Jordan Peterson on real time with Bill Maher

That chick was getting triggered as fuck. Most likely she was exposed to some rag hit piece on him before the interview and had this fascist radical right monster idea of him in her head before the show even started so she felt the need to be stand offish.

"I cannot raise my child properly because of Trump and Climate Change, waaah."

<DisgustingHHH>

Individuals like Peterson have read more history than you or I ever will.

Your adulation of the man really is cult member-like.

And you know he's not a professor of political or philosophical history, right?

Your adulation of the man really is cult member-like.

And you know he's not a professor of political or philosophical history, right?
Acknowledging a simple truth doesn't mean I adulate him, although I do admire and respect the man.

I clearly know a lot more about him than you do, as I've watched hours of his lectures and have read his second book. His bachelor's is in political science. He has spent the past 3 decades reading philosophy, history and psychology as an academic that has spent his entire adult life on a college campus. So, your statement that he is "historically ignorant" is demonstrably false.

On another note: it's really fucking weird JBP haters take any praise of the man and retort with "maaaan you guys are like a cult!!" It's really overplayed, find a new line to jerk each other off with. Is there something so wrong with being a fan of a person? Really, you sound fucking retarded repeating this shit.

Last edited:
Anyone that spreads that message is doing a good thing and Joseph Campbell isnt the one who created those ideas.

I don't disagree, I guess I just don't see whatever it is about him that has people so excited.

So, to your mind, saying there are more democratic than republican college faculty members is equivalent to the claims JP made in the Maher clip you posted?
College campuses are dominated by liberals. You don't refute that. So your issue is what exactly? Are you trying to assert that political correctness isn't the responsibility of college liberals? Just spell out your position instead of dancing around like this.

I don't disagree, I guess I just don't see whatever it is about him that has people so excited.
He's condensing and explaining the philosophy and ideas of some of mankind's greatest ever thinkers: Jung, Nietzsche, Solzhenitsyn, Dostoevsky and others. Watch a lecture or two of his. I quite like them but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Figured I would find you a couple good lectures in case you had the interest of exploring further.

This lecture is the introduction to his lecture series on the psychological significance of the Bible -

Here's one on the founders of existentialism -

Last edited:
I couldn't believe that came out of her mouth.

It seemed like the rest of the panel wanted to turn everything Peterson said into an opportunity to take a shot at President Trump.

Another cringe worthy moment was the one guy spouting off about how the kids get climate change, gay rights, immigration and so on and they should be voting in the next election. The rest of the people on the panel were just trying to push their talking points.

It seemed like the rest of the panel wanted to turn everything Peterson said into an opportunity to take a shot at President Trump.
That's been the entirety of left leaning media for the last year. I'm not a Trump supporter at all but holy shit I am so fed up with the hyper obsession the left has. They can't talk about anything other than him. Every thought in their head is about him. They find a way to curtail ANY topic into speaking about him.

All of the wind has been taken out of the core liberal causes.

They don't talk about climate change anymore (my #1 issue). They don't talk about rebuilding and empowering the middle class. They don't talk about universal higher education, or healthcare. EVERYTHING is about Trump now. I have absolutely no representation in our political system on either side.

He's condensing and explaining the philosophy and ideas of some of mankind's greatest ever thinkers: Jung, Nietzsche, Solzhenitsyn, Dostoevsky and others. Watch a lecture or two of his. I quite like them but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Figured I would find you a couple good lectures in case you had the interest of exploring further.

This lecture is the introduction to his lecture series on the psychological significance of the Bible -

Here's one on the founders of existentialism -

His "message to the school shooters: past, present and future" was excellent as well.

I think Bill deliberately sought to reach a common ground with Peterson and their stance on political correctness makes that easy to accomplish. Notice how Peterson mentions "the radical left" and Maher doesn't address it in any way.

In reality the two of them could spar on a number of topics but like you said the show isn't terribly well fit for that and most importantly, Peterson was on to promote his book. Antagonizing him in any way would derail the show and piss off the publisher who bought his spot.
Bill is very vocal against the extreme far left.

