Jose Aldo Could Still Be Featherweight Champion If He Just Wrestled More

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
He got outstruck by Holloway. Why not start there?

False he doesn't have the gas anymore. It's been a problem for a few years now if he tries to wrestle heshjust gonna exhaust himself out.

lmao ... Aldo has never been a grinding wressler like Dc, Khabib, Shael or Askren. He does have impressive tdd and good takedows here and there but his takedowns take place mostly cause he caught their opponents off guard since they expect him to keep it standing.

He doesnt have the top control, strenght, endurance and technique to lay on a guy like Max and gnp his ass like wresslers would. He is not a wressler and Max would have gotten back up and kicked his ass anyway.

Hard to say, but I really think the damage of training and fighting wore on him.

He was 10+ years into his MMA career right around the very damage-heavy Chad fight, and the subsequent Conor KO (we all know Conor was blessed by a left, he really lost the fight(TM)).....25 fights and 10 years in is typically when fighters start to crack.

Funny you mention that...He did, in the second fight in the 3rd round, Aldo tries to take Holloway down which leads to Max getting the dominant position and proceeding to win the fight.

He essentially panic wrestled as he was getting pieced up and was gassed out, but hey, he tried it.
Problem is that he tried to beat Max to the punch.

I still think Aldo is better striker than Max and he would have a better chance if he just decided to outpoint Max.

But for some reason he was happy to trade in the pocket against a guy with ridiculous chin and cardio. Aldo tried to take his head off and when it didnt work he had nothing left in the tank.

Max just breaks people... his pace and his volume is unmatched and once he smells blood is all over. Only guy I can think that is similar is Tony Ferguson.

Injuries and wear and tear took its toll on my man. It happens to every fighter :(

He was on top of the mountain for so long that the hunger diminishes......Plain and simple!

Only time will tell if he will pick himself back up, dust himself off and say, I am getting back to the top no matter how hard I have to work.

No he wouldn’t, he doesn’t have the stamina to fight someone like Holloway.

if Holloway shows up healthy Ortega will be in trouble
Doubt it. Maxes ground game is horrible and Conor of all people (who has arguably the worst ground game of a ‘top fighter’) was able to take him down. What do you think Ortega would do to him!?

Ortega would demolish Conor too by the way.

Last edited:
Jose-Aldo-end-of-R1-HLs-vs-Max-Holloway-in-the-first-fight-.gif

LinearTallGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Jose Aldo was up 2-0 vs Holloway going into the 3rd round so all he had to do was win one more round and try to ride a decision

instead he stood and traded while gassed and got KO'd

for a guy who has such good TDD and TD's I dont know why the fuck he doesnt use it more often imagine if he wrestled in rounds 3 and 4 and then clinched in the 5th round

he would still be champ

2ytxws3.jpg

Jose-Aldo-vs.-Chan-Sung-Jung-2.gif
tumblr_mr0677tpTY1qaa8d1o1_500.gif
233.gif

GlassLiquidGalago-small.gif

aldo-takedown-defense.gif
If he is gassed in stand up what the f do you think will happen to him if he starts wrestling?

I don't understand why he doesn't kick anymore. His leg kicks are devastating. He just boxes now. He gave up his best weapon.
Don’t think he can anymore to be honest, he may be carrying injuries, no one knows other than him and those close to him.

I guess I really don't see the Ortega hype because Aldo would most likely beat him on the feet (he's far quicker and more explosive) and his bjj is real good

never been submitted and i doubt he'd lose to ortega

Subbed by azevedo

Doubt it. Maxes ground game is horrible and Conor of all people (who has arguably the worst ground game of a ‘top fighter’) was able to take him down. What do you think Ortega would do to him!?

Ortega would demolish Conor too by the way.

Conor would likely KO Ortega in the 1st, frankie and cub were out striking him with ease

ortega is way too hittable

Conor would likely KO Ortega in the 1st, frankie and cub were out striking him with ease

ortega is way too hittable
Lol that’s cute.

Rewatch those fights.

Frankie was swinging and missing and Ortega rolled with most of cubs best shots.

I don't understand why he doesn't kick anymore. His leg kicks are devastating. He just boxes now. He gave up his best weapon.
Agreed fuck his wrestling, it's kicking he needs to get back to. His leg kicks are obviously insane but he's also got nasty kicks to the body that he never uses.

Back