Jose Aldo is the worst match-up for Brain Ortega

I think Ortega is a very different fighter than most of the guys aldo fought . Hes not gonna stand from the outside and shoot and he's decent in the pocket . Aldo is pretty hittable and ortgega hits hard. Aldo having good tdd and bjj wouldn't save him from something he's never encountered in the cage . Ortega is pretty unique as far as mma grappling goes. It's closer than people think and if Aldo lost we'd probably hear about how his chin is shot and he isn't in his prime and all that jazz.

Aldo just needs to go to 155. Stack of interesting fights for hill there.

Aldo is worn out, brawls instead of using high level technique like he used to do and doesn't have the cardio he used to. He can still win since Ortega won't be able to take him down, but not a guaranteed win anymore.

But Ortega loves to lose standing till he gets lucky or his opponent tired.
Aldo loves to get tired in round 4.

So Aldo lights Ortega up and loses in round 5 via ellbow or sub
^^

Define "get lucky" for me please. Because what he does is not luck at all.

lol @ people blindly assuming Ortega would just submit Aldo and that's that. Based on what? His amazing, never before-done submission of Cub Swanson?? <Lmaoo>This guy's undefeated hype is dying tomorrow. He is not exactly a bum but people are getting WAY too caught up on his record and not realizing how poor the majority of his performances have been. Rude awakening coming IMHO

I think a lot of guys can beat Ortega.
He just finds a way to overcome adversity and pull victory from the jaws of defeat in almost every fight.

It's pretty crazy.

And I'm not sure where the shitting on Aldo is coming from. Other than Holloway completely dominating him twice and a one punch KO from Conor he has dominated every opponent he has faced for years. He put Jeremy Stephens out. He UD'd Frankie twice. He will likely face Ortega at some point soon...

But the real issue I have at featherweight is Moicano. I'm hoping everyone makes it to the cage saturday but after that the next title shot should go to Moicano regardless of who wins. Dude is on a tear and just got caught by Ortega. He was dominating on the score cards and edging Brian in every round. It likely was going to be a UD. Then he decided to take Brian down and lost his neck before it hit the ground. Beautiful finish and come from behind win. I just would like to see it run back. If he doesn't make the same mistake twice he could prove a threat to anyone at fw.

Isn't Max just a better version of current Aldo? Maybe slightly worse TDD, but 4" taller and crisper hands.
No they have way different styles, Aldo for sure is the sniper, Max is a pressure fighter.

Not sure about now, but prime Aldo would murder him. Ortega is pretty heavy on his lead leg, and Aldo would kick it into oblivion.

Not sure about now, but prime Aldo would murder him. Ortega is pretty heavy on his lead leg, and Aldo would kick it into oblivion.
This! In his Prime Aldo would carve Ortega up.

I think max is a worse matchup. Aldo fades and Ortega has a nack for snatching up late victories. Max has got excellent cardio.

Jose Aldo has the best TDD in featherweight. No chance to take him down and submit him. Ortega also dont use trash talk, so Aldo would have cold head and base his striking on counter-punching, so Ortega would be not able to KO him.

What do you think?
I think it would be an amazing fight but Ortega still subs Aldo. Ortega's BJJ is other worldly

Ortega is extremely cerebral & smart. Would wait for the exact right second to snatch a sub opportunity as soon as he can smell Aldo starting to fade in anyway

I expected Aldo to beat Jeremy Stephens and he did but he didn't look very impressive doing it. At this point I would pick both Ortega and Moicano over Aldo.

Cool match-up. Brain/Brian typo made me think of Arctic Monkeys’ song “Brianstorm”.

Ortega would submit Aldo.

Delusion Aldo fans are the same as Shogun fans.
They have no idea their fighter is over the hill.
Nah Shogun fans are worse - he had one great year and success later but Also had 10 great years. And everyone accepts Aldo is over the hill apart from hetards

Back