So, your statement that he is "historically ignorant" is demonstrably false.

Anyone who refers to something called "cultural Marxism" with a straight face is demonstrably, historically ignorant regardless of whatever academic degrees he/she may hold.

I also do not disagree with everything JP has to say. I think his position opposing gender-based quotas within STEM fields, for example, is absolutely correct.

But I am someone with the capacity to critically evaluate a person's claims and ideas on a position by position basis. As opposed to being a mesmerized fanboy/cult member.

College campuses are dominated by liberals. You don't refute that. So your issue is what exactly? Are you trying to assert that political correctness isn't the responsibility of college liberals? Just spell out your position instead of dancing around like this.

Please define, according to your own understanding, the difference between a liberal and a "radical leftist". Because JP used the phrase "radical leftists".

Please define, according to your own understanding, the difference between a liberal and a "radical leftist". Because JP used the phrase "radical leftists".
You can't discern between a radical and a liberal?

Anyone who refers to something called "cultural Marxism" with a straight face is demonstrably, historically ignorant regardless of whatever academic degrees he/she may hold.

I also do not disagree with everything JP has to say. I think his position opposing gender-based quotas within STEM fields, for example, is absolutely correct.

But I am someone with the capacity to critically evaluate a person's claims and ideas on a position by position basis. As opposed to being a mesmerized fanboy/cult member.
I dont agree with everything the guy says. That was never mentioned or brought into this conversation. I praised him and you retorted calling me a cult member.

I don't like his position on the projected future population and I dont like his characterization of environmentalists. I dont care for his overall lax position on climate change which is basically "it will sort itself out".

I analyze peoples positions on a case by case basis as well. You're delusional if you think I just accept whatever he says as gospel. He is a genuinely profound thinker. How can you not be when you spend your life studying some of the greatest thinkers humanity has yet produced?

Except he didn't crumble at all. His argument was being misrepresented and was trying to get through to someone with about 5 seconds to do so.
If you are talking about the two videos in the first page you have zero fucking clue what you are talking about.

Nah, I just calls it likes I sees it.

I wish I could tell you that he came across good, but he didn't. I'm not going to make excuses for him. Like I said, I've seen him perform much better. In this instance, he came across weak, and unsure of himself for the most part. When he tried to assert his stances, he sounded like he was flailing, and unwilling or unprepared to deal with resistance to his arguments.

It is what it is. I'm not going to stick up for the guy, just because. I don't even necessarily disagree with his positions, but I found the way he presented them, and arguments for them when met with a counter, to be poor.

Last edited:
Interesting. Any source on that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Fun fact: statements like these are pathetic attempts to discredit the recognition that marxist ideals have shifted and evolved over the decades. Like any ideology, they evolve over time. Recognizing that doesn't mean you're buying into nazi propaganda.

This is very easy to follow: Marxism used to attempt to collectivize people around economic class. Once that stopped working, it was tweaked to get people to collectivize around their physical identity which has been wildly successful in the 21st century. It happens to line up nicely with intersectional feminism and postmodernist philosophy (which all basically came from the same thinkers).
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Cultural Marxism in academia is well defined as basically the Marxist critique of how capitalism has negatively affected culture. Consumerism, etc etc. It has not ever and will not ever branch into the stuff loons like Peterson talk about. "Cultural Marxism" as defined by alt righters and their flirting darlings (which Peterson is) is nothing more than Nazi propaganda copy pasted to modern times. There is no shadow cabal of intellectuals devoted to tearing down the tenets of modern society. Anyone who sees feminism gone wild or overzealous college students and thinks there is a greater movement behind it is a fucking moron who's either too stupid to realize that the recicled version of a theory designed to send people to gas chambers is being pushed into their peanut-sized brain or fully realizes the bullshit they're spewing and continues to do so only for the lulz.

Interesting. Any source on that?
Dummies_Guide_to_Cultural_Marxist_caste_system.png

Peterson attempting to talk down to the level of the "children that no one likes" other panelists and audience.

Back