Jordan Peterson on real time with Bill Maher

Though it was not his intention, Maher citing the Fresno State condemnation of their professor's tweet criticizing conservative matriarch Bush completely contradicted JP's simplistic assertion that the "radical leftists" have taken over our universities and are the entire cause of the current politically correct cultural climate.

And, like the weasel he is, JP didn't engage on the story but just silently nodded and then quickly tried to pass it off by suggesting Fresno State was somehow forced to take umbrage only because of the "timing" of the critical tweet.

Then, of course, Peterson took the discussion right back to leftist college campus safe spaces - and how hard it is for comedians to gig at universities these days.

This was a great little snap shot of the Peterson MO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_bias_in_academia

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/6/liberal-professors-outnumber-conservatives-12-1/
Liberal professors outnumber conservatives nearly 12 to 1, study finds

blog_faculty_ideology.jpg

<LucyBless>

just LMFAO @ even pretending far leftists don't dominate college campuses. They even dominate the campus here in conservative Idaho

Bill is a real liberal, so when Peterson mentions the radical left it is fine. The radical left has shifted so far away from Bill's position that Bill seems right of center on college campuses. Colleges try to silence and banish Bill because he doesn't take part in their insanity.

Bill calls out murderous Muslims and retarded 59 gender idiots and safe space babies. So yeah, there was plenty of ground to agree upon.

I lol'd when that hot chick was just giving Peterson devil eyes when he was speaking the truth about raising children properly. What a c-word.
That chick was getting triggered as fuck. Most likely she was exposed to some rag hit piece on him before the interview and had this fascist radical right monster idea of him in her head before the show even started so she felt the need to be stand offish.

I don't have anything against Jordan Peterson, but I also have no idea what people find so profound or unique about him.

Though it was not his intention, Maher citing the Fresno State condemnation of their professor's tweet criticizing conservative matriarch Bush completely contradicted JP's simplistic assertion that the "radical leftists" have taken over our universities and are the entire cause of the current politically correct cultural climate.

And, like the weasel he is, JP didn't engage on the story but just silently nodded and then quickly tried to pass it off by suggesting Fresno State was somehow forced to take umbrage only because of the "timing" of the critical tweet.

Then, of course, Peterson took the discussion right back to leftist college campus safe spaces - and how hard it is for comedians to gig at universities these days.

This was a great little snap shot of the Peterson MO.

He would have been hounded if he tried to criticize that fat monster of a woman from Fresno State. Truthfully, shouldn't we expect more professionalism from our college professors? She should be free to say what she wants, but I don't want my daughter to learn from someone who acts like she does. It was just gross behavior.

I think Peterson's point would have been been that it was bad timing and totally immature for someone in her position, but she should be free to say what she wants. I just don't think he wanted to waste time on that subject.

And I actually really like Peterson's thoughts on raising children. Kids absolutely need to be put in their place. They need to know that they are not our equals, and that they need to behave. They thrive in structure. The actually need strict rules and punishments when they behave poorly.

If you raise your child to be respectful, and to share and play by the rules then your kid will get along with other kids and people. That is the key for their success as adults.

My sister is an example of raising disrespectful shitheads. She never had rules and never punished her kids, and now she has to deal with monsters. She is currently hating her 18 year old son, but she literally created the disrespectful asshole he has become. lmao, she never made him clean his room, or do his dishes or do any chore ever. She did everything for him, and that includes schoolwork so he never learned how to do anything. Then when he turned 18 she kicked him out of the house with zero help or life skills.

oh well.

I don't have anything against Jordan Peterson, but I also have no idea what people find so profound or unique about him.
Probably his most profound ideas are the ones dealing with how heroic archetypes are emergent from our genetics and that to live life to its fullest is to embody the heroic archetype and go on a heroic journey. It adds meaning to peoples lives that may not believe in religion.

Probably his most profound ideas are the ones dealing with how heroic archetypes are emergent from our genetics and that to live life to its fullest is to embody the heroic archetype and go on a heroic journey. It adds meaning to peoples lives that may not believe in religion.

