Jones vs Stipe odds are out . Potential future fight ?

Stipe didn’t give d.c. anything. D.c. took that.
Stipe couldn't have done anything to play into cormier's hands any more... he did exactly what dc wanted to an absolute T.

Stipe didn't fight his own fight for a single second. Walked into the pocket and exchanged in the phone booth. Not only is this not his style whatsoever, he also decided to do it against the shorter, alligator armed man with an Olympic pedigree. He really thought he was going to walk through cormier, as fucking ridiculous as that is.

It's probably the biggest and most obvious example of a fighter 'blowing it' with a brain fart that I'd be able to come up with in my entire memory as an MMA fan.

I would like that fight.

If Jones fights at HW doing it against DC would be kinda lame. I want him vs real HWs like Stipe, Volkov, Blaydes etc.

If he fights DC again though then definitely HW for me.

But honestly it would feel cheap and boring to me if he became a dual division champ while not actually fighting any of the HWs even though DC is a legit HW champ and so would be Jones. So if it happens I hope he immediately starts defending against the top guys.

Stipe couldn't have done anything to play into cormier's hands any more... he did exactly what dc wanted to an absolute T.

Stipe didn't fight his own fight for a single second. Walked into the pocket and exchanged in the phone booth. Not only is this not his style whatsoever, he also decided to do it against the shorter, alligator armed man with an Olympic pedigree. He really thought he was going to walk through cormier, as fucking ridiculous as that is.

It's probably the biggest and most obvious example of a fighter 'blowing it' with a brain fart that I'd be able to come up with in my entire memory as an MMA fan.

We don't know what the gameplan was from Stipe's team. My guess is they thought pressure would work well against DC; he'd even said on air that he had been made uncomfortable with Oezdimir's onslaught at first. And you can't say that applying pressure isn't in Stipe's toolkit. They had no way of knowing that DC had picked up on a flaw in Stipe's transition from the clinch, they apparently didn't realize such a problem even existed. So they believed that Stipe could survive in the pocket with DC, wrongly as it turned out. It wouldn't be the first time they've miscalculated: think of the first JDS fight, which I know you've acknowledged suffered from following the Cain blueprint too literally. I find that far more plausible than Stipe up and going off the rails unilaterally. Sure he can get a little sloppy when he smells blood, but brain farting for nearly an entire round? nah.

Jones wouldn't move-up when there was a belt on the line, no way he does it for a non title fight.

We don't know what the gameplan was from Stipe's team. My guess is they thought pressure would work well against DC; he'd even said on air that he had been made uncomfortable with Oezdimir's onslaught at first. And you can't say that applying pressure isn't in Stipe's toolkit. They had no way of knowing that DC had picked up on a flaw in Stipe's transition from the clinch, they apparently didn't realize such a problem even existed. So they believed that Stipe could survive in the pocket with DC, wrongly as it turned out. It wouldn't be the first time they've miscalculated: think of the first JDS fight, which I know you've acknowledged suffered from following the Cain blueprint too literally. I find that far more plausible than Stipe up and going off the rails unilaterally. Sure he can get a little sloppy when he smells blood, but brain farting from the bell? nah.
I actually do believe he completely disregarded the game plan. Stipe can apply pressure, but he's never been a march forward, brawl in the pocket fighter. Never. He applies pressure methodically by cutting off angles and giving you no choice but to move backward and awkwardly so.

Also, they did have a way of knowing D.C. picked up on that flaw because DC said it on the air during fight week on a fox broadcast that he was going to knock Stipe out with a right hand because he drops his left hand as the clinch breaks. Plain as day.

Also, anecdotal, but I heard a friend of Jessica eye's say plainly Stipe didn't do anything he was supposed to.

lmao at being the fav against Stipe.

wish I could take advantage of that but sadly that fight will never happen.

This is brilliant.

I think Stipe should call Jones out (mecilessly) and start campaigning for this fight immediately. This would be a great way to get his name back out there and cultivate renewed interest.

If Jones is reluctant to fight him at heavyweight, go full heel. Start calling him out for cowardice. Say he's afraid to do something DC had the courage to do, etc.

I don't think it would take long before the fans got behind this.

Smart move with lots of up-side in my opinion.

I actually do believe he completely disregarded the game plan. Stipe can apply pressure, but he's never been a march forward, brawl in the pocket fighter. Never. He applies pressure methodically by cutting off angles and giving you no choice but to move backward and awkwardly so.

Also, they did have a way of knowing D.C. picked up on that flaw because DC said it on the air during fight week on a fox broadcast that he was going to knock Stipe out with a right hand because he drops his left hand as the clinch breaks. Plain as day.

Also, anecdotal, but I heard a friend of Jessica eye's say plainly Stipe didn't do anything he was supposed to.

Ah, I forgot about the Mystic DC moment. Week of the fight though, when the game plan's already been set and quite possibly the team's not in monitoring-the-chatter mode, or apt to take it with a pinch of salt thinking it's misdirection? I dunno. And as for anecdotal, I'd trust the take of Jeff Hughes who was training with Stipe for the camp — he didn't say anything remotely like "Stipe didn't do anything he was supposed to" when asked about that fight in an interview — over a friend of Eye's, once-removed from a source who, let's be honest, doesn't always have the most accurate assessments.

Ah, I forgot about the Mystic DC moment. Week of the fight though, when the game plan's already been set and quite possibly the team's not in monitoring-the-chatter mode, or apt to take it with a pinch of salt thinking it's misdirection? I dunno. And as for anecdotal, I'd trust the take of Jeff Hughes who was training with Stipe for the camp — he didn't say anything remotely like "Stipe didn't do anything he was supposed to" when asked about that fight in an interview — over a friend of Eye's, once-removed from a source who, let's be honest, doesn't always have the most accurate assessments.
Lmao yeah... Jessica eye doesn't exactly have her doctorate and idk what her friends know so fair enough, we'll leave that one alone

Honestly, it felt to me that from the opening bell, stipe was in a rush and wanted to end the fight and get home. I saw no respect for cormier. I saw no clever footwork, no caution, nothing. I'd go so far as to say i have never seen him fight that frenetically and sloppily and I actually saw him fight as an amateur, if you can believe that.

In any case... I hope that wasn't the game plan because it couldn't have been any more helpful to cormier and it points to the whole camp drinking the kool aid as opposed to just Stipe getting a little high on his own supply.

Back