Jones VS Sonnen Stoppage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i really felt Sonnen should have taken at least 10 more unanswered elbows.

who cares, chael got manhandled, a fluke victory would have been pointless

So turtling up and providing 0 retaliation whilst getting rained on by elbows and punches constitutes as "intelligently defending yourself"...you guys are HILARIOUS. Jones is on another level to Chael and just proved it.

regardless with less than 30 seconds left in a round in a title fight if the guy isn't out cold or dangerously cut, ref has to let that shit go.

The ref should've given him more of a chance especially considering this is a title fight.

The ref also understand what happens when Jones gets a fighter in that position...they usually go unconscious or suffer massive damage, Chael was asked to fight back..he didnt...what more do you want?

after 5 punches? WTF??!!?!?? Can the Reffing be more biased???? Come the fuck on?? If this isn't evidence the refs take into consideration who will benefit the UFC in the long run winning, I don't know what is.

Now I absolutely knew Chael would lose, just thought it was beyond early and a hypocrisy when compared to the Brock/Carwin fight. Lame!

let's vote. I thought it was a terrible stoppage for a championship fight.

The elbow missed Chael's head.

I agree it was way too early. Before Chael haters go crazy, I'm not saying he would of won but it shouldn't of been stop right then.

So turtling up and providing 0 retaliation whilst getting rained on by elbows and punches constitutes as "intelligently defending yourself"...you guys are HILARIOUS. Jones is on another level to Chael and just proved it.

Most of those shots landed on Chael's forearms.

Don't get me wrong -- Jones is a better fighter than Sonnen, period. But that was an early stoppage.

Early as fuck.

Chael was defending and was clearly still ok.

Early stoppage but it makes no difference. If the ref didn't stop it Sonnen would still have been finished in the first.

he was getting beat up but in other title fights the ref lets it go for a bit longer

Chael, one of the biggest excuse makers in MMA, said it was a good stoppage. Good enough for me

Chael blocked almost all of those shots and the knee Jones threw was very questionable. Good thing for him that they had a shit ref in there!

honestly for a championship fight, I think it was a bit early, I know Im just a fan watching it on my tv, but Chael was still in it, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back