Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

It seems like Aldo lost his confidence after his losses (all were by KOs), which is understandable considering he went undefeated for a very long time.

Physically, he declined, too, due to his injuries and age, but in my opinion, the decline is also mentally.

lol what a boring post

So, losing only to Conor and Max now is equal to going to mma graveyard???? ok.
Let's revisit this question in 2019. If Aldo is still kicking it with the top fighters in the division then I'll hold my hands up.

Why are people talking like Stephens is the boogeyman all of a sudden? I’ve seen him lose what feels like a million times.

Good fight. It wouldn't be suicide for Aldo, he's still a great fighter if if he get's his mindset good.

Why are people talking like Stephens is the boogeyman all of a sudden? I’ve seen him lose what feels like a million times.
alot of people have a hard time remembering shit? Jeremy has lost alot especially when his opponents fight smart and just try to out point him like Max, Cub, or Guillard or when they wrestle fuck him like Pettis, Edgar, or Tibau. It is when other fighters try to go toe to toe with him that he catches them or they get lazy and get caught with something and they either get stopped or they spend the rest of the fight fighting scared. There really isn't that much fights where Jeremy has looked bad other then the Yves and Cerrone fights. Even in fights like with RDA and Davis where he's getting beat in every round he lands something and finishes the fight. I feel Aldo can out point him with ease there is just the chance Aldo gets caught in an exchange or he gasses in the 3rd round of a 5rd fight and Jeremy wins.

Aldo only has a punchers chance

Losing to McGregor and Holloway means you should hang up the gloves? Ok...

Yes but he has looked better in the past few fights than he has ever looked honestly. He's hitting his stride. I guess because his style didn't rely as much on speed and mainly brute power he's been able to work on technique and improve. Which he has.

Im not saying I'd favor him vs Jose still, but he has a realistic shot at winning.

Anyone heard the rumours of Jose Aldo fancying himself against "That guy" at a possible UFC224 bout?

I read this quote from the Brazilian earlier today, “I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight,” Aldo said. “I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

This declaration of war has car crash written all over it. Jeremy Stephens is on his way back to top form and Aldo has already passed him on the way down to the mma graveyard.

I'm actually worried about the mental state of Aldo if he's set on mixing it up with Stephens. Ever since receiving a humiliating lesson against Conor McGregor he hasn't looked like a contender. I give Aldo one round before the ref steps in. Stephens wins this any day of the week.

Who's your money on for this one?
Aldo is still the same fighter physically. I think Conor really did a number on him mentally. Aldo's decline since that loss has made me wonder. He's still young enough to take a solid leave from the game. Gives him time to recover both mentally and physically. I think there's still fight left in him. From his perspective, he's not used to losing. He wants to get back out there asap. I'd be a little cautious in who I chose to fight. In my next fight, I wouldn't face a good striker. I think that's very dangerous for him. Another loss right out of the gate will make things super hard on him. We've seen guys bounce back though. I'm also convinced sometimes you just needs to switch camps. Case in point: Arlovski.

How does losing to a big brick layer in Connor and one of the best p4p fighters in his current prime(Holloway) make Aldo delusional/washed? Until I see him lose to a caliber of guys below him like Barao he is still elite

Yes but he has looked better in the past few fights than he has ever looked honestly. He's hitting his stride. I guess because his style didn't rely as much on speed and mainly brute power he's been able to work on technique and improve. Which he has.

Im not saying I'd favor him vs Jose still, but he has a realistic shot at winning.

He’s had favorable matchups lately. Melendez is washed. Choi is a defensive pourous fighter who is happy to stand and bang. Emmet is a fringe top 15 fighter with power hooks. Aldo is a class above all those guys

Anyone heard the rumours of Jose Aldo fancying himself against "That guy" at a possible UFC224 bout?

I read this quote from the Brazilian earlier today, “I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight,” Aldo said. “I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

This declaration of war has car crash written all over it. Jeremy Stephens is on his way back to top form and Aldo has already passed him on the way down to the mma graveyard.

I'm actually worried about the mental state of Aldo if he's set on mixing it up with Stephens. Ever since receiving a humiliating lesson against Conor McGregor he hasn't looked like a contender. I give Aldo one round before the ref steps in. Stephens wins this any day of the week.

Who's your money on for this one?

How many other people in his weight class could beat frankie Edgar and only lose to the champ?

Back