Jose Aldo releases a statement after the UFC 218 | Page 4

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mirellale, Dec 6, 2017 at 1:37 PM.

1. EJRMAN513 Black Belt

EJRMAN513
    Idk about Aldo man. I feel he's lost a bit of a step since the Mendes war and McGregor fight. He looked good against Edgar but that could just be a styles things. He looked good in the first round of the first Holloway fight then Holloway found his timing and range and then in the second fight he added leg kicks back to his arsenal which helped his look but his boxing technique looked horrendous. It was ridiculous how low his fight IQ looked being goaded so easily into winging hooks. I think he's taken a lot of damage in his past 5 fights so I'd understand if retirement looms but if he chooses to continue on I think 155 is the way to go. The weight cut could be a reason for his decreased durability lately while toning it back and moving up could revitalize him. Dude would still be way faster than just about all the 155ers.

2. IBeLurkin I see you've come to this battle of wits unarmed

IBeLurkin
    Yes, you really can pick apart any long time champs resume. There are countless threads doing the same to Fedor, GSP, Anderson, and even Jones.

Everyone credits wins differently due to biases and the time period you're in when you look at them. The rankings now won't mean shit in a few years, and the rankings suck for the most part anyway.

If you don't believe me, do a quick search of the forums for threads about the fighters I listed above being overrated. You'll find hundreds of threads dissecting their resumes just like you're trying to do to Aldo.

It's been done a million times, and can be done to any fighter with a resume that spans as long as Aldo's.

3. MMA Savant Yellow Card

MMA Savant
    <{monica}>

4. MMA Savant Yellow Card

MMA Savant
    That's a scum thing to post. And i love it!

5. in the liver Reebok Belt

in the liver

true rags to riches story, conor was born rich