Jones vs Cain at hw

You said it. When Velasquez gassed fighting Werdum, it was like he was trying to reenact Cormier's championship rounds against Jones.
giphy.gif

Cain does not have better BJJ. He has no submission wins and there were definitely opportunities for armbars and chokes in the JDS 2-3 fights which Cain completely ignored. DC has 4 wins by a submission. I also do not think he is stronger than DC in a clinch or on the ground, or at least he has only been tested once by Brock who got a takedown.
1. I would guess a black belt in bjj is better than a brown belt in bjj trained by the same coach? And LHW is way different than HW.
2. JDS is a bjj black belt, and Cain is not the type of fighter that will give up positions to go for a submission. Cain was doing fine...Getting in dominant positions is kind of Cains main weapon you know..
3. Cain is a completely different fighter, with much more pressure, high pace and constant work. And he is much bigger and stronger, so there is no way he can be bullied or outpowered the way most fighters do with Jones. Brock is 300 lbs, so that is not comparable, and he was beat up pretty bad anyway.

I would never pick Cain to win any fight anymore

Back