Jorgensen decided to stop fighting vitiligo

As far as I can tell from a quick google search there is acctually no way to prevent vitiglio from spreading.. so. Im not buying this I let my vitiglio run rampant story.

Its fine if he got his skin bleached. Who cares? I definitely would if I had that problem.

So I don't understand. There are no detriments to his health or well being but his disease took over? Literally the only side effect is he's very pale?

Anyone know more about this?

As far as I can tell from a quick google search there is acctually no way to prevent vitiglio from spreading.. so. Im not buying this I let my vitiglio run rampant story.

Its fine if he got his skin bleached. Who cares? I definitely would if I had that problem.

Your quick google searched sucked :)

Did you search- Stopping the spread of vitiglio? There are ways to slow the spread. You can't "cure" it, but you can slow the progression.

What are people in this thread talking about he literally did nothing he never tried to cover it up or stop it from spreading lol. I guess the mid leading title will make you assume opposite but he said at the post fight conference he did nothing to it he just let it take over naturally.

ya'll should read the article linked to in the BE article, http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/through-the-past-darkly-reflections-on-ufc-on-fox-5. at least Ben Fowlkes bothers to say something relevant:

it answers many of the questions already asked in this thread, like:

actually, no, he decided long ago to not start fighting it. "his mother fought with her insurance company to get them to cover a laser treatment that was supposed to help it, he told us backstage."I went once, and it was worse than getting tattooed," Jorgensen said....From that point on he figured he'd just live with it, but doctors had told him he had a particularly aggressive case of vitiligo. Turns out they were right, Jorgensen said, because now it "pretty much just took over.""

I don't know why he didn't do this before...
he changed nothing; the condition just took time to do it's thing fully.

fair play, don't think it's an issue for many people. Hope it's no issue for him.
it isn't.

That's interesting...I was wondering if it had just gotten the best of him or become more more aggressive.
got the best of him. it was always an aggressive condition. "doctors had told him he had a particularly aggressive case of vitiligo. Turns out they were right, Jorgensen said, because now it "pretty much just took over.""

Finally someone reads lol.

I was wondering about this during the fight. Thanks for clearing that up TS. For some resaon I always thought he had native american heritage, but now he really looks Asian. There must be some negative side effects associated with not having pigment though. Like being in the sun...

Am I the only one that thinks the vitiligo actually looked pretty cool? I'm glad he's let it go and it won't be a point of issue anymore, but I think people are making way too big a deal of this.

I wonder due to having no pigment in his skin if he is more suseptible to getting skin cancer.

ya'll should read the article linked to in the BE article, http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/through-the-past-darkly-reflections-on-ufc-on-fox-5. at least Ben Fowlkes bothers to say something relevant:

it answers many of the questions already asked in this thread, like:

actually, no, he decided long ago to not start fighting it. "his mother fought with her insurance company to get them to cover a laser treatment that was supposed to help it, he told us backstage."I went once, and it was worse than getting tattooed," Jorgensen said....From that point on he figured he'd just live with it, but doctors had told him he had a particularly aggressive case of vitiligo. Turns out they were right, Jorgensen said, because now it "pretty much just took over.""

I don't know why he didn't do this before...
he changed nothing; the condition just took time to do it's thing fully.

fair play, don't think it's an issue for many people. Hope it's no issue for him.
it isn't.

That's interesting...I was wondering if it had just gotten the best of him or become more more aggressive.
got the best of him. it was always an aggressive condition. "doctors had told him he had a particularly aggressive case of vitiligo. Turns out they were right, Jorgensen said, because now it "pretty much just took over.""

Pretty sure this needs posting again.

So I don't understand. There are no detriments to his health or well being but his disease took over? Literally the only side effect is he's very pale?

Anyone know more about this?

same thing Michael Jackson had (or so he said)

Doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't have any serious health risks. If he feels good about it then good on him.

So now he doesn't look like a thai with a condition, but more like a fine japanese.

Good Job Scott :D

20121208_jrc_sn8_007.0_standard_709.0.jpg

he looks like a coloring book with all those tattoos

I didn't notice it during the fight, but yeah, his tattoos definitely pop more.

I think I was too focused on the mustache.

On the one hand, if he was proud of looking tanned/darker skinned then it sucks for him, but at the same time it must make him less self-conscious now. My mother's got vitiligo, the more extreme it's gotten on her arms, the less it stands out....she just looks paler.

I thought he looked ghostly at the press conference, but didnt think much of it cause he's always doing something with his skin.

good to know though

Why was he fighting it? Is he that desperate to not look white?

According to Jorgensen's post on Twitter, he is half-Japanese half-Caucasian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back