.

Really? If Ortega wins the belt, who would you want him to face before Aldo?

i could see this going to a decision, and a contested one at that. both have some close decisions on their record. (having said that, I'm leaning towards a stephens KO...)

dont have faith in aldo's chin, but he's a lot more technical than stephens, who had trouble with strikers like Cub and Edgar.

on the flip side Aldo's slowed down and might not be able to recover against any of stephens bombs.

i think it's a great fight to see where both fighters are at.

I agree, the reason why I said those are the two options is because like you said Aldo is much more technical. I would imagine he wins pretty easily by landing more and avoiding big shots, unless he gets caught by a bomb and like you said I'm not sure his chin can recover from a big shot if Stephens happens to land one.

Predicted this fight.

Emmett dropped Stephens, Aldo will KO him. And I'm not an Aldo fan. I think he'll never be champ again but I'm happy he'll get rid of this stupid Stephens pushed hype train by the UFC.

Aldo by decision imo.

Don't think it's a good fight to make, give Stephens that TS or give him someone else he can crucify like that super boy or whatever that hype job name is.

Back