Jones Throws Shade at DC Saying He Deserves to be in GOAT Talks

I give him full credit for stepping up and going after this heavyweight title. The victory would certainly do wonders for his all-time status. Absolutely. But ultimately his legacy still comes down to the Jones fights. Two opportunities and two losses. He staked a lot on those fights so it is only fair to evaluate him based on those performances.
Well, yeah. But styles make fights. It would be great to see both DC and JJ fight Stipe for a comparison. Maybe DC beats stipe and Jones doesn't.

At the end of the day Jon Jones will always be the one that beat DC every time they fought.

Jon also lost his first title while scheduled to defend against Rumble, not DC. But nice try trying to hang onto Jon's coattails any way possible. Which is DC's claim to fame to begin with.

Hang onto his coattails? <{MingNope}>

Only to fanboys who don't mind when their crush cheats repeatedly.

jones should shut the fuck up. destroyed his career because of COUNTLESS fuck ups. could be him here now in GOAT talk, being a LHW and HW champ and cement him as the greatest ever. but he fucked up for the 1000th time and now DC took his place
304667.jpg

Cheers sir!

Bones was a big bag of shit since day one. Reeked of bullshit.

He removed himself twice from GOAT talks with two PED busts. He’ll never be taken seriously as the greatest again. Especially considering he busted twice against the same opponent knowing damn well he was going to be strictly tested. Mental midget.

What's going on with Jones' appeal to USADA?

Is there any chance he's getting off or is it almost guaranteed he's getting a major suspension?

Jon is like Eric Cartman in that episode when he thinks everyone likes him but they just think he is a complete fucking tool.

Jones without juice could barely get past OSP.

Great fighter but no, not really in that conversation at all. Basically the only reason he was ever a champion is because Jones is a total and complete fuck up. He never has that Belt if Jones had his shit together.

dont know how hes not in the discussion.

I dont think any other lhw in history can best him. only hws I would favor over him are prime fedor, and MAYBE cain, but ever then it might be dead even. the only person that beat him is a lhw accused of taking peds and then popping for them

A little more humility from someone who screwed the best time in his career would be nice.

any person that didn't get a cringe/psychopath vibe from Jon Jones in his first days in the spotlight has really shitty insight into the human soul.
Completely agree. Not once did I ever like Jones. I recognized he was an incredible talent early on but it was also extremely simple to see through his not-so -subtle "I'm a good Christian" act.

As a DC fan, Im not bothered by his inability to beat Jones. It’s not like anyone else has done it. DC could still finish his career as a top 15 all timer, but haters will still point to his losses to Jones. If the biggest knock against someone is that he couldn’t beat the greatest fighter in UFC history (while he may or may not have been juicing), that’s the sign of a damn fine career

Yep, Jon juiced because he didn't think he could win without it vs DC. Jon should know himself better than anyone. I say he would have lost the first fight if he didn't cheat, and possibly the second too. We've seen over and over again the downfall of fighters when they had to get off peds. Jon couldn't stop, he knew what happen without it.

As a DC fan, Im not bothered by his inability to beat Jones. It’s not like anyone else has done it. DC could still finish his career as a top 15 all timer, but haters will still point to his losses to Jones. If the biggest knock against someone is that he couldn’t beat the greatest fighter in UFC history (while he may or may not have been juicing), that’s the sign of a damn fine career
Read what I wrote above, he never beat DC fair. Both should be loses.

People are putting way too much stock into Jones's "wins" over DC.
In the first match, he barely beat DC while having every conceivable advantage over him. Jones off the steroids fighting a 28 year old DC gets stomped out.

It’s always going to be a topic of conversation, there is no real answer to any of that. We do know in all likelihood Jones was dominating in a time where probably most of the competition was using some sort of performance enhancers. So it’s not like he acted alone in that regard. The rest of it who knows it’s a lot of speculation.
Speculation? Your initial statements are speculation, but you're passing it off as fact. Lol k.

Back