Jose Aldo Update: Now Wants To Retire From MMA

Left is Christine, right is Maureen. You posted Christine. I am right, you are not.
brady-bunch-movie-taylor-vs-mccormick.jpg

Come get your trophy bro

il_214x170.1068294235_ahai.jpg

The likeness is uncanny?

Sad its happening like this. Plus Aldo gets no respect. Look at most replies in this very topic? Ok Aldo has been salty about his brutal ko loss but he was a fucking great champion, now he gets no respect, kind of sickening.

This post pretty much sums it up
he WAS salty as fuck, something about the way conor succeed and he fail simoultanesly in their fight and in their ufc careers.

I like Aldo a lot, I was screaming to the tv like a mofo when he was koed.. but he took all of this mc gregor gate very very bad.

Salty, in denial, shock

He should have punched conor in the face during those filmings.. and, of course, DW was a piece of trash and backed up the bullying non stop.

I always rooted for brazilians fighters, but damn are they salty as fuck.

Anyway, i hope Aldo gets what he wants, hes been a hell of a fighter

Title-shots have been entirely dictated by money for 16 years? Is that why Aldo and GSP were such long-reigning champions?

It's never been this bad, and there's been a semblance of sport for a while now that many hoped would fully take precedent. This news is telling us it's going in the opposite direction.

It's cool that you're into a UFC that'd give us CM Punk vs nobody before it gives us #1 vs #2 title fights. But fans of MMA aren't.

You have no idea what you're talking about, at all.

Yes, title shots have been dictated entirely by money for at least 16 years.

"A semblance of a sport for awhile now" - you mean when Lesnar got a title shot at 1-1 in the UFC, 2 - 1 in MMA? Or back further when they gave Randy a title shot against Timmy, even though his last fight was a loss at LHW?

Or should we go back even further than that, when Fedor was fighting guys like Zuluzinho? How about when Pride was putting on all manner of freakshow fights, or giving Sakuarba three shots against Wanderlei when he was KO'd brutally each time? What about when they gave BJ Penn a title shot at WW against Hughes even though his last fight had been a loss, or what about Ken Shamrock's title shot vs Tito Ortiz?

You pick the era. We'll start from whenever you want, and I will school you some more, on how title shots in every organization all throughout MMA history have been based on making the biggest money fight possible. It is ONLY when a bigger money maker of a fight cannot be made, that "the most deserving in spite of his inability to sell tickets" type person gets a title shot. That is how the sport has always worked, at least since UFC 16, possibly sooner but earlier UFC were more of a mess.

Last edited:
You have no idea what you're talking about, at all.

Yes, title shots have been dictated entirely by money for at least 16 years.

"A semblance of a sport for awhile now" - you mean when Lesnar got a title shot at 1-1 in the UFC, 2 - 1 in MMA? Or back further when they gave Randy a title shot against Timmy, even though his last fight was a loss at LHW?

No, let's go back to every instance of a #2 ranked fighter fighting a champion, not selective instances. The end.

Or should we go back even further than that, when Fedor was fighting guys like Zuluzinho? How about when Pride was putting on all manner of freakshow fights, or giving Sakuarba three shots against Wanderlei when he was KO'd brutally each time? What about when they gave BJ Penn a title shot at WW against Hughes even though his last fight had been a loss, or what about Ken Shamrock's title shot vs Tito Ortiz?

You pick the era. We'll start from whenever you want, and I will school you some more, on how title shots in every organization all throughout MMA history have been based on making the biggest money fight possible. It is ONLY when a bigger money maker of a fight cannot be made, that "the most deserving in spite of his inability to sell tickets" type person gets a title shot. That is how the sport has always worked, at least since UFC 16, possibly sooner but earlier UFC were more of a mess.

What the fuck are you bringing up pride for?! Did you recently lose your ADD meds?

I'm glad you find joy in money driven spectacle that caters to the dumbest dollar it can find. But I'm an MMA fan. So I feel differently.

What's to talk about DW? When it comes to the word's that come out of Dana's mouth, like the old saying goes, talk is cheap. Jose is very clearly tired of White's bullshit and I don't blame him.

Conor said that he was going to end him after they fight.

And he was right, again.

You can't doubt what Conor says. Almost everything is true. He has something on him. A power that we don't know.

You mean how he said he was going to finish Dennis Siver in the first, knock out or choke out Nate Diaz in the first round in the first fight or knock out Nate Diaz in the second round in the second fight? <36><{cruzshake}>

lol no likes in 18 posts? try harder whitebelt

Do you live in a cyber world? I do not post to get likes. On the contrary, I post to put forward my views and do not really care if somebody likes or dislikes them. Life did not begin when you signed up for Sherdog. My view is here and you can not do anything about it.

Do you live in a cyber world? I do not post to get likes. On the contrary, I post to put forward my views and do not really care if somebody likes or dislikes them. Life did not begin when you signed up for Sherdog.
are you actually attempting to make a point cumbelt? Im starting to understand how you havent recieved even 1 like since tuesday

are you actually attempting to make a point cumbelt? Im starting to understand how you havent recieved even 1 like since tuesday

I do not care about likes. Go and learn some grammar and spelling. When you have successfully learnt how to articulate yourself then come forward with your rhetoric.

I do not care about likes. Go and learn some grammar and spelling. When you have successfully learnt how to articulate yourself then come forward with your rhetoric.
I meant about the actual topic ya goof....... like were you trying to make any actual point when you originally quoted me? or were you just trying to "make yourself feel better about your life"?

I meant about the actual topic ya goof....... like were you trying to make any actual point when you originally quoted me? or were you just trying to "make yourself feel better about your life"?

What actually lead me to inject sarcasm in my response was a premise. This premise was your statement which I knew upon reading that it lacked conclusive evidence. How did you rationally conclude Jose Aldo is ducking Max Holloway ? Your arguments must be objective and not subjective.

This is what I heard too. I have also heard he was planning to move up to 155? What is your view on the veracity of this?

I think that he is making moves to make a lot of money... if mcgregor loses to Eddie than mcgregor goes back down to 145 and fights holloway or frankie, dana will be begging aldo to come back

How many times has a ufc champion moved up to challenge the champion of the next weight division without defending his own belt a single time? Serious question.

Back