Jorge Masvidal would destroy Nick Diaz

Masvidal would destroy both Diaz brothers.

Maybe, there's no denying when it comes to skill Masvidal grossly outmatches them. I'd really love to see a Masvidal vs Nate/Nick fight though. Masvidal is a chronic underachiever.....Diaz brothers have made a career out of overachieving and beating the more talented fighters with sheer will, toughness, relentless pressure and insane conditioning. Also this is the fight Jorge needs right now to bounce back....beating a Diaz brother makes him a star and it's a fight he should win.

Jorge has called out Stephen Thompson though, I'd like to see that too.

He is better in every way except at submitting people. Better boxer, better Muay Thai, better wrestler and top 5 submission defense in all of MMA. Plus, Nick prides himself on being "from the streets" and carries that psychological edge into every fight. Jorge is even more "gangsta" than the Diaz brothers so he's got him there as well.
I don't know if I agree with that but you just came up with A HELLUVA MATCHUP and this is a fight that id pay 70 potatoes all by itself.
I mean ,now thinking about it, ----WHAT A FUckInG FIGHT.
GOOD CALL TS

The Diaz brothers are hollywood. They don't take bum fights. $orry.

wtf is nick doing anyways

how much stuff is there to buy at a whole foods really

Yeh he would fucking murder him. Only problem is masvidal seems to forget he's a fighter and just stands around doing nothing and losing a decision in every single fight he's a part of.

Maybe, there's no denying when it comes to skill Masvidal grossly outmatches them. I'd really love to see a Masvidal vs Nate/Nick fight though. Masvidal is a chronic underachiever.....Diaz brothers have made a career out of overachieving and beating the more talented fighters with sheer will, toughness, relentless pressure and insane conditioning. Also this is the fight Jorge needs right now to bounce back....beating a Diaz brother makes him a star and it's a fight he should win.

Jorge has called out Stephen Thompson though, I'd like to see that too.
I would like to see it too, Jorge would easily win it in a 3 rounder imo, a 5 rounder would be harder due to the cardio of the brothers. Although Nate slowed down quite a lot in the second match against Conor in the later rounds. Jorge is better everywhere except cardio and pure bjj.

I would rather see the WB fight tho because it would do much more for him in terms of getting close to a title shot again. Jorge is a much better boxer, better muay thai, better wrestling, better groundgame. I see him taking advantage of Wb's Side on karate stance too with legkicks, Jorge has some real underrated muay thai and could chop thay leg down.
You can beat WB the woodley by letting him lead or the Whittaker way by a lot of calculated pressure and a good jab. Whittaker was doing good that fight until he got caught.
What do you think Husky?

I would like to see it too, Jorge would easily win it in a 3 rounder imo, a 5 rounder would be harder due to the cardio of the brothers. Although Nate slowed down quite a lot in the second match against Conor in the later rounds. Jorge is better everywhere except cardio and pure bjj.

I would rather see the WB fight tho because it would do much more for him in terms of getting close to a title shot again. Jorge is a much better boxer, better muay thai, better wrestling, better groundgame. I see him taking advantage of Wb's Side on karate stance too with legkicks, Jorge has some real underrated muay thai and could chop thay leg down.
You can beat WB the woodley by letting him lead or the Whittaker way by a lot of calculated pressure and a good jab. Whittaker was doing good that fight until he got caught.
What do you think Husky?

It's a tough fight man. I think like you said Thompson is susceptible to the leg kick as he's really heavy on his lead leg. Thompson's also vulnerable in the pocket when exchanging, he tends to keep his head straight up in the air and his hands are usually low so going down the middle is usually wide open, Woodley exploited that and I even noted it in the Whittaker fight, Whittaker was jabbing Thompson up. Thompson also can freeze up like Anderson Silva does...if you sit back and wait for him, he just stairs at you and does nothing too like we saw vs Rory and Woodley.

That being said, I think Thompson is faster, I think he hits harder than Jorge, I think he's a better striker than Jorge at distance and I really do think Thompson's evasive movement along with his dynamic kicking game could give Jorge a lot of trouble. Jorge will likely have to be aggressive vs Thompson, which allows Thompson to counter strike very effectively. I think Thompson has good enough takedown defense, I mean it looked very good vs Rory and Hendricks but it wouldn't shock me if Jorge got a takedown as he does mix it up well. I think Masvidal can find success similar to how Matt Brown did vs Thompson, if he can eat Thompson's best shots and continue to pressure forward I think Thompson would be in a lot of trouble. I'm not sure Jorge can do that though, Jorge almost always fails at being aggressive when he needs to be.

It's one of those fights, I favor Thompson and I think it's an uphill battle for Jorge but he could win it. Ideally I'd like to see Jorge vs Nate Diaz next as a FOX Headliner or a PPV Co Main event.

Back