Jorgensen decided to stop fighting vitiligo

Does anybody know if Scott have Ancestors from Northern Europe? I'm thinking about his last name.

I don't know why he didn't do this before, he looks much better than this:

Scott-Jorgensen_1060_right30.jpg

fair play, don't think it's an issue for many people. Hope it's no issue for him.

Funny that with all his pigmentation gone it actually makes his tattoos stick out more.

I had no idea he made bank this saturday either. $130k in bonuses?? dayamn.

That's interesting...I was wondering if it had just gotten the best of him or become more more aggressive.

This is very easy (and possibly naive) of me to say since I'm not the one dealing with it, but I thought his skin looked very cool before. It was distinct, and certainly wasn't ugly or detracting. It looks fine now too, and he should certainly do whatever makes him feel best.

ya'll should read the article linked to in the BE article, http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/through-the-past-darkly-reflections-on-ufc-on-fox-5. at least Ben Fowlkes bothers to say something relevant:

That's why, when Jorgensen came out to fight John Albert in the opening bout in Seattle, there were no more splotches. His skin seemed to have gone completely pale, which left some people wondering if he'd sought medical treatment for it. In fact, Jorgensen said, he'd done the opposite, simply allowing the vitiligo to run rampant. The upside was that it made his many tattoos appear that much brighter, because "literally I have no pigment in my skin, so it's like coloring on a white piece of paper."

it answers many of the questions already asked in this thread, like:

Jorgensen decided to stop fighting vitiligo
actually, no, he decided long ago to not start fighting it. "his mother fought with her insurance company to get them to cover a laser treatment that was supposed to help it, he told us backstage."I went once, and it was worse than getting tattooed," Jorgensen said....From that point on he figured he'd just live with it, but doctors had told him he had a particularly aggressive case of vitiligo. Turns out they were right, Jorgensen said, because now it "pretty much just took over.""

I don't know why he didn't do this before...
he changed nothing; the condition just took time to do it's thing fully.

fair play, don't think it's an issue for many people. Hope it's no issue for him.
it isn't.

That's interesting...I was wondering if it had just gotten the best of him or become more more aggressive.
got the best of him. it was always an aggressive condition. "doctors had told him he had a particularly aggressive case of vitiligo. Turns out they were right, Jorgensen said, because now it "pretty much just took over.""

Most likely from Denmark, that's where his name is most common.

Yeah, you're right - in Scandinavia it's most popular in Norway and Denmark but 90k are named J

He looks good just being white. He's not too white. He's far from this guy

SsQkKCQtapo.jpg

That guy looks weird, should be a pro wrestler or something ^

Does anybody know if Scott have Ancestors from Northern Europe? I'm thinking about his last name.
I recall him saying in an interview or article a while back that it's not his real last name as his father is Japanese. He decided to change it for some reason. Though I suppose the most likely scenario is that he decided to start using his mother's last name instead of getting it from somewhere else.

I recall him saying in an interview or article a while back that it's not his real last name as his father is Japanese. He decided to change it for some reason. Though I suppose the most likely scenario is that he decided to start using his mother's last name instead of getting it from somewhere else.

Yeah probably. His wiki says half japanese and half caucasian so his mother is probably European or has ancestors from there.

Back