Jones test positive for Cocaine - MERGED THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt about arbritrary discretion. If someone has not violated the rules for out-of-competition substances then how can they be subject to the penalties of a policy they didnt break? Whatever the UFC decides as part of an employee standard of conduct clause doesnt change that the AC can not invalidate the win. lobby to change the rules if they dont do it in reaction to this but it would be a reckless precedent even for the UFC to try to strip someone for not taking a banned substance and would face legal challenges as well. He wasnt even in country supposedly when he did it. There are lists of banned substances. A fighter should face penalty for drugs not listed? Slippery slope

I see your point.
But I think that letting a fighter take such a hard drug "because we didn't think about this" is a much more slippery slope IMHO.

And I have yet to see where it is written that a fighter who runs from a test should be banned from the sport...

...my point being that, if they can make up new punishment for Wandi, then they surely can make it for Jon also!

I chose no. I do care in an "I think it's funny sort of way" but he beat DCs ass who was supposed to be his biggest challenge. Anybody who says coke is a ped is a fucking idiot.

If he tests positive for steroids then yea strip him, but don't take the mans belt away for doing cocaine in his spare time, and I love to hate on Jon Jones.

I chose no. I do care in an "I think it's funny sort of way" but he beat DCs ass who was supposed to be his biggest challenge. Anybody who says coke is a ped is a fucking idiot.

If he tests positive for steroids then yea strip him, but don't take the mans belt away for doing cocaine in his spare time, and I love to hate on Jon Jones.

While I understand your point, I feel it's not valid because there is not a difference between things that are banned for being PED's and
things that are banned but aren't PED's.

What I mean is, weed isn't a PED. Taking Hydrocodone/painkillers isn't a PED. Things aren't banned simply for enhancing performance. If it is a banned substance, it is a banned substance. Whether it enhances performance or not is irrelevant. Cocaine is a banned substance, and testing positive for banned substances holds penalties regardless of how much of a PED it may be. That's how I feel atleast, and I love my weed and my Diaz bros.

Last edited:
Cocaine is making a huge comeback in the drug and party world.

I know because I was addicted to crack cocaine for over 2 years, fucked my whole life up and many relationships included. I've since cleaned myself up, work as a manager at a job I love, and see my kid every day. In my small town alone, when I was at the peak of my use it became apparent that many people I know ALSO use cocaine from time to time or as often as I did. It's easy to distingush between users when you are one yourself, you elp each other out when looking to buy etc.

I was pretty bad into the 'gangsta' lifestyle, was involved with local gang members and was selling so I could keep my own habit going. (upwards of 3 grand a night to support at times. Yeah.) and the amount of people doing the drug is insane. At any one night in a crack shack, in a town of 100,000 people, I could see up to 300 people coming and going, easily. You can see why it was so easy to make $$, and is part of the reason WHY it's getting so popular again, as apposed to the 80's era cocaine explosion.

When it comes to recreational use, in my area anyways, if you don't use it's considered very taboo but if you do it's as normal as smoking a ciggarette. and there are LOT's of users.. people you went to school with, work with, etc. NORMAL people with normal jobs using once in a while or complete fuck-ups like my former self who would depend on using every day just to function.

In the celebrity world, people with shit-tons of money, you bet there are thousands of regular users, to daily users. I don't believe Jon is a regular user, it would be a little more obvious considering he's the # 1 P4P fighter on the planet and it WOULD greatly decrease his performance if that were true. When you got a ton of $ like Jon, it's easy to see how using coke here and there would become tempting and easy depending on the company you keep.

I don't hold him against it at all, it does help that I have a lot of personal experience, however it's clear it is not an addict and only used recreational here and there. His first time? Nobody believes that but COME ON. The guy has a ton of money, is young and parties once in a blue moon in between all the fighting and training, of course something like this happens now and then. I could of told you without the headlines.

He is not the only one.

By the way, what was his story about the snitching case? Didn't he say he did it because he hated drugs? If that's true it will make him even more hypocritical.

By the way, what was his story about the snitching case? Didn't he say he did it because he hated drugs? If that's true it will make him even more hypocritical.

nothing new here to see.

lol link in first video.. paraphrased "repeated reports of jon jones asking for waitress' numbers all the while his girlfriend/wife and kids are at home."

Yes.

Anyone who has done quality cocaine knows that it completely numbs your face.. He was probably doing lines right before the fight.

I was wondering how he was shrugging off punches that should have really hurt him while in he clench with DC.. As l long as a punch didn't land to the temple his equilibrium would be fine without having to worry about pain.

and yea as someone else has pointed out. Cocaine only stays in your system for 2-3 days..

Fight should be ruled a no contest imo.

Can't form a proper opinion on it when things were staged the way they were and only a bit by bit is coming out now with this PED thing, a month after.

Accidentally it seems as well.

ITT
az_zebras.jpg

most people don't care about him using coke, but everyone is talking about it

Lol who cares. Most high profile athletes are into some kind of debauchery. Dude is young, rich, and the best fighter on the planet. Let him do blow off a strippers ass.

I kinda feel bad for Jones' kids. Not only that their dad makes bad decisions but that it's also a very public situation.

Has anything come out that he is addicted to coke or that he just dabbles once in a while?

He just went into rehab and they immediately cancelled the random year round tests after finding this one so what do you think.

I kinda feel bad for Jones' kids. Not only that their dad makes bad decisions but that it's also a very public situation.

Yeah, especially the one that he abandoned with the baby mama and moved to a different state,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back