Jose Aldo feels he will never get to avenge loss to Conor McGregor

Dangerous fight? Which was that?
Any opponent you have not specifically prepared for is a dangerous opponent. This is why Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen as a late replacement, a fighter who otherwise posed very little threat to him.

Are you disputing that the Mendes and first Diaz fights were McGregor's worst UFC performances? Be objective.

“The UFC has tried to do this fight, and he didn’t want it,” Aldo said in a media scrum in Rio de Janeiro (via MMA Fighting). “He’s running. He won't accept it. But we’ll see. I don’t know if this fight happens.”

McGregor never got to defend the 145-pound world title that he won from Aldo in December 2015 at UFC 194. Last November, the UFC stripped him of the title, and subsequently crowned Aldo as the undisputed champion.

Aldo had also previously stated his intent to move up to 155 pounds to face McGregor, but even doing so gives him very little chance for the fight to happen. It is something he had eventually understood, and says he is not losing sleep over it.

"Well, I don’t think about McGregor today,” Aldo said. “I couldn't care less what he’s doing. Like I said, I want to remain champion, I want big fights. If one day I fight him, great. If not, I’ll continue my life, continue being champion, continue being the same person, fighting and winning. I don’t think about Conor today. I only talk about Conor because you ask. F--k him."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
ETYkHn0_zpstbnxm8gf.gif

Any opponent you have not specifically prepared for is a dangerous opponent. This is why Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen as a late replacement, a fighter who otherwise posed very little threat to him.

Are you disputing that the Mendes and first Diaz fights were McGregor's worst UFC performances? Be objective.

According to mcgregor and his coaches, he never specifically prepares for anyone, he only focuses on himself and improving his own abilities rather than game planning for a certain opponent, so that point is null and void. Furthermore, you're ignoring/dismissing the fact that his opponents in the fights you mentioned had an equally low amount of time to get ready to fight him, so they were at an equal "disadvantage" in that case, the difference being that mcgregor had a full training camp before facing them, so his conditioning was taken care of, whereas mendes and diaz had nowhere near enough time to get into proper shape for a 5 round affair.

If you want to speculate on why perhaps those were his worst performances, I'd venture to say that it had more with mendes being a great wrestler and takedown artist, conor's known weaknesses, and in the fight vs diaz he was not prepared for nate's continual onslaught in the face of adversity, culminating in the strikes which caused conor to turn into a panic wrestler.

According to mcgregor and his coaches, he never specifically prepares for anyone, he only focuses on himself and improving his own abilities rather than game planning for a certain opponent, so that point is null and void.

Yeah? I think they are lying. McGregor usually seems well versed in his opponents' tendencies. And no, the objective fact that McGregor's two worst fights were the two where he took short notice replacements is not null and void.

Furthermore, you're ignoring/dismissing the fact that his opponents in the fights you mentioned had an equally low amount of time to get ready to fight him, so they were at an equal "disadvantage" in that case, the difference being that mcgregor had a full training camp before facing them, so his conditioning was taken care of, whereas mendes and diaz had nowhere near enough time to get into proper shape for a 5 round affair.

I'm not ignoring this at all. This is why I have said repeatedly that Aldo would be taking a risk to fight McGregor under the circumstance of the rematch and that Diaz took a risk taking the fight. Fighting unprepared is a very risky proposition for any fighter. For Mendes and Diaz, as well as Aldo had he risen to the challenge, the risk would have been greater because they'd have no camp at all. For McGregor vs Mednes and Diaz, the risk was lesser because he had a full camp, but non-negligible because the preparation was for a different fighter.

I'm not minimizing the challenges any of these fighters faced. You are.

If you want to speculate on why perhaps those were his worst performances, I'd venture to say that it had more with mendes being a great wrestler and takedown artist, conor's known weaknesses, and in the fight vs diaz he was not prepared for nate's continual onslaught in the face of adversity, culminating in the strikes which caused conor to turn into a panic wrestler.

Mendes' wrestling is very good and would have given McGregor trouble either way, but it's pretty obvious that takedown defense would have been better had he drilled it during his training camp, like he clearly did in preparation for Alvarez. Outside of that one fight, his takedown defense in his UFC fights has been pretty good.

As for Nate, you said it best yourself, "he was not prepared" for the challenges Diaz posed.

I don't know why some MMA fans are so begrudging when it comes to giving McGregor credit when it is due. He definitely stuck his neck out fighting Mendes and Diaz unprepared for their unique stylistic challenges, and it clearly showed. I also give credit to Mendes and and especially Diaz for putting up credible fights under adverse circumstances.

Are you really this stupid?

Not necessarily.

This is sports fandom. Fans like to say things about their "team" that get under the skin of opposing fans, even when those things are incredibly stupid. It doesn't mean they believe them.

Aldo is a dangerous fight, and this is the thing they can say to justify one of the most dominant champions the UFC has ever seen not getting a rematch.

It's BS and most of them know it, but of course they're going to keep throwing it out there, the way Anderson fans spent two years saying Weidman wasn't good enough to fight him for the title.

Ask Conor. He figured out a way.

Conor McGregor received a medical suspension of six months following his five-round victory over Nate Diaz at UFC 202. Less than 3 months later he was winning his second belt at UFC 205.

Pretty sure his suspension wasnt due to losing consciousness.

Back