So he's reciting Joseph Campbell to people who don't know who that is?

I think Peterson's point would have been been that it was bad timing and totally immature for someone in her position, but she should be free to say what she wants. I just don't think he wanted to waste time on that subject.

Why do you think an institution controlled by far left cultural Marxists (lol) was not fully in support of one of their number labeling a white conservative a racist?

Why do you think an institution controlled by far left cultural Marxists (lol) was not fully in support of one of their number labeling a white conservative a racist?

I'm sure that they probably agree with her thoughts, but they do not like the negative attention her immature wording brought to the University. Fresno State doesn't need negative attention. As if there aren't enough reasons to not send your child to Fresno State.

Fun fact: people babbling about "cultural Marxism" probably have no idea that the term was originated as Nazi propaganda and was supposed to mean "the Jews".

Total non sequitur. You've definitely taken your Peterson studies seriously.
You made a claim: liberals don't dominate college campuses
I posted data directly refuting your claim.
You respond saying it "does not follow".

K pal.

Fun fact: people babbling about "cultural Marxism" probably have no idea that the term was originated as Nazi propaganda and was supposed to mean "the Jews".
Fun fact: statements like these are pathetic attempts to discredit the recognition that marxist ideals have shifted and evolved over the decades. Like any ideology, they evolve over time. Recognizing that doesn't mean you're buying into nazi propaganda.

This is very easy to follow: Marxism used to attempt to collectivize people around economic class. Once that stopped working, it was tweaked to get people to collectivize around their physical identity which has been wildly successful in the 21st century. It happens to line up nicely with intersectional feminism and postmodernist philosophy (which all basically came from the same thinkers).

You made a claim: liberals don't dominate college campuses
I posted data directly refuting your claim.
You respond saying it "does not follow".

K pal.

Two strikes now. I will give you one more swing.

This is very easy to follow: Marxism used to attempt to collectivize people around economic class. Once that stopped working, it was tweaked to get people to collectivize around their physical identity which has been wildly successful in the 21st century.

Except racial/gender/sexual identification atomizes people. This is actually a strategy the capitalist class tried to use to divide workers and one which Marx cautioned them to beware of and wholeheartedly reject.

You're being duped by historically illiterate morons.

I agree with Bill.

Jordan Peterson is a fount of common sense. I suppose I'll call him the Common Sense Professor.

Wish we had more.

Except racial/gender/sexual identification atomizes people. This is actually a strategy the capitalist class tried to use to divide workers and one which Marx cautioned them to beware of and wholeheartedly reject.

You're being duped by historically illiterate morons.
Individuals like Peterson have read more history than you or I ever will. So your mischaracterization here is purely ad hominem based on your own projected insecurities.

Indeed, identity obsession does atomize groups and that's why in the long run I'm ultimately not that concerned about racial groups like BLM or the black israelites or feminist groups. They all tear each other apart and eventually collapse.

I think this segment and his previous appearances are very very telling of how he would do in that kind of setting.

Which is funny because Peterson reached fame by debating a TV host clearly in over her head. Not to compare their stances, but in that regard he's kind of similar to Milo in how tying a know around the brain of emotional college students made him out to be a skilled debater.

He's certainly very good at delivering speeches and crafting one way narratives, but he's terrible at addressing opposing arguments and seems to get lost in his own words when asked to clarify his positions (particularly because his positions are muddy and too centered around self-evidency to begin with).

Peterson had 30 minutes with Cathy Newman and it was one on one. He had about 5 minutes on Maher's show and there are 4 other people talking and a mindless audience clapping like trained seals . Maher's show, like most television shows, is designed for spewing quick talking points. Peterson is not very good in that kind of setting.

Things would look a lot different if Peterson was one on one for 30 minutes or more with one of those pundits he was speaking with.

I've already posted data showing that liberals dominate campuses. What else is it you want me to address? You're a big boy, use your words.

So, to your mind, saying there are more democratic than republican college faculty members is equivalent to the claims JP made in the Maher clip you posted?

